Villa in Dogankoy, Nr. Kyrenia, Cyprus
'Lemon Tree Villa' is situated in a tranquil cul-de-sac on the outskirts of the village of Dogankoy, 5 mins from the picturesque port of Kyrenia. The villa sleeps 6, but accommodation can be arranged for larger parties in similar, adjacent villas. . Each bedroom has its own balcony from which you can enjoy the stunning mountain views and there are external terraces both in the sun and shade.Handily placed for Ercan airport, the recently developed Kyrenium Golf Club and the divided city of Nicosia (all approx. 30 minutes drive) it is also a mere 10 minute drive to Bellapais and its impressive abbey. Unspoilt Northern Cyprus has a wealth of historical interest as well as excellent bars retaurants and beaches. Supermarkets are plentiful for those who enjoy self catering.
About the Owner
Our first visit to Northern Cyprus was in 2001 .We were immediately enchanted by its charms to the extent that by day eight of our holiday we were property hunting !It seemed to us that here was the legendary land of milk and honey, excellent beaches ,sunshine galore,clear blue skies,dramatic mountains and a wide choice of historical sites to visit.The low crime rate and smiling friendly locals were just additional bonuses.
We live in England on the fringe of the Peak National Park ,so we would not settle for anything less than beautiful surroundings for our holiday home .
We spend about twenty weeks a year in North Cyprus and are always thrilled to return after a few weeks in the UK.
Guestbook comments from the owner
'We had a lovely two weeks in your villa .We found the location ideal for us as it was within walking distance of Kyrenia and many lovely restaurants. We also loved the pool as it suited all the ages of our family (20months to 65 years!!)' N & L of Surrey. September 09.
'We had a wonderful holiday in your beautiful villa. There was nothing more we could have asked for. The availability of all towels was very welcome, especially as it saved on weight. Paula and Tom (our Property Managers) are such lovely people and very helpful. We fell in love with TRNC and had a fantastic relaxing holiday which was much needed!! We would love to come back again and would not hesitate to recommend your villa to friends and family.' From M.H .Kent, August 09.
'We have a strict policy of not holidaying in the same place two years running. However we enjoyed our holiday so much that we are sorely tempted to make an exception and break our own rule! Need I say more?' L.P London July 09.
1 holidaymaker review
very dated property
initially thought it was a clean and modern property until a few days into the holiday when the cracks started to appear,the water cooler which was left to drink from had green fungus inside the bottle and bits would come out into your cup,the garden furniture was falling apart ,the grout in the pool is falling off and settleing on the bottom,the pool was supposed to be cleaned twice a week while staying there,it wasn't,and with that my wife got an ear infection which ended up with a perforated ear drum,showers where very dated and the toilet system kept on running there are too many things to add,but to sum up this property needs to be gutted and up dated as its not worth the rent they are asking
From the Owner
“Although Dogankoy is a mere twenty minutes walk from the centre of Kyrenia it still retains a village atmosphere ,far removed from the bustle of the larger town. We have our own village shop just a minute's walk away and restaurants and two large supermarkets can be reached on foot within ten minutes. So if you want nothing more than to laze in seclusion by the private pool and enjoy a barbeque or nearby restaurant meal in the evening ,car hire would be unnecessary .However for guests who prefer more activity such as visits to Crusader castles, the fascinating cities of Nicosia and Famagusta, walks in the Karpas mountains or an exploration of the various beaches, car hire is recommended.”
Activity and Interests
Local beaches are 15 minutes drive away.
Ercan airport is 45 mins drive. Currently, flights from the UK to Ercan have to touch down in Turkey first. Alternatively, it is possible to fly directly to Larnaca in southern Cyprus, which is 1½ hour's drive away. Contact the owners for further information.
Nicosia is a 20km journey and Famagusta is 60km. Kyrenia is only 2km away and is easily walkable if you don't want to hire a car. The nearest supermarket is a 10 mins walk away.
We can give you contact details for car hire and airport transfers.
Included at no extra cost are: electricity, water, gas, bed linen, hand and bath towels, pool/beach towels. Change of linen and towels at the end of the first week (for 2 week lets).
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Nov 2016 - 31 Dec 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
|Notes: Rates are based on 4 guests; add £7 per night, per additional guest|
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Prices quoted are for weekly rentals and are in UK Pounds.
A deposit of 20% is required to secure a firm booking; the balance is due 8 weeks prior to the commencement of the booking.
Changeover day is flexible to allow for a variety of incoming flight days.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK pounds for parties of up to four people. Add £50 for parties of five or six. For bookings of more than two weeks' duration please ask the owners for pricing information.
20% deposit to secure booking;balance due 8 weeks prior to start of holiday
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Letting out has meant that we have been able to reinvest the income to improve the property. This has enabled us to extend the driveway, install air-conditioning, increase the attractiveness of the swimming pool area and stock the gardens with interesting and unusual plants. Our property managers live close at hand and are available to give guests the benefit of their vast local knowledge, as and when required .This is, in fact, a very welcome insurance policy especially for those visiting the country for the first time. Finally remember that North Cyprus is outside the Euro Zone, so your holiday pounds go a lot further.”
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only ...
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Both upstairs bathrooms have toilets, showers, wash hand basins and mirrors. The family bathroom also has a bath. At ground level is a washroom with shower, toilet, wash hand basin and family-sized washing machine.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: 3 bedrooms, all with air con, fitted wardrobes, bedside tables, reading lamps and balconies with breathtaking mountain views. Master bedroom is en-suite. The second bedroom has double bed and shares a bathroom with 3rd twin-bedded room.
- Balcony ...
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Garden ...
- Notes on accommodation: A welcome pack is provided for your arrival. Outside: From the Mediterranean-style kitchen a door takes you to a terrace then on to a very large paved area, the centrepiece of which is the private swimming pool. The pool measures 8m x 4m and graduates from 1m to 2m in depth, so is suitable for a variety of ages and swimming capabilities. It has powerful underwater lights which add enchantment to the whole garden area at nighttime. The walled garden, laid out with an interesting selection of plants, increases the element of privacy. Adjacent to the pool is an attractive pergola. This allows you to eat and sit outside in the shade, in comfort, especially during the hotter weather! This area features a table and chairs, lighting and power supply. The garden is equipped with sunloungers, garden furniture and a pool shower. There are 2 terraces, both on the north facing side of the villa. These remain in the shade throughout the day. On the downstairs terrace is a bamboo settee, table and chairs. Upstairs is a small terrace facing west. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All towels and linen are provided, including pool towels. The linen and general towels are changed once during a two week stay.