Stone Barn in Perignac, Nr. Barbezieux St Hilaire, Charente - Outstanding countryside views. Around 10 minutes drive to the nearest town of Blanzac-porcheresse
Chez Retorit has been restored preserving its original character. It is surrounded by its own garden, with fields beyond and views towards the hamlet of Perignac. The barn sleeps up to eight people. It accommodates two families sharing and provides spacious accommodation for smaller numbers of guests.
Children enjoy using the private pool, which is not overlooked, and the lit terrace around the pool provides a lovely place to relax with a glass of wine in the evening. The garden is large enough for children to ride bikes, kick a ball and have fun. There is plenty of space to sit in the sun or shade and guests enjoy eating outside, under the covered terrace or in the dappled shade from the trees.
Top Traveller Review
Great relaxing holiday!
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
"We had a fabulous time, very peaceful, we all loved the pool. We will recommend this house to our friends" - The Gibsons.
"Fantastic holiday much needed R&R - beautiful location" - R&A Scott + family
4.4 based on 5 holidaymaker reviews
Great relaxing holiday!
Lovely relaxing holiday in this spacious and comfortable property set in beautiful French countryside. A stunning ,peaceful setting. Lots of swimming in the very private pool, easy cycling around the local lanes. The children loved it and so did we!
A fantastic French holiday
We stayed at Chez Retorit for 2 weeks in August with our children aged 6, 10 and 12. The property was lovely and spacious and very clean. It was well equipped including a good range of books and games for the children. These were hardly needed though as the pool was the big attraction. The swimming pool was ideal, it is a good size and in a lovely sheltered and secluded location. The property is superbly placed, and being surrounded by fields of sunflowers was amazing. The village of Blanzac is a short drive away and met all our basic needs. Angouleme is a lovely town, well worth a visit for lunch or a tour of the cathedral, and is also good for shopping.
A special place
We are a family of four, two 40-something adults and two children aged 4 & 6. This was our second visit to Chez Retorit and to our delight equally as magical an experience as the first. The property offers complete peace and tranquility in the idyllic rolling countryside that is the Charente Region. A place to relax and unwind with plenty of outdoor space for our active children, a safe, gated and heated pool with shaded areas for hot days. It is within easy travelling distance to Cognac and Bordeaux as well as the west coast. We adore the change of pace that this holiday brings and the opportunity to relax, recharge and enjoy our family time. The house itself is large and well equipped providing the English comforts required without losing the 'French-feel'. Our children were also fortunate to be of an age to enjoy the toys and games left at the property.
We highly recommend Chez Retorit and will no doubt be planning a third trip back !
Relaxing Fun Holiday
What a lovely house with plenty of space for our two families.
The swimming pool is private and warm and was an instant hit with everyone.
The covered terrace is spacious and is ideal for lunch and barbecues at night.
The property was clean, well equipped and cared for.
Location is excellent: in the countryside and very peaceful (we were surrounded by sunflowers) but close to local shops and near to some pretty villages, we particularly liked Brantome and Aubeterre-sur-Dronne
We took trips to Brantome, Aubeterre-sur-Dronne, Angouleme, Bordeaux and Saint Emilion, and enjoyed the local Pineau and Melons from a farm we found very close to the house.
We will recommend this house to our friends and family.
Fantastic property, great pool. Lovely rural location but not far from small town. Very relaxing days spent by the pool and fun visits to a nearby lake with a beach. Pretty towns to visit nearby. Perfect holiday for our two families with small children. We would stay here again.
Activity and Interests
The barn is an hour from both Bordeaux and Royan which enjoy beautiful Atlantic sandy beaches. There is much to do and further details can be found at the house.
Main Airport: Bordeaux at 100km, Bergerac at 80km, Angouleme 30km. Nearest ferry port: St Malo at 388km. Nearest railway station: Angouleme (TVG) at 27km. Car: necessary.
'Chez Retorit’ is very close to the Dordogne region and just an hour from Bordeaux. There are many interesting places all within each reach including the medieval city of Angouleme, Cognac and the wine areas of the Medoc and St Emilion. Brantôme is a popular, pretty town which has several churches and abbeys, Kayaking and many excellent restaurants.There is a theme park at Poitiers, Futuroscope, which is based upon multimedia, cinematographic futoroscope and audio-visual techniques.
‘Chez Retorit' provides a relaxing and comfortable base for a holiday. The barn is perfectly located allowing you to enjoy many activities if you wish including walking, cycling, horse riding, fishing, canoeing, tennis, golf and swimming.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
17 Jun 2017 - 9 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£500|
Please email me to make a booking. I shall then send you a copy of my terms and conditions. I shall reserve your dates for 5 days to allow for the deposit to reach me and then confirm your booking. Full payment must be made 8 weeks before the start of the holiday.
Payment can be made in either £'s or €'s.
Changeover day is on a Saturday. Check-in is at 4pm and departure by 10am. Changeover day may be flexible during the off peak season.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- recreation centre
- winery tours
- bird watching
- horse riding
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- 2500 sq. ft.
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite to bedroom 1 with bath, seperate shower, wc and basin, cupboard. Family bathroom with shower, toilet and basin and storage shelves.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1, double bed, en-suite with bath and shower, large wardrobe and chest of drawers. Bedroom 2, double bed, wardrobe and chest of drawers. Bedroom 3, twin beds, large wardrobe and chest of drawers. Bedroom 4, bunk bed and chest of drawers.
- Golf ...
- Kayak / Canoe
- Notes on accommodation: The property is suitable for children under 5 years as the pool is fenced. There is an extra charge of £50 a week for heating if required. Outside: There is a large garden, which surrounds the property. Within the garden is an enclosed private pool. The heated swimming pool has a movement sensitive safety alarm system and measures 9m x 4m. The terrace around the pool provides space to use loungers and chairs, and there is a large parasol to provide shade. There is a covered terrace leading from the hall where there is a large table with seating for 8 people. There are sun loungers and chairs for use around the pool and garden. There are two picnic benches; sitting at both of these benches provides views across the countryside. There is a barbecue for use by the covered terrace. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed linen and towels included, changed weekly. Please bring own beach towels. The house will have been cleaned and prepared in advance of your arrival to get your holiday off to a great start. There is an English House Keeper.