Villa in Kalkan, Turkey - Private Elevated Location Close To Local Village Amenities
This luxury detached villa has all the ingredients for a perfect holiday. Situated in a private, elevated location, with panoramic views over Kalkan and out to sea. Villa Hilal has three double bedrooms all with ensuite marble shower rooms, one with a Jacuzzi bath, a further shower room on the ground floor, a large comfortable lounge with sat TV and internet access, dining area, American style granite kitchen, balconies, a furnished roof terrace, plus an indoor sauna. The luxury also extends outside to its large, furnished sun terrace, 9 metre pool, children's pool, al fresco dining area, choice of traditional or gas BBQs , and a traditional Turkish kosk where you can lounge on cushions and enjoy a few drinks as the sun sets. Villa Hilal is in a private setting and has stunning views across the town, the bay and the Taurus mountains. It is just a few minutes drive from Kalkan old town, harbour and beach and 5 minutes walk from shops and a local market. The villa accommodates 6 people comfortably.
About the Owner
We are Mike and Janet Bell we have owned Villa Hilal since March 2010. We fell in love with the place at first sight. We live in near Ilkley West Yorkshire England. Our kids have grown and flown we are left with our Boxer dog coco. Kalkan has so much to offer those who want a beautiful coastline, fabulous beaches and a lively town. There are a whole variety of places to eat and drink, boat trips, sunshine's cruises there is just not enough time to do everything.
Guestbook comments from the owner
One of the most beautiful places we've been to! Villa Hilal itself is spectacular and very well equipped. The views are truly breathtaking, especially in the early evening just as the sun goes down and the town below begins to twinkle with lights. We wanted total relaxation and that is exactly what we got. We'd recommend the villa to friends and family without hesitation.
Karen,Brian,Reece & Morgan-July 2010
Back yesterday from our lovely Turkish holiday.
Villa Hilal was great - a superb position with lovely views and probably the best equipped villa we have stayed in. Everything you could possibly need in the kitchen and the outdoor pool furniture was perfect. So was the pool which the kids loved. And we needed the air conditioning - boy was it hot! So thank you - we had a super time.
Wanted to say also that the welcome pack was very much appreciated having basics makes a big difference.
Susannah Broom - Aug 2010
From the Owner
“We have been looking for sometime for a place in the sun. Kalkan and its surrounding areas are beautiful, relaxing, and exciting. The weather is just perfect and the people are so friendly and helpful. We have designed our own Hilal website. Villa Hilal is situated just outside Kalkan town and on the edge of the village of Akbel. Here you will find everything you could want from the local village market on Sundays to small eating and drinking places, where you can enjoy the tasty local food, after the gentle 5 minutes stroll down from the Villa. You will find the locals to be great hosts, very helpful and friendly and itching to try out their command of English. We go down here for Guzleme (local pancakes at breakfast time.”
Activity and Interests
The villa is less than 10 minutes drive from Kalkan's attractive beach. The town has 7 beach clubs in stunning locations. Alternatively, a 10 minute dolmus ride (local minibus service) will take you to beautiful Kaputas beach, or a 20 minute ride takes you to the famous Patara beach with its 18km of white sand. Patara beach, set in a national park, has been voted one of the Med's most beautiful and undiscovered beaches. Olu Deniz beach, the most photographed in Turkey, is around an hour's drive.
The nearest airport is Dalaman (approx 1.5 hour drive) and flights are direct from the UK. Transfer to and from the airport is usually by private car hire, taxi or minibus. We can arrange transfers and car hire from Kalkan at very reasonable prices.
Kalkan town centre, 5 mins drive (2.5km). Kaputas beach, 15 min drive. Patara beach, 20 min drive. Kas, 30 min drive. Fethiye, under 1 hour drive. Other local attractions are easily accessible, such as Xanthos (the ancient capital of Lycia), the sunken city of Kekova, the ghost town of Kayakoy, the rock tombs of Tlos, Demre and the Church of St Nicholas (Father Christmas), the mountain villages of Islamlar and Bezirgan, and Saklikent Gorge. Daily boat trips from the harbour are also available.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 31 Dec 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£150|
Please note the pool is usually empty between 31 October and 1 May.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The views from Villa Hilal are superb from all the rooms and the large terrace. The pool on the terrace has a small pool perfect for children or for those non swimmers who want to relax in the warm water and not miss out on the fun. There is A traditional charcoal BBQ and also the quick and easy convenience of a gas BBQ. A large Kosk lined with Turkish cushions provide the perfect spot for relaxation, evening drinks whilst watching the sun go down over Kalkan. The upper floor has the advantage of a sauna and the balcony had unsurpassed views over Kalkan and to the West Patara beach, where in the evenings you can watch the sun set. The balcony also has elegant tables, chairs and a sofa for your complete relaxation.”
- Air Conditioning
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- wheelchair inaccessible
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Jacuzzi
- Shower room 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- There are 4 spacious marble bathrooms. The 3 ensuite bathrooms all have showers wcs, washbasins, mirrors, and hairdryers. For added luxury, the master bathroom also has a jacuzzi bath and twin basins. The fourth bathroom, with a shower, WC and washbasin is on the ground floor.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed
- Bedroom 3 - 2 Single Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1: double bed, en-suite bathroom with jacuzzi, balcony with sea view. Bedroom 2: twin beds, en-suite shower room, balcony with sea view. Bedroom 3: twin beds, private shower room, access to the furnished roof terrace with stunning views,
- Barbecue ...
- Notes on accommodation: All rooms have beautiful sea views. There are marble floors and staircases throughout and attractive concealed lighting in the lounge, which has traditional Turkish rugs and cushions. This villa is particularly suitable for families with young children because of the additional children's pool, although young children should still be supervised outside. There is also ample car parking space. Outside: The villa is as luxurious outside as it is in. Its large, private pool terrace enjoys day long sunshine and the spectacular views. It has a stone traditional BBQ and a deluxe gas BBQ. It is furnished with teak sunbeds, cushions, tables,and parasols. There is a hammock for lazing in the sun. The pool which may be illuminated at night is 10 x 5 metres, with a shallow end of 1.20 metres and a deep end of 2 metres. The villa also has a children's pool. For alfresco dining both the pool terrace and the roof terrace are furnished with tables and chairs. There is also a traditional Turkish kosk, a perfect place for relaxing out of the sun. Below the pool terrace is a small garden with trees and shrubs.. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and bed linen (not beach towels) are included and changed weekly when the villa is cleaned throughout. Other: Traditional Turkish kosk - a raised and covered seating area on the terrace furnished with Turkish rugs and cushions, and perfect for relaxing with a drink as the sun sets or sheltering from the heat of the day.