Manor and Cottage in Le Quillio, Brittany, Cotes d'Armor - Peaceful Location Yet Excellent Region For Beaches, Water Sports, Historical Sites And More
Manoir de Bolu consists of 'Le Manoir' and 'La Grange', which are situated on the edge of a quaint listed French village and are accessed by their own private lane. The properties are not overlooked and front onto a secure 30 m x 30 m fully enclosed, private, safe and secure courtyard. Each property has its own individual private garden and BBQ area and there are large, landscaped grounds surrounding the properties which include lawned play areas. This Charming Manor House and barn conversion have ample entertainment for the whole family, there’s certainly enough to keep everyone entertained, regardless of their age. Along with the large heated swimming pool, the garden’s got a playground of its own, with a living willow wigwam, slides, swings and toddlers play equipment to keep the little ones active and occupied. Whilst in season pick fruit from trees in the orchard or snack on raspberries from the soft fruit patch. Check out the all-weather undercover play barn, with ping-pong, pool and table football – to name just a few features. This is a safe, idyllic surrounding for children to play in. Children off to bed, parents can sit back, relax, and embrace the charm of the countryside whilst enjoying a glass of fine French wine under the stars in one of the alfresco dining spaces. The surrounding 5 acres of gardens are in bloom with pretty wildflowers, blousy hydrangeas and colourful camellias.The guests have exclusive use of a large 10 m x 5 m heated swimming pool (properly heated with a powerful heat pump which keeps it comfortably warm). For more details and information please take a look at our website: www.manoirdebolu.co.uk there is a link to this on the facilities tab above.
The accommodation is suitable for families with babies and toddlers through to teenagers or groups of friends looking for something a little bit special. The Manoir and Grange are furnished with comfort and elegance in mind, a mixture of local antique and bueatiful French furniture, making stylish and supremely comfortable accommodation in which to relax and unwind. They have bespoke well appointed kitchens, are decorated throughout with a traditional French feel, and whilst every modern convenience is on offer with everything you would expect to find in your own home including Wi-Fi and UK Satellite TV (freeview), they boast many original features such as exposed beams, stripped floorboards, authentically tiled floors and original open fire places with log burning stoves. They offer a unique blend of peace and tranquility which is ideal for total relaxation and recuperation. A rural retreat from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Both have their own private separate garden areas.
We are listed as a building of historical interest in relation of the ‘Route du lin’ during the 17th Century.
Take a look at some of our Trip Advisor Reviews here:
(copy and paste into your browser)
please see local details of our property on the Le Quillio website.
- The accommodation sleeps 10 in the Manoir and 6 in the Grange ( a total of 16 & cot(s)) and can be booked either individually or together.
- Each room has been uniquely and individually designed. The bedrooms are adorned with glass crystal chandeliers, decorated with pretty classic vintage wallpapers and furnished with comfortable French beds to flop into. The large bespoke French farmhouse kitchen has chunky solid oak worktops, hand painted wooden units and rustic tiled terracotta floors. The interior design and style of 'Le Manoir' creates a calm and soothing ambience.
- 3 doubles (1 en-suite ), 1 twin-bedded, 1 either twin or double.
- 3 bathrooms. 1 on the ground floor with double shower, wc and basin, 1 on the first floor with roll-top slipper bath, shower wc and basin and 1 en-suite on the second floor with double shower, wc and basin.
- The kitchen units are solid wood with solid oak worktops. Fully equipped kitchen with a range of good quality crockery, pans and utensils, leisure dual fuel range cooker, washing machine, dishwasher, American fridge freezer, blender/combination coffee maker (makes filter, espresso, cappuccino and lattes),
- South- facing dining room with a carved French dining table seating up to 10 people, French Rococo style armchair, patio doors leading out to the south facing courtyard, and private alfresco dining area with quality patio furniture charcole BBQ, private garden area.
- Private toddler/child play equipment located next to the patio area.
- Cosy and spacious lounge with a range of large leather chesterfield style sofas/armchair, wood burning stove set into the original fireplace, TV with satellite ( Freeview) and a DVD player. There are also a good selection of novels, board games and DVDs.
- Each room has been uniquely and individually designed. The bedrooms are adorned with glass crystal chandeliers, decorated with pretty classic vintage wallpapers and furnished with comfortable French beds to flop into. The large bespoke French farmhouse kitchen has solid granite and oak worktops, hand painted wooden units and provincial grey tiled floors. The interior design and style of 'La Grange' creates a calm and soothing ambience.
- 3 bedrooms (sleeps 6), - 2 doubles (1 en-suite ), 1 twin-bedded, renovated and refurbished to a high specification, with copper Bateau bath, en suite, double showers, quality bespoke tulip wood kitchen/diner with granite and oak worktops, Smeg retro style fridge, washing machine, dishwasher, large range style cooker, quality crockery, cutlery pots and pans etc.
- 3 bathrooms. 1 on the ground floor with wc and basin, 1 on the first floor with copper bath, double shower, wc and basin and 1 en-suite with double shower, wc and basin.
- Solid oak flooring, handmade oak doors and provincial grey tiles throughout.
- Quality furnishings and fittings including beautiful French style original and reproduction furniture and all the special interior design features etc.
- Fabulously decorated and comfortably furnished bedrooms, with beautiful French style furniture.
- Comfy leather style seating around the wood burning stove in the lounge with original features, exposed beams, arched windows throughout. TV with satellite ( Freeview) and a DVD player. There are also a good selection of novels, board games and DVDs.
- Large private decking area with beautiful country views and private gardens leading off from the patio doors in the kitchen/diner for BBQ's, al fresco dining, sunbathing and relaxing.
- Private toddler/child play equipment located next to the patio area.
Large private secure garden area.
- Large outdoor undercover play barn with table tennis, pool/snooker, table football, darts, swingball, mountain bikes (2 with child seats), pushalong toys (pram, buggy, children's sit on push alongs etc.)
- Children's toys (indoor and outdoor).
- Linen & Towels.
- Welcome Pack
We do provide as standard toilet rolls, dishwasher tablets, bin bags, washing up liquid, cloths, coffee, sugar, Tea bags, condiments, herbs, croissants/pan au chocolate, biscuits, orange juice, cheese, fresh milk, wine, (just enough really for your first continental breakfast) + charcoal for the BBQ.
Bathrobes and slippers, good quality bed linen, duvets, pillows, mattress & pillow protectors, towels, bath mats. We have paid particular attention to the quality of the beds and other furnishings for a comfortable stay. Good quality sprung mattresses (some with memory foam toppers) on the beds and spring back pillows ensure maximum comfort & support to enable a good night's rest.
- Comprehensive range of baby toddler equipment provided (please see list detailed on our website).
- Unlimited Internet Access:
- Wi-Fi internet access is available for guests who bring suitable tablets/laptops/mobile devices.
Details for holiday chateau / country house Le Manoir & La Grange sleeps 16 (+ cots), 8 Bedrooms, Sleeps 16, 5 Bathrooms, 1 Separate WC
The properties can be booked either individually or together and are ideal for families, family get-togethers, holidaying with a group of friends in either shared accommodation or using both properties.
They are extremely well appointed and extensively equipped, ideal for all age ranges from tots to teens, mums, dads, grandparents, family and friends too. They have a vast array of baby, toddler equipment to enable parents with babies or toddlers to virtually jump in the car and go, and many on site facilities for the enjoyment of everybody (please see a detailed list of equipment and facilities on our
Both properties have their own private separate garden and outside eating areas, they are not attached and you will not be overlooked in either of the private garden areas or properties.
If both properties are booked together there is a large patio area with tables and seating for up to 16 people in the grounds of the Manoir overlooking the wildflower meadow.
About the Owner
In our previous lives we both worked for the armed forces and are a little too modest for self-promotion.
We value our guest’s judgement on our approach and what we have to offer our guests here, why not check out what some of our previous happy holiday makers have to say about us and our accommodation on TripAdvisor.
We are more than happy for you to contact any of our previous guests if further assurances about our credibility is required.
Find more information on our website: www.manoirdebolu.co.uk, a link to our website is also on the facilities page.
We are helpful and discrete onsite owners; we value and respect our guest’s privacy however we are always there for any help, advice or information required.
Each property has its own private outside eating area, including ours, and you are not overlooked in these private areas by any of the other properties.
We have also been verified on Google maps, take a look on Google maps, www.google.fr, and search for Manoir de Bolu.
We also have a verified Facebook page; check it out on Facebook, Manoir de Bolu.
After extensive renovations, we have been renting our accommodation to holidaymakers since 2009, we are continuously improving, updating and maintaining the accommodation and facilities to ensure that everything remains in tip top condition.
We prefer a more direct approach when dealing with our guests to ensure that the properties meet your expectations, are set up as requested to meet your requirements and are ready for you to relax in as soon as you arrive here for your holiday at Manoir de Bolu.
Booking direct with us means there are no additional and unnecessary service fees to pay, the price you pay is purely for the accommodation provided which include welcome hamper, use of bikes and all on site facilities, gas, electric, heating costs, luxury linen, bathrobes and slippers too!. There are no hidden fees, commission fees or additional charges
Activity and Interests
They are ideally located to access the wonderful coastlines to the north and south of Brittany with some of the best beaches such as Pléneuf-Val-André and Erquy under an hour away. Perros- Guirec, Tregastel and Ploumanach on the pink granite coast are between 1¼ - 1½ hours away. The largest lake in Brittany, Lac de Guerlédan is close by and offers all types of water sports including sailing, water skiing, pedalos, swimming, fishing, boat trips etc as well as sandy beaches and restaurants.
Approx journey times from the main ferry ports and airports by car to Manoir de Bolu are: Dinard airport 70 mins. Rennes airport 80 mins. Brest airport 2 hours, St Malo 75 mins. Cherbourg 3 hours 10 mins. Caen 2 hours 35 mins. Le Havre 3 hours 30 mins. Dieppe 4 hours 30 mins. Calais 6 hours 30 mins. Boulogne 5 hours 30 mins. Roscoff 85 mins.
They are ideally placed for holidays in Brittany offering easy access to both north and south coasts. They are located a 10 minute drive away from the nearest town of Mur-de-Bretagne which has all the necessary amenities including banks, supermarkets, restaurants and shops and about 15-20 mins drive from the medieval tourist towns of Pontivy and Loudeac.
Seasonal Discount - Multiple Week Discount 5% Discount is offered on stays of more than one week during September 2016 please check our website for remaining availability.
We strongly suggest that you view our website for more detailed information on the facilities tab (about half way down the page).
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
Mid with pool
27 May 2017 - 14 Jul 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Peak with pool
15 Jul 2017 - 1 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
30 Sep 2017 - 22 Dec 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Multiple Week Discount 5% off 2 weeks or more during September 2015.
A deposit of 25% of the rental value is payable at the time of making a firm booking.
Balance is payable eight weeks prior to the start date of your holiday.
Bookings made within 8 weeks of the rental period full payment is required.
We would strongly recommend that guests take out a comprehensive travel insurance policy covering cancellation, personal belongings, health and public liability.
Changeover day is Saturday, although this is flexible in low season. Arrival after 4pm, departure by 10am.
Notes on prices:
We can offer you a 20 % discount for Brittany Ferries (details to be provided along with the booking information).
Please only use availability of Le Manoir and La Grange if wanting to reserve both properties together for the same dates.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- chateau / country house
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Table Football
- Game Room
- Ping Pong Table
- Pool Table
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Outdoor Pool
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- autumn foliage
- bird watching
- horse riding
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- freshwater fishing
- mountain biking
- water skiing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- 8 Bedrooms, Sleeps 16
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Bedroom 7
- Bedroom 8
- Golf ...
- 1 bicycles
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Both properties are heated with radiators plus log burning stoves. Wi-Fi internet connection, English Freeview TV, and DVD players. A good selection of DVD's, books, indoor board games, children’s toys (indoor and out), books and bicycles are available. All beds have good quality sprung mattresses some with toppers. Luxurious bed linen, duvets, spring back pillows and mattresses. Towels, robes and complimentary slippers are provided. Particular attention has been paid to the quality of the beds and other furnishings for a comfortable and luxurious stay. Both properties offer a unique blend of peace and tranquillity, ideal for total relaxation and recuperation. A rural retreat from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Welcome pack. Take a look at some of our reviews on Trip advisor, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/VacationRentalReview-g1499373-d2118986-Manoir_de_Bolu-Le_Quillio_Cotes_d_Armor_Brittany.html Outside: 5 acres of extensive private grounds surround the properties with large areas of lawn ideal for families to picnic in or play sports. A variety of sporting equipment is available for the more active including several bicycles (tandem, trike and mountain bikes) ideal to explore the local area. There is a large children’s play area with trampoline, swings, slides, climbing frame, living willow wigwam, football nets, and toddler’s toys. One of the courtyard barns also has table tennis and snooker table. The heated pool is open from May to September The temperature is comfortable averaging 27°C and heated via. a powerful heat pump. It measures 10 x 5m, has Roman steps for easy access and has a depth of 1.5 m. It is securely fenced to comply with the French safety laws, surrounded with a large patio area complete with sun loungers. South facing courtyard providing, secure parking space within grounds. Separate private garden, outside seating areas and toddler play equipment.