Villa in Kalkan, Mediterranian, Turkey - Less than 3 minutes to beach, restaurants and shops
Secluded Old Town Villa with 3 large en-suite bedrooms. Prime location, spacious villa set in lush garden terraces, large pool, quiet secluded complex. Under three minutes to beach, restaurants and shops.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
Less than 3 minutes walk to the local beach with umbrellas, sunbeds and several small cafes. There are also a number of local beach clubs with excellent facilities, including a wide range of water sports. 20 minutes by minibus to Patara beach - 15kms of totally unspoilt, golden sand, home of the nesting turtles, where sunbeds and umbrellas can be hired for the day.
Approximately one hour 40 minutes by car from Dalaman Airport, airport transfers can be arranged. Antalya airport is approximately a three hour drive. Because of the location of the villa, in the heart of all amenities, car hire is not required but should you wish to hire a car to explore the region, there is secure free parking at the villa and in the village.
Kalkan is situated at the foot of the Taurus mountain range and there are several Ottoman towns and villages in the area. The small regional town of Kas is 20 minutes drive along a stunning coastal road with views rivalling the best in the world. Patara Beach, 20 minutes away, is described as one of the 10 best beaches in Europe, with 8 miles of unspoilt white sand.
The winding streets of Kalkan offer the visitor a wealth of attractions. There are over 150 restaurants, to suit every taste, and pocket. Sit at one of the harbour side bars or cafes, watching the sun go down as you plan where to go for dinner. Browse in the local shops selling everything from silverware and carpets to 'designer' handbags and very well priced jewellery. For the adventurous, try the wide range of watersports available or book a day on a diving course, there are several PADI dive centres in the village. To totally relax, have a day at sea on a gulet, swimming, snorkeling and getting away from it all. The villa is close to a well stocked local supermarket, which sells everything you could possibly need. There is a butcher - for those with barbecues, less than 5 minutes walk and a bank with a 24 hour ATM three minutes away. Every Thursday Kakan has a local market with a wide range of goods from holiday souvenirs to fresh fruit, vegetables, herbs, cheeses and olive oils brought down from the mountain villages. Taste the locally produced olive oil and you will never want to buy the commercial variety again or try the local olives, dozens of varieties. Several tour companies in the village offer a range of day trips, group sizes are kept small and the trips give you the chance to go much further afield without hiring a car. In particular we recommend Saklikent Gorge and Tlos, a magnificent mountain gorge with ice cold water running through, and very well preserved historical site with ruins from Greek, Roman and Byzantine times and the one day trip to Kekova, a sunken city, incredibly well preserved. For the very active, Kalkan is on the Lycian Way, described by the Sunday Times as one of the 10 best walks in the world. There are a number of clearly signposted walks, from three to six hours and of varying degrees of difficulty originating in the village. Maps and the Lycian Way guidebook are provided in the apartment.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Nov 2016 - 30 Apr 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
To book, please email or phone. To confirm your booking, a 25% deposit is required. Full payment is due 6 weeks before arrival.
Flexible - we will try to accommodate all arrival/departures.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK pounds. Discounts for long winter lets.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- All en-suite bathrooms have enclosed showers. Additional bathroom on ground floor with enclosed shower and guest wc.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 en-suite with queen sized bed, two balconies, air-conditioning. Bedroom 2 en-suite with twin beds, balcony, air-conditioning. Bedroom 3 en-suite with twin beds, balcony, air-conditioning.
- Outside: 2 garden terraces, 1 shaded dining terrace, large Outback gas barbecue, 6 loungers with mattresses, 3 large umbrellas, outdoor dining table for 10, secluded upper drinks terrace with occasional table and chairs, hammock and grapevine covered arbor. Large shared pool with 2 other villas. Gentle steps into 5' depth. Shallow lounge pool to relax with book and drink. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All linens provided excluding beach towels. Cleaning and linen change weekly. Additional cleaning and laundry on request. Private caterer available for in villa dining. Other: Rooftop terrace with stunning views across Kalkan Bay to Islands, mountain views behind, table for alfresco dining. Large Outback gas barbecue.