Village House in Faugeres, Nr. Béziers, Languedoc Roussillon - Private Pool
The garden is on 2 levels. The smaller, lower level has a secure, off-road parking area and a small, shady terrace. The larger, upper garden area is where the swimming pool is situated, and although very private, offers views towards the vineyards and over the village. When the pool is in use, you can have a security fence around it upon request which makes it ideal for families with young children. There are 2 areas for outdoor eating. Upon entering the house you arrive in the living/dining area. The recently renovated kitchen has a dishwasher, induction hob, oven, microwave and American fridge/freezer. On this floor there is also a bathroom with bath/shower and WC. Downstairs you will find double and twin bedrooms, a shower room with WC and a laundry room. The double room opens out onto the downstairs terrace. Faugères has a good little grocery store in the village and the bar/restaurant is a 10 mins walk. The village is surrounded by stunning scenery and great walks.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
The owner has a wine tour business and offers discounts to those staying at this property.
The lovely beach at Sérignan and the lively resort of Valras Plage are an easy 35 minute drive from Faugères.
Montpellier Airport: 1 hour by car.
Béziers Cap d'Agde Airport: 30 minutes by car.
Carcassonne Airport: 1 hour and 15 minutes by car.
Nîmes Airport: 1 hour and 30 minutes by car.
Perpignan Airport: 1 hour and 30 minutes by car.
Great walks all around the village. From the house you can set off and walk all day every day, and never do the same walk twice. The village is surrounded by the Faugères vineyard, and higher up by the "garrigue" or dense, Mediterranean scrub land,with pines, olive trees, and wild herbs.
The stunning Lac Salagou is 30 mins drive away and is a good alternative to the beach.
The town of Pezenas has the best market in the region on a Saturday morning (20 mins drive).
Nearest Supermarkets: Bedarieux and Magales 10min by car
Nearest Hypermarkets: Béziers 25 minutes by car
Grocery and fresh bread: Essentials available on the edge of the village
Café: Until 7pm in Faugères village centre.
Bar/restaurant: "Le Bel Air" 10 minutes walk, on edge of village.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
15 Oct 2016 - 29 Oct 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
30 Oct 2016 - 11 Mar 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£300|
Deposit of 30% payable upon booking. Balance payable 10 weeks before arrival. £300 security deposit cheque to be sent at least one week before arrival. This will not be cashed unless there is damage to the property or its contents during the rental period. If there is no damage, the cheque will be returned within 1 week of the end of the rental period.
Saturday is the preferred changeover day, although we will consider other days (except July and August) Departure by 10am, arrival not before 4pm local time.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK Pounds. Payment in Euros possible on request.
This price includes end of stay cleaning charge, as well as weekly linen and towel changes.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Oven ...
- Hob ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
- Toys ...
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- wheelchair inaccessible
- near the sea
- autumn foliage
- winery tours
- bird watching
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- massage therapist
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- 130 m²
- Shower room 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Upstairs bathroom with corner bath and shower attachment with thermostat. Washbasin and WC. Downstairs shower room with walk-in shower with thermostat, washbasin and WC.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5
- Bedroom 2 - 2 Single Bed
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Double Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Cot available on request Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed. Bedroom 2 with twin beds. Possible 3rd bedroom with single bed upon request
- Golf ...
- Tennis ...
- Notes on accommodation: The house is heated throughout with high quality radiators, which coupled with the extremely thick walls and the log fire make the house very cosy during the winter months. In summer, the thick walls help to keep the property cool, and with the bedrooms being on a lower level, the temperature is always pleasant even during the hottest nights. Because the house has a private walled garden and gates which can be securely locked, it is an ideal location for a family with young children, as well as those couples who are looking for a private house in a small village. Outside: Garden: There is a 6m x 3m swimming pool with a maximum depth of 1m 60. There are 4 sun loungers. There is a shaded eating area with table and 6 chairs, and a BBQ area with a wooden picnic bench. There is a Weber kettle BBQ. Outside the main entrance there is a small shaded patio with room for a table and two chairs. The downstairs area has room for one car, and there is a small terrace with a table and chairs which can be accessed from the double bedroom. Utility Room: Washing machine, ironing board, iron and vacuum cleaner. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Price per week includes bedlinen and a bath and hand towel per person per week. It also includes cleaning charges at the end of the rental period. Extra cleaning is available but must be paid separately. The house should be left in good order.