Villa in Sant Angelo, - Private and Peaceful Location, Beautifully Appointed
Casa Colomba is a very pretty large country house with a private pool set in beautiful gardens amongst the glorious Marche countryside. At the end of a 200m ‘white road’ Colomba is three 3km outside the lovely medieval hill town of Sant Angelo in Pontano and enjoys a private setting in a tranquil location. On three stories the house has 5 bedrooms. There are three on the first floor, two doubles and one twin, sharing two large well appointed bathrooms with fabulous views. On the top floor there is a large double bedroom with a balcony, and another large bedroom, with bunk beds and twin beds. These two rooms share a large family bathroom. This floor is ideal for a family, perhaps with small children, as there is a stair gate at the top of the stairs and it can keep little ones separate from older house mates in the mornings! Alternatively a large family group might choose to put all the children up on the top floor with adults occupying the middle floor.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
Can I just say what a fantastic holiday we had at Casa Colomba. It was one of the best family holidays we have ever had... A beautiful house in a stunning setting. We have great memories of sitting out on that wonderful loggia - morning, noon or evening. Your house is wonderfully equipped and spacious. We loved going into the village too, where everyone was so pleasant and welcoming and the village itself so charming. We would recommend Casa Colomba to anyone seeking a relaxing time in a wonderful location. Oh... and Ellie says the pool was great! I agree. Powell family July 2010
This is a little after the event but I just wanted to thank you so much for the wonderful holiday we had at Casa Colomba. It is really a beautifully placed and designed house and we all had a very happy two weeks there exploring the village, surrounding towns and beaches. It was perfect in every way and just what we needed. - Gleeson family July 2009.
5 based on 3 holidaymaker reviews
We had a lovely stay at Casa Colomba, beautiful house, beautifully situated near a lovely village untainted by tourism and where we were welcomed by the friendly villagers. The house itself is very well-equipped and can accommodate many different activities whether you be 80 years old or 80 weeks. How do you describe a house that is just right? You don't, but you you know you want to return.
Paula and Kevin have thought of everything to make this the perfect holiday villa. From the hammock on the Lodgia to the combination lock on the pool gates we appreciated every little detail. The house was surrounded with sunflowers in every direction , it was like being in a postcard. The village of Sant Angelo is very sweet and had everything we needed. We even walked to the bar a couple of times. The house is in a very private position but with easy access (unlike the last time we stayed in Tuscany) Niel (the manager) was very helpful and discrete. One of the things we liked best was the kids room on the top floor. It was a real adventure for them to sleep together in bunk beds like this.
We loved Casa Alice. A beautiful family home and great for groups with kids (we had 2 x 4yr olds, a 3 yr old, a 2 yr old and a 9 mth old). Wonderful terrace to eat on with views of sunflower fields, a beautiful, safe garden and lots of toys to amuse the children. They also adored the swing chairs and hammock - as did we... Only downside was the pool was a bit fresh, even in August but we had a great week there and would highly recommend it.
Activity and Interests
There is a selection of fine beaches within 40 minutes drive.
A car is essential. The nearest airport is Ancona, which is 1 hour away. Rome and Bologna are 3 hours away, Perugia, Rimini and Pescara are all 2 hours away.
Sant Angelo in Pontano is 3km away. Here you will find all your basic needs, such as green grocers, supermarket, bakers, ATM, butchers and 4 restaurants. There is a guide to local restaurants in the house.
Nearby facilities include horse riding, quad biking, hang gliding, skiing, rafting, kayaking, ballooning, organised walking and sailing. And then there's the restaurants!
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£640|
Please note that your booking is binding and you must insure yourselves against cancellation in case of illness. However we would make every effort to re let any cancelled weeks and refund you the rent is successful
Sunday changeover day.
Please be aware that there is a charge made for this listing by the listing site that is out of control. For this reason you may see this property elsewhere at a lower rate.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 0% refund for cancellations more than 0 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- children welcome
- limited accessibility
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Bathroom 1 with shower, WC, bidet and sink. Bathroom 2 with shower, bath, bidet, WC and sink (contains laundry facilities). Bathroom 3 with shower, large bath, two sinks and WC.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 12 (5 Bedrooms) discounts for smaller group Notes on bedrooms: Bedrooms 1 and 2 with double bed. Bedroom 3 with twin beds. Bedroom 4 with king size bed. Bedroom 5 with twin beds and bunk beds.
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The house is family friendly with all the necessary equipment monitors, high chairs, step ups, steriliser etc) available upon request for families with small children to make the most of their holiday. There is a trampoline and climbing frame and swing. We can arrange English speaking baby sitters. The pool and garden are fenced for your peace of mind, although nothing can replace close supervision and vigilance where safety is concerned. All bedrooms have double glazing and external shutters to keep out the heat. Each bedroom has a fan and anti-mozzie devices. While we do have wireless broadband internet we cannot be held in any way responsible for any problems with it as it is Telecom Italia dependent and very occasionally unreliable. Although it functions 99% of the time if internet is a prerequisite for your holiday this is not the house for you. Outside: The living room has three large French doors leading out to covered loggia or veranda. In summer months the whole space is as one with little distinction between inside and out. The loggia has fantastic views, over the formal designer garden and into the countryside beyond. There is a huge dining table, and a selection of seating including hammocks and loungers. The loggia is well lit with atmospheric subtle lighting. There is a lawn for sunbathing, a further lawn to the side of the house for play with a trampoline, and swing/ climbing frame, fun for all ages. The path through the olive avenue leads down through lovely perennial planting to the fabulous pool. 12x5m with ample terrace and a mixture of sun and shade this is where you will probably spend most of your time (the pool is fenced off for safety). Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Full clean weekly with additional clean midweek of bathrooms, kitchen and reception rooms. Linen and towels changed once a week. Beach towels supplied. Garden and pool maintained as necessary. Other: Playroom with games and toys. Downstairs WC.