Bastide in Claviers, Nr Bargemon, Provence - Peaceful South Facing Location, Situated 5 Mins From The Village
Stunning property with stunning uninterrupted views. Le mas de l'Amandier is an 18th century stone Provencal bastide situated above the medieval hilltop village of Claviers. Set in 8 acres of ancient olive groves and woodland. The large swimming pool (12m x 3.5m) is set amidst the terraced olive groves with amazing views. There is a large shaded terrace with a murier/platane tree and a large table for outdoor dining. There is a guardian on site who looks after the pool and grounds.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
We all loved your beautiful house and felt at home immediately. Mrs L.
We had a wonderful stay, it is a fantastic old house in an enviable location. Mr E.
Your house is charming. Mr & Mrs V.
Thank you very much for letting us stay in your beautiful house - we will retain very happy memories of it. Mrs E.
Thank you so much for allowing us to stay at your beautiful house, we all had a great time and the weather was outstanding. Mrs Mc.
4.9 based on 7 holidaymaker reviews
A wonderful, characterful house - not swanky but very comfortable and tastefully furnished. Lovely owners, great pool, private but not too remote, undisturbed views across the valley. Can't imagine what more you'd want.
Idyllic, set in the hills of Provence
This converted manor house is perfect for an escape away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Within a matter of minutes I felt that this place did what most 2 hour long beauty treatments ought to do. Rather than being a short lived moment I could spend hours and days and if I had them, weeks, in this beautiful villa. Whilst keeping with traditional features of French villas in the region it still had the necessary features of a comfortable stay with a modern bathroom and fully equipped kitchen. The pool is set amongst acres upon acres of Olive Tree land. The smells and bright colours of the fresh fruit and flowers being grown on the land is a rarity warmly received. It won't take you long to realise that this villa was built with love and is still well taken care of and as a guest I couldn't have felt more at home. I would thoroughly recommend this villa for a romantic retreat or a family holiday, it quite easily caters for both. If you stay for a longer time then you can hire a car and take the easy drive down to the coast for Antibes or Nice and purchase some of the fresh meats and fish for the bbq back at the villa. Perfect. You can see why the artists still live here.
Fantastic Swimming pool!
What a delightful property with all you can want from a property in the South of France. It is such a lovely spot situated in a secluded part of Provence with uninterrupted views looking across the valleys. We spent most of our time by the pool with book and pastis in hand :) The property itself is characterful and a nice cool temperature inside. Rooms are well decorated. Highly recommend this property. Great for either exploring the local region or just lazing around the pool and outdoor dining. Will definitely be back.
Wonderfully relaxing as ever, beautiful place, lovely owners.
Le Mas de l'Amandier
This is a lovely period property, set in a quite location, with excellent views of the provence countryside. The property is kept to a high standard and offers excellent accommodation for up to 6 people. The property has a good sized pool and is surrounded by large terraced olive groves with plently of secluded spots to sunbathe. It is well situated for visting the both the Cote D'Azur and the numerous villages of provence.
Activity and Interests
The beaches at St Raphael and St Tropez are about an hour away.
A car is essential for a stay at Le mas de l'Amandier.
Nice: 75 mins.
Marseille: 90 mins.
Toulon: 75 mins.
By car: via Channel ports to Aix en Provence and A8 to Le Muy. Approx 730 miles from Calais.
Nearest railway station: Les Arcs (15 miles).
The Bastide is secluded yet easily accessible, 1 hour 15 mins from Nice airport, with Bargemon 5 mins, Fayence/Seillans 15 mins. Lac de St Cassien, the Gorge du Verdon (the French Grand Canyon) and the Coast are all within easy driving.
Claviers offers a grocer, newsagent, post office, restaurants, bars, doctors surgery, weekly Saturday market, safe children's play area in centre of village.
In July/August an abundance of local festivities (concerts, outdoor theatre, exhibitions, festival of baroque music etc).
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
3 Sep 2016 - 28 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Please phone Chantal & Olaf Silins or email for further information and to make a booking. We will ask you for a 30% non-refundable deposit at the time of booking. The remainder of the non-refundable rent is due 2 months before arrival. A £300 refundable security deposit is payable with the balance of payment.
We are flexible on arrival and departure times and dates apart from the High season when Saturday is the normal changeover day. The Bastide must be vacated by 10am that day for cleaning. Arrival between 5 & 7. You will be met on arrival at the property.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK Pounds.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- En-suite bathroom to bedroom 2 with bath, separate shower unit, bidet and wc. Natural stone floor and tiling. Second bathroom with shower unit, bidet, wc. Modern tiling.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, 1 Single Bed, 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Double Bed, 1 Sofa bed/Futon
- Bedroom 3 - 2 Single Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6/8 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1: double bed and single bed with wood burning stove and French doors overlooking olive groves. Bedroom 2: double bed + single + cot with en-suite bathroom. Bedroom 3: 2 single beds
- Golf ...
- Garden ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Outside: Private driveway and parking. Breathtaking views over ancient terraced olive groves and woodlands towards southerly mountain ranges. The private large modern pool 12m x 3.5m surrounded with Bourgogne tiles has Roman steps for easy access. The pool is provided with an alarm (in line with Government legislation). Comfortable loungers with umbrellas ensure total relaxation by the pool. The gardens offer several romantic spots. Badminton court with racquets. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Prices are inclusive of cleaning, bed linen and towels and pool maintenance including pool towels. Other: Large alfresco dining area under a pergola with shaded mulberry tree offering dining for 10-12. Stunning uninterrupted southerly view with olive groves. Please note for the convenience of all our guests this is a no smoking house. No pets allowed.