Cottage in Yzeures-sur-Creuse, Indre et Loire, France - Set in Small Peaceful Hamlet, 10 mins Walk to Village
Taigh Sgiathanach is a delightful detached cottage set in the peaceful hamlet of Napres in the department of Indre et Loire. The cottage consists of the original house and adjacent barn which have been lovingly restored and combined into a spacious 3 bedroom property still retaining a wealth of original features. A short 5 minute walk will take you to the open air swimming pool and tennis courts situated by the River Creuse. Continuing along the river for a further five minutes will take you into the village, Yzures sur Creuse, with all local amenities. The spa town of La Roche Posay (8km) has a wide variety of leisure facilities, including a casino, spa, golf course and horse riding. With only a 25 mins drive to the town of Chatellerault and the A10 Napres has easy access to a wealth of the historic towns and chateaux of the Loire region.
Top Traveller Review
A lovely retreat
About the Owner
1 holidaymaker review
A lovely retreat
The property is a superb getaway in an area that has lots to offer. The cottage is cosy and yet spacious as each room is a very good size and there are many outside areas to sit. The kitchen is well equipped and the bottle of wine is always welcome on arrival. We have stayed at the cottage twice now, the past two years, as we just love the area and still have places we haven't managed to get to and places we would love to return to. Coming back to the cottage after a day out is always something we look forward to either to sit outside on the terrace listening to the owls and looking at the many stars or inside in the very comfortable lounge. We look forward to returning again.
Activity and Interests
Airports: Tours 63 miles / 100km / 75 mins. Poiters 42 miles / 68km / 60 mins.
Motorway: A10 18 miles / 28km / 25 mins.
Ferry ports: Calais 386 miles / 621km / 6 hours. Caen 224 miles / 360km / 4.5 hours. Cherbourg 292 miles / 470km /6 hours.
Railway stations: St Pierre de Corps (Tours)/ 100km. Chatellerault 18 miles / 28km / 25 mins.
Yzures sur Creuse is within walking distance and has a restaurant, cafe/bar, butcher, baker, post office and bank. There is also a supermarket and petrol station just on the edge of the village 1.5km. La Roche Posay 8km and Preuilly sur Claise 9km both also have a wealth of restaurants.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A request for a booking should be made by e-mail. A confirmation of availability will then be sent along with full terms and conditions and a booking form which should be completed and returned with a 25% deposit. The remaining balance is then due 8 weeks prior to commencement of your stay unless the booking is made less than 8 weeks prior to your stay in which case the whole amount is payable at the time of booking.
Changeover day is normally a Saturday, but flexible days may be possible - please contact for availability. Arrival time is not before 4pm and the property should be vacated by 10am on your day of departure unless by prior agreement.
Notes on prices:
Prices are in UK pounds. All prices inclusive of heating supplements. Extra days may be available at a daily rate of £45 (outwith July / Aug) - please enquire at time of booking.
25% deposit at time of booking. Full balance due eight weeks before start of rental period.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Dishes & Utensils
- Freezer ...
- Kitchen ...
- Oven ...
- Hob ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome ...
- pets not allowed
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- En-suite bathroom to bedroom 1 with bath, toilet and wash basin. En-suite toilet to bedroom 2 with toilet and wash basin. Separate shower room on ground floor with shower, toilet and wash basin.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Double Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Double Bed
- Bedroom 3 - 2 Single Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed, built-in wardrobe and dressing table. Bedroom 2 with double bed, wardrobe and drawer unit. Bedroom 3 with twin single beds, wardrobe and drawer units.
- Garden ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Access to bedroom 1 is by a dedicated staircase from the lounge. Access to Bedroom 2 is by a spiral open tread staircase leading to a gallery above the kitchen and onto the bedroom. Bedroom 3 is on the ground floor. Outside: Small enclosed courtyard with cast iron table, 2 seater bench and two chairs. Sun terrace with large table and six chairs. Portable BBQ. Utility Room: Washing machine and tumble dryer. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All towels and bedlinen included.