|Property type||chateau / country house|
|Minimum Stay||7 nights|
The Manoir recently renovated to a high standard has 5 bedrooms each individually and elegantly designed all with comfort in mind, quality mattresses and linen, arranged as 3 doubles and two twin bedded rooms (one located on ground floor).
Quality furnishings and fittings including beautiful French style furniture and all the special interior design features etc. There are 3 bathrooms, 1 on the ground floor with double shower, wc and basin, 1 on the first floor with roll top bath, shower wc and basin and 1 en-suite on the second floor with double shower, wc and basin.
Bespoke kitchen, fully equipped, range cooker, American fridge/freezer, microwave, dishwasher, combination coffee maker, quality crockery and utensils, washing machine.
Comfortable and tranquil living room with three comfy leather chesterfield style settees, matching easy chair, and a delightful wood burning stove set into the original fireplace.
Outside seating and BBQ area overlooking wildflower meadow
Manoir de Bolu consists of 'Le Manoir' and 'La Grange', which are situated on the edge of a quaint listed French village and are accessed by their own private lane. Our Brittany holiday rental cottages are not overlooked and front onto a secure 30 m x 30 m fully enclosed, private, safe and secure courtyard. Each property has its own individual private garden and BBQ area and there are large, landscaped grounds surrounding the properties which include lawned play areas. This Charming Manor House and barn conversion have ample entertainment for the whole family, there’s certainly enough to keep everyone entertained, regardless of their age. Along with the large heated swimming pool, the garden’s got a playground of its own, with a living willow wigwam, slides, swings and toddlers play equipment to keep the little ones active and occupied. Whilst in season pick fruit from trees in the orchard or snack on raspberries from the soft fruit patch. Check out the all-weather undercover play barn, with ping-pong, pool and table football – to name just a few features. This is a safe, idyllic surrounding for children to play in. Children off to bed, parents can sit back, relax, and embrace the charm of the countryside whilst enjoying a glass of fine French wine under the stars in one of the alfresco dining spaces. The surrounding 5 acres of gardens are in bloom with pretty wildflowers, blousy hydrangeas and colourful camellias.The guests have exclusive use of a large 10 m x 5 m heated swimming pool (properly heated with a powerful heat pump which keeps it comfortably warm). For more details and information please take a look at our website: www.manoirdebolu.co.uk there is a link to this on the facilities tab above.
The accommodation is suitable for families with babies and toddlers through to teenagers or groups of friends looking for something a little bit special. The Manoir and Grange are furnished with comfort and elegance in mind, a mixture of local antique and bueatiful French furniture, making stylish and supremely comfortable accommodation in which to relax and unwind. They have bespoke well appointed kitchens, are decorated throughout with a traditional French feel, and whilst every modern convenience is on offer with everything you would expect to find in your own home including Wi-Fi and UK Satellite TV (freeview), they boast many original features such as exposed beams, stripped floorboards, authentically tiled floors and original open fire places with log burning stoves. They offer a unique blend of peace and tranquility which is ideal for total relaxation and recuperation. A rural retreat from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Both have their own private separate garden areas.
We are listed as a building of historical interest in relation of the ‘Route du lin’ during the 17th Century.
Take a look at some of our Trip Advisor Reviews here:
(copy and paste into your browser)
please see local details of our property on the Le Quillio website.
- The accommodation sleeps 10 in the Manoir and 6 in the Grange ( a total of 16 & cot(s)) and can be booked either individually or together.
- Each room has been uniquely and individually designed. The bedrooms are adorned with glass crystal chandeliers, decorated with pretty classic vintage wallpapers and furnished with comfortable French beds to flop into. The large bespoke French farmhouse kitchen has chunky solid oak worktops, hand painted wooden units and rustic tiled terracotta floors. The interior design and style of 'Le Manoir' creates a calm and soothing ambience.
- 3 doubles (1 en-suite ), 1 twin-bedded, 1 either twin or double.
- 3 bathrooms. 1 on the ground floor with double shower, wc and basin, 1 on the first floor with roll-top slipper bath, shower wc and basin and 1 en-suite on the second floor with double shower, wc and basin.
- The kitchen units are solid wood with solid oak worktops. Fully equipped kitchen with a range of good quality crockery, pans and utensils, leisure dual fuel range cooker, washing machine, dishwasher, American fridge freezer, blender/combination coffee maker (makes filter, espresso, cappuccino and lattes),
- South- facing dining room with a carved French dining table seating up to 10 people, French Rococo style armchair, patio doors leading out to the south facing courtyard, and private alfresco dining area with quality patio furniture charcole BBQ, private garden area.
- Private toddler/child play equipment located next to the patio area.
- Cosy and spacious lounge with a range of large leather chesterfield style sofas/armchair, wood burning stove set into the original fireplace, TV with satellite ( Freeview) and a DVD player. There are also a good selection of novels, board games and DVDs.
- Each room has been uniquely and individually designed. The bedrooms are adorned with glass crystal chandeliers, decorated with pretty classic vintage wallpapers and furnished with comfortable French beds to flop into. The large bespoke French farmhouse kitchen has solid granite and oak worktops, hand painted wooden units and provincial grey tiled floors. The interior design and style of 'La Grange' creates a calm and soothing ambience.
- 3 bedrooms (sleeps 6), - 2 doubles (1 en-suite ), 1 twin-bedded, renovated and refurbished to a high specification, with copper Bateau bath, en suite, double showers, quality bespoke tulip wood kitchen/diner with granite and oak worktops, Smeg retro style fridge, washing machine, dishwasher, large range style cooker, quality crockery, cutlery pots and pans etc.
- 3 bathrooms. 1 on the ground floor with wc and basin, 1 on the first floor with copper bath, double shower, wc and basin and 1 en-suite with double shower, wc and basin.
- Solid oak flooring, handmade oak doors and provincial grey tiles throughout.
- Quality furnishings and fittings including beautiful French style original and reproduction furniture and all the special interior design features etc.
- Fabulously decorated and comfortably furnished bedrooms, with beautiful French style furniture.
- Comfy leather style seating around the wood burning stove in the lounge with original features, exposed beams, arched windows throughout. TV with satellite ( Freeview) and a DVD player. There are also a good selection of novels, board games and DVDs.
- Large private decking area with beautiful country views and private gardens leading off from the patio doors in the kitchen/diner for BBQ's, al fresco dining, sunbathing and relaxing.
- Private toddler/child play equipment located next to the patio area.
Large private secure garden area.
- Large outdoor undercover play barn with table tennis, pool/snooker, table football, darts, swingball, mountain bikes (2 with child seats), pushalong toys (pram, buggy, children's sit on push alongs etc.)
- Children's toys (indoor and outdoor).
- Linen & Towels.
- Welcome Pack
We do provide as standard toilet rolls, dishwasher tablets, bin bags, washing up liquid, cloths, coffee, sugar, Tea bags, condiments, herbs, croissants/pan au chocolate, biscuits, orange juice, cheese, fresh milk, wine, (just enough really for your first continental breakfast) + charcoal for the BBQ.
Bathrobes and slippers, good quality bed linen, duvets, pillows, mattress & pillow protectors, towels, bath mats. We have paid particular attention to the quality of the beds and other furnishings for a comfortable stay. Good quality sprung mattresses (some with memory foam toppers) on the beds and spring back pillows ensure maximum comfort & support to enable a good night's rest.
- Comprehensive range of baby toddler equipment provided (please see list detailed on our website).
- Unlimited Internet Access:
- Wi-Fi internet access is available for guests who bring suitable tablets/laptops/mobile devices.
In our previous lives we both worked for the armed forces and are a little too modest for self-promotion.
We value our guest’s judgement on our approach and what we have to offer our guests here, why not check out what some of our previous happy holiday makers have to say about us and our accommodation on TripAdvisor.
We are more than happy for you to contact any of our previous guests if further assurances about our credibility is required.
Find more information on our website: www.manoirdebolu.co.uk, a link to our website is also on the facilities page.
We are helpful and discrete onsite owners; we value and respect our guest’s privacy however we are always there for any help, advice or information required.
Each property has its own private outside eating area, including ours, and you are not overlooked in these private areas by any of the other properties.
We have also been verified on Google maps, take a look on Google maps, www.google.fr, and search for Manoir de Bolu.
We also have a verified Facebook page; check it out on Facebook, Manoir de Bolu.
After extensive renovations, we have been renting our accommodation to holidaymakers since 2009, we are continuously improving, updating and maintaining the accommodation and facilities to ensure that everything remains in tip top condition.
We prefer a more direct approach when dealing with our guests to ensure that the properties meet your expectations, are set up as requested to meet your requirements and are ready for you to relax in as soon as you arrive here for your holiday at Manoir de Bolu.
Booking direct with us means there are no additional and unnecessary service fees to pay, the price you pay is purely for the accommodation provided which include welcome hamper, use of bikes and all on site facilities, gas, electric, heating costs, luxury linen, bathrobes and slippers too!. There are no hidden fees, commission fees or additional charges
Chris purchased this chateau / country house in 2006
“We came for a week’s relaxation in nice surroundings – what we got was a fab relaxed week in beautiful surroundings with all we needed in ‘Manoir de Bolu’. The pool is amazing we would definitely recommend here to anyone"
“ A really beautiful place, such a wonderful house. Would highly recommend and hope to return. They really have thought of every little detail and have made it home away from home"
'We had a wonderful time...great accommodation; wonderful pool; beautiful countryside and fortunately fantastic weather!!! Will definitely recommend to friends.'
'We thoroughly enjoyed our second stay at Manoir de Bolu. The Manoir was extremely comfortable and fully equipped even down to the baby toys which were fully appreciated by the youngest guest. We enjoyed a visit to the local Lac de Guerlédan with beach and the beautiful beach at Pléneuf Val André. look forward to seeing you again in the future.'
More reviews on: www.tripadvisor.co.uk (search for 'manoir de bolu')
A deposit of 25% of the rental value is payable at the time of making a firm booking.
Book and pay directly with us with the confidence that you will not be paying any additional service fees, we prefer to offer you a personal approach when dealing with your holiday booking experience and ensure that what we offer here at Manoir de Bolu meets your expectations. Check us out on Google, we have been verified by Google business, Trip Advisor etc. and have been dealing directly with our guests since 2009.
Balance is payable eight weeks prior to the start date of your holiday.
Bookings made within 8 weeks of the rental period full payment is required.
We would strongly recommend that guests take out a comprehensive travel insurance policy covering cancellation, personal belongings, health and public liability.
Changeover day is Saturday, although this is flexible in low season. Arrival after 4pm, departure by 10am.
Notes on prices:
We can offer you a 20 % discount for Brittany Ferries (details to be provided along with the booking information).
All prices are inclusive. They include welcome hamper, use of bikes and all on site facilities, gas, electric, heating costs, luxury linen, bathrobes and slippers too!. There are no hidden fees, commission fees or additional charges. The price you pay is as listed and also on our website www.manoirdebolu.co.uk.
Please only use availability of Le Manoir and La Grange if wanting to reserve both properties together for the same dates.
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website:
Our family includes five grandchildren: one five year old, three three year olds and a one year old. We have been taking an annual holiday as an extended family for many years and this has been, by far, the best one we have had. Everything you see on the website is as good as it seems or better when you actually experience it and I have to say that the attention to detail and care that is shown by the owners, Chris and Sue, is second to none.
Everything is immaculately clean and well kept, with the largest array of facilities for children that you could imagine. I can honestly say that we were never short of something to do with them, whether it was riding bikes and a range of other kiddie vehicles around the extensive, smooth, tarmac courtyard, picking fruit in the orchard, using the immaculate pool, playing table tennis or having a game of ball on the massive field.
We enjoyed using the excellent range of bikes provided and were able to access the amazing Rigole d'Hilvern cycling/walking route that runs through the attractive, quiet village of Le Quillio, along which our five year old grandson happily cycled nearly six miles only a couple of months after learning to ride a bike without stabilisers. We took his bike from home, which was a good move, as he was a bit too small for the bikes provided.
The attractive Brittany coast proved to be a relatively short drive away and Dinan was an interesting and attractive place to visit for the older members of the party.
We used the Portsmouth - Cherbourg fast ferry, which worked out really well for us, as we combined this with a hotel stay in Cherbourg on the way down and a hotel stay in Portsmouth on the way home.
To finish off this review I would just like to mention how welcoming and helpful Chris and Sue were. They have clearly mastered the art of being friendly and available whilst not imposing their presence on you, and they have immaculate standards for equipping, maintaining and cleaning their outstanding holiday accommodation.
We arrived after a long and frutstrating journey that took 18 hours and were greeted by Chris & Sue (the owners) together with a (very) welcome pack and were made to feel instantly at ease. The accomodation is superb and stands head and shoulders over any other accomodation we have used in France........and we have been going to France for 25 years now! The area is fantastic for a 2 week break with plenty to see and do within a short distance of Le Manoir. The pool and numerous activites provided kept the kids entertained for days (7,11 & 12 year olds) The bicycles were also a great hit for us all, especially with miles and miles and safe cycle routes away from the roads and deep into the countryside. Cycling for hours in the country is the best way to see France! The locals being friendly too and stopping to chat to you, even with my dodgy French I managed a conversation and road off smiling to myself. Equipment wise we had everything. Charcoal is even provided for the BBQ in the secluded garden to the rear and clean towels and bedding weekly. Spotless and with everything you would possibly need. Brilliant and thanks for a great break!
We are just returned from two lovely weeks at Le Manoir with our family (all adults) in July 2014. It lived up to all the hype and the photos on the website. The space, flowery gardens and pool are all great.The welcome package was terrific. Please don't worry to buy basics before you arrive! There are lots of markets locally including the prettiest location for a market that we have ever seen, which was at the Abbaye de Bon Repos on Sunday mornings. We did several day trips to the north, west, and south coasts of Brittany and ate some super meals with assorted fish and crustaceans being the real stars. Chris and Sue were only around if you needed them, and were very helpful when you did see them, and having other families in The Grange did not lessen the enjoyment at all as each house has its own gardens
Rented the 2 properties for a week for a family get together. There were 8 adults and 5 children (all under the age of 5.) We had a fantastic stay. The houses were beautifully renovated , extremely well equipped and spotlessly clean. Everything had been thought of and there was so much useful equipment and toys for the children.
The owners were very friendly and couldn't do enough to help
I would highly recommend these properties
Stayed for a week at the end of May and had an excellent relaxing holiday. The Manoir surpassed everyone's expectations, it's a beautiful location and the interior is fantastic. Everything has been thought through and provided making it especially good for children, with the chest of toys a big hit. The heated outdoor pool is a huge plus and was used daily. Chris and Sue as owners are incredibly accommodating and helped make the holiday even more enjoyable for everyone!