Detached Villa in Valentano, Nr Lake Bolsena, Lazio - Lake Bolsena, Lazio
The villa can be found just outside the medieval village of Valentano in the Alto Lazio region. This borders both Umbria and Tuscany. It consists of 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, open plan kitchen, dining and sofa/TV area and conservatory. There is also an outside dining area with BBQ and the private swimming pool. The region is rich in old Etruscan and Roman places of interest. Capodimonte on the Lake of Bolsena is a 10 mins drive. Here you can sunbathe on the volcanic shore or on the grassed lawn. The Mediterranean coast is only a 30 min drive. Many picturesque villages surround the area including Ovieto, Pitigliano, Capalbio, Sorano & Tuscania. Aqua Felix is a large water park giving hours of fun. Take a trip to Rome, only 1 hour 35 mins by train. Horse riding is available in the village. For golf enthusiasts there is a newly built course in Viterbo, 30 mins away. Take a wine tasting trip into Tuscany or just relax in the famous thermal springs at Saturnia or Viterbo.
About the Owner
2 based on 1 holidaymaker reviews
Villa in italy
The villa was firstly difficult to find along a terrible farmers track but once found it looked promising.
The villa itself was dark and full of the owners clutter, holiday memerobilia and general dust collecting detritis.
Having arranged to meet us the owner he seamed reluctant to come and greet us and did nothing to show us around. He did not guide us around the pitfalls of the property which would have saved us a lot of hassel during our stay.
He seamed not to speak any English. We never had any hot water when we wanted it and were left without electricity on one full night and on a few other occasions.
Yes the village was lovely and the lake was a great attraction. The pool was ok small but ok. Cold On occasion.
The villa is not detached .. and someone? The owner? Lives in the other half of the site. They were not friendly,, reluctant to sort out our issues and appeared to want nothing to do with us.
They did appear with much needed fans as there is no air conditioning but the electricity supply could not deal with the fans dishwasher and hot water running at once.. The worst issue was no hot water which was eventually resolved with a key and a reset button !? !!
Weather was fab great location nice barbecue great restaurant in the village.,
You could not stay here without a car.
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Tour the island on a private sail boat with experienced sailor who has an extensive knowledge of the lake and its 2 islands.
Prices to be arranged at time of booking.
The Mediterranean coast with golden sandy beaches is just a short drive (30 mins) and offers all beachside facilites both private or public.
Leonardo Da Vinci, Fiumicino airport is 1 hour 15 mins drive.
Campino airport is 1 hour 45 mins drive.
The village of Valentano is only a couple of mins drive. Here you can find a range of shops from clothing, ornaments, jewellery plus local fruit and veg. There is a supermarket and 2 banks. Also many pastry and cake shops so lots of opportunities to stop and take a coffee.
There are many other supermarkets and large stores in the surrounding villages. Huge variety of restaurants to chose from offering great local produce.
- Booking Notes:
30% deposit secures a booking and this can be paid into a UK bank a/c. The balance is to be paid 1 month before arrival. Paypal and creditcards also welcome.
Changeover day is Saturday however this can be flexible subject to availability at time of booking.
Arrival time after 1pm and departure before 10am.
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- En suite to bedroom 1 which has a shower/sauna. 2nd bathroom with bath and shower over.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with large double bed and en suite shower/sauna. Bedroom 2 with large double bed. Bedroom 3 with twin beds. All fully furnished.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: Rooms fan can be provided on request. Outside: The gardens are beautifully maintained and mature. There is a hammock and a swing. Outside dining and BBQ set on the patio next to the swimming pool. The garden furniture is all wooden and of a good standard. There are outside lights throughout the garden and also in the swimming pool. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All linens and towels are provided. Cleaning is done on a weekly basis usually Saturday. Other: There is a washing machine which is in the outside laundry room.