Townhouse in Calahonda, Costa del Sol, Spain - Only 5 Minutes to all Amenities
Two bedroom, two bathroom townhouse on two levels with sun terraces adjacent each bedroom. Just 5 minutes from the N340 and 5 minutes to all amenities. There is a shared pool, communal gardens and a tennis court. Fully fitted and equipped kitchen. Free wi-fi!. Laptop available. Satellite TV/DVD, all home from home comforts. Supermarkets, bars and restaurants at end of the road, car hire not essential. Quiet complex yet only 15 mins to Fuenguerola or 20 mins to Marbella/Puerto Banus. Air Con/Heating to all rooms. 6 seater dining table with patio table and chairs on terrace for al fresco dining. Equipped with DVDs/CDs, games, tennis racquets, inflatables etc. Mothercare travel cot (up to 24 mths) and safety gate for babies/toddlers. NB Cot bedding not provided.
Top Traveller Review
Good location, well equipped and comfortable
About the Owner
We bought the property after owning an apartment high up in the hills of Calahonda which was fabulous but just impractical for us as we are getting older and creakier!
We fell in love with this one and its location and fantastic setting and jumped at it since very few properties here come onto the market. We made the expensive move - without selling the other one first so I think that shows what we thinks of this town house! Anyway after a costly 12 months we sold the first property and were then able to put some money to this and had the main bathroom totally refurbished last summer and are planning to do the same to the downstairs shower room in the coming year.
We love chilling out in Calahonda, only problem is we don't have chance to use it more often!
Guestbook comments from the owner
I've reluctantly returned your keys (was considering becoming a sitting tenant!). It was a brilliant holiday and so quiet. We didnt get to see as many places as hoped as it was lovely to just sit on the patio, enjoy the sun and watch the birds.Mrs Q.Jan 2013.
We are now home from a lovely holiday in Calahonda. We were so lucky with the weather. It was warm and sunny every day. Your house was very comfortable with every mod cons and convenient to shops, eating places and the main roads. It was also very quiet on the complex. We enjoyed sitting on the top balcony reading and just relaxing. Mr A -Jan 2011
Your home was perfect, everything we could have wanted, lots of space and nice and private too. We had a great holiday, had lots of great meals, esp. Bogarts and La Mandragora, and for entertainment, Ridgways over by Dona Lola and Hardys Bar at the top of the strip were great nights out.
The M family July 2013
Just a note to say we are having a fabulous time in your home. Thank yo
2 holidaymaker reviews
Good location, well equipped and comfortable
I have just returned after a 4 day holiday in Calahonda with our two boys. The villa was just as advertised and really well located for the local shops, restaurants, beaches and, most importantly for us, the local tennis club. All in all we had a really lovely time and would definitely return.
can't honestly say what we were expecting, but the house is lovely, in a nice residential area, very clean and all the amenities you will need for self catering (cooker,microwave,toaster,washer,fridge/freezer) and a choice of 3 supermarkets to choose from within a 10 minute -at the most- walking distance, we were warned that if using public transport that there would be a bit of a hill up to the road the house is located in, however we found it no problem (we are in our early 60's),the grounds around the house are so lovely, with a decent size swimming pool, it was so nice to sit out on the lower terrace but the upper terrace was a truly relaxing place to sit, we found no problems getting around by public transport but for peace of mind and 20euros we took a taxi to fuengerola train station when we came home (even though the buses appeared to be reliable), in fact we enjoyed this holiday so much we are going again in september..........roll on! extra note, there are lots of really good places to eat if you don't fancy cooking inhouse.
From the Owner
“We feel that Calahonda is in a perfect location - within easy driving distance of the well known resorts of Marbella and Fuenguerola, but with less hustle and bustle that you find there, particularly in the peak months. For us the balance of what is on offer in Calahonda is just right. Also we find that in bars and restaurants the prices are a little cheaper than you would expect to pay in say Marbella or Puerto Banus. If you want to see live entertainment or go to a karaoke bar then you will find them, but there is the right mixture of those places, local tapas bars and a great choice of restaurants . The driving distance from the airport - about 30-45 minutes means that for us, quite often a weekend break is feasible with cheap budget flights.”
Activity and Interests
5 minutes walk to Calahonda beach - limited facilities. Capobino marina and beach and La Cala Beach are a 5 minute drive away. They both have a number of beachside bars and restaurants. Full range of water sports available at Capobino and boat trips can be booked in the marina.
Malaga airport is a 30-40 minute drive away. Car hire is recommended in order to appreciate the vast number of attractions and places of interest which are within driving distance of Calahonda, but is not essential. From the airport, Calahonda can be reached by train from the airport to Fuenguerola costs about 2 euros, and then either taxi or bus to Calahonda. A taxi from the airport cost 55-60 euros each way. A taxi from Fuenguerola to the townhouse costs 25 euros, (bus is 1.15!).
20 minutes to Marbella and Fuengirola.
Puerto Banus a 30 minute drive away.
Mijas typical whitewashed Spanish village 25 minutes away
Seville 2 hour drive
Gibralter 1.5 hrs drive - excursions can be booked on a coach to Seville,Cordoba, Granada, Gibralter, Morocco from the local Calahonda travel agent.
One of just 18 townhouses and has communal gardens and swimming pool as well as short tennis court. At the end of the road is 'The Strip' which has a small supermarket, range of restaurants including Italian, mexican, swiss, chinese, indian, tapas and english and a number of bars. Cash machine, excursion company, car hire. Limited live entertainment in summer season. A 5 minute walk away to El Zoco centre gives a wider range of restaurants, bars, supermarkets, currency exchange and banks. Live entertainment, medical centres and dentists. There is a local gym and temporary memberships can be taken out during your holiday, along with a tennis club and 9 hole golf course in Calahonda which are a short distance from the townhouse. Calahonda is well placed as a base for exporing the Costa del sol and for those who do not wish to hire a car, buses go to Fuenguerola and Marbella, where connections by public transport can take you further afield. Leisure facilities in the nearby areas include a waterpark, horse riding, go carting and a full range of watersports at Cabopino.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
Low (excl Xmas)
30 Oct 2016 - 23 Mar 2017
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
24 Mar 2017 - 15 Jun 2017
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
16 Jun 2017 - 22 Sep 2017
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£100|
Preferred changeover day is Friday. The townhouse will be available after 2pm, and guests are requested to vacate on day of departure by 10 am.
Notes on prices:
Please add £15 for laundry costs if a 5th person is booking.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
From the Owner
“We have tried to make the property home from home so apart from the obvious cups, plates and pans, we have supplied board games, packs of cards, CDs and DVDs. There are inflatables to use at the beach, umbrellas and beach mats, tennis racquets for the court on the complex, maps and information about local places of interest. We find that a lot of guests love the community gardens and pool that they don't bother making a trip to the beach. If you don't hire a car then shops and restaurants are but a short walk away, but the town house is secluded enough that none of the noise is picked up. Calahonda beach is a 5 minute walk for those who love the sea air, but there are views of the Med from the property.”
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool ...
- children welcome
- near the sea
- naturist beach
- water parks
- horse riding
- outlet shopping
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- jet skiing
- bay fishing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- One upper which has been newly tiled and refurbished May 2009, including bath, separate shower cubicle, wash/handbasin and wc. One lower including, shower cubicle, wash/handbasin and wc. Newly tiled and refurbished March 2010.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 5 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with king sized bed and patio off to upper terrace. Large fitted wardrobes and views over gardens and to the Med. Bedroom 2 with twin beds and patio off to upper terrace. Fitted wardrobes and drawer space. Travel cot (up to 24 mths).
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Tennis ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Main living room is air-conditioned and so are both bedrooms. In winter, the units provide warm air heating. The town house is situated on a secure small complex on ground and first floors. The swimming pool is not within view of the property but is 30 seconds away! The property is very suitable for children since the complex is small and secure, but the pool does not have a dedicated childrens section. Outside: Lower tiled patio area with table and 4 chairs,built in barbecue leading to fully maintained gardens and then pool and paddle/tennis court. The patio has outside lights and it is possible to enjoy evening meals and drinks outside. The gardens are also illuminated during the hours of darkness. There is no loud noise disturbance since the bars and restaurants on The Strip are out of earshot, but close enough to walk to in a couple of minutes. The swimming pool is kidney shaped and approximately 18 metres long. Utility Room: This storage area houses further sun loungers, air beds, beach parasols, inflatables, racquets and vacuum cleaner/brooms etc. Guests are welcome to use the buckets and spades, bat and ball sets/inflatables etc. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Property is checked and cleaned prior to and after a let. Bath and hand towels are provided. Guests are requested to provide their own beach towels.. Our property is managed by an English lady who lives near by. Other: Open plan dining area to lounge. Extending dining table and 4 dining chairs. Shelving/display unit and cupboard housing playing cards, board games etc. Storage room under stairs housing bats, balls, inflatables, racquets, beach toys.