Farmhouse in Labastide-Murat, Nr. Cahors, Midi-Pyrenees, France - Peaceful Location, Just Outside Village With All Amenities
Cuzac is a beautiful 18th century Quercy farmhouse which has been lovingly restored and yet retains many of its original features. The house offers an attractive blend of antique and modern furniture, with every home comfort to make the perfect holiday retreat. The pretty south-facing stone house sits surrounded by the garden, with wildflower meadow, and facing the superb 10 x 5m pool. The original 'bolet' provides the perfect spot for alfresco dining all through the day, with an attractive pergola-clad terrace offering shade for the barbecue. The Lot remains an unspoilt area of La France Profonde, with a rich cultural heritage, beautiful countryside, great food and wines, with colourful local markets offering delicious regional produce. For the more active and adventurous-minded, hiking or cycling through the unspoilt villages, or canoeing down the rivers are excellent activities, but equally satisfying can be just relaxing in this beautiful, peaceful part of France.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
We've had a wonderful time ......Your home is so beautiful, and we thank you for our special time here. It really felt like visiting a relation in France. We hope to return one day.
Activity and Interests
Nearest airports are Brive (40 mins away) Rodez, Toulouse and Bergerac (one and a half hours away). Limoges and Bordeaux are 2 - 3 hours distant. Driving from the French Channel ports, the drive is approximately 7 hours.
Excellent rail access via TGV to Agen or Montauban, with good SNCF links to Brive, Gourdon and Souillac.
Labastide-Murat is one kilometre away. It is the centre of the Parc Naturel Regional and is a large thriving village with a market on every other Monday and a Sunday farmers' market in the summer months, with an excellent supermarket, butcher, boulangerie, pharmacy, florist, bank with ATM, hotel, bars and restaurants. The village is midway between the Dordogne and Lot rivers. The towns of Cahors, Gourdon and Gramat are 25 minutes away by car, with Sarlat, Figeac and Montauban that bit further.
The Lot is one of the most unspoilt departments in South West France. It is a relatively little known region, rich in history and tradition, which is reflected in the distinctive architecture and beautiful stone buildings. There are many of 'les plus beaux villages de France' in the locality - St Cirque-Lapopie being one of them; and many beautiful examples of the 'bastide' towns remain. Cuzac is on the pilgrim route to Santiago de Compostela, and numerous walking trails exist for exploration on foot or on bikes. The beautiful rivers of the Lot, Dordogne and Célé meander through the Lot countryside and provide excellent canoeing, passing through beautiful villages where the local produce can be sampled. The area is particularly renowned for its foie gras, duck and truffles, with the local 'black' wine of Cahors. World-famous prehistoric sites of Lascaux, Les Eyzies and Peche-Merle are all within striking distance and well worth a visit.
For children there are themed parks - please refer to the brochures and to the information on our website (see below).
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
13 May 2017 - 3 Jun 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
4 Jun 2017 - 1 Jul 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
2 Jul 2017 - 26 Aug 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
For inquiries or to book, please refer to the website to check availability, or phone or email me. Confirm booking by completing booking form and send to the address on the form, enclosing a cheque for one third of the total to secure the reservation. The remaining balance will be due at least 6 weeks before start date of rental period, plus a returnable deposit of £100 against breakage, loss or non-local calls etc.
Changeover day is Saturday, but some flexibility may be possible at certain times.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- The family bathroom is on the upper ground floor, with bath + shower over, basin and wc. Large shower room with basin + WC on 1st floor. Bedroom 5 has en-suite shower room with basin + wc. Twin bedroom on ground floor has own handbasin.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10+ Baby (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: There are 2 bedrooms on upper ground floor, one double and one twin, 2 bedrooms on 1st floor, one double and one twin. 5th bedroom (double) has been converted from former barn adjoining the main house, with access from the terrace.
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Sitting room with terracotta floor provides cool sanctuary from noon day sun, with double doors giving direct access onto garden. Beautiful spacious airy 5th bedroom is perfect for independent guests (granny annexe?) with double doors opening onto south facing terrace. A child's cot and a travel cot are available, with highchair and stairgate. Air-conditioning is installed in twin bedroom on first floor; there are fans in other bedrooms. Outside: Cuzac sits at the end of a quiet lane, with stunning views over the valley beyond. There are a few other properties down the lane but Cuzac is not overlooked and very private. The garden completely surrounds the farmhouse, laid out to lawns with a small adjoining wildflower meadow. The pool is private, 10x5m, with Roman steps, surrounded by safety fencing and with a large patio for sun loungers and parasols. The traditional Quercy ‘bolet’ (a raised covered area on the front of the house) is the perfect shaded place for eating morning, noon and night, and for watching those magnificent sunsets and starlit nights. Or you can enjoy alfresco-eating on the attractive pergola-clad terrace, with table, chairs and large parasol. The built-in barbecue is conveniently situated on this terrace. Two child swings, table tennis and boules provide outside entertainment, with indoor games, CDs and DVDs for indoor quiet time. There are golf courses at Vitrac and Souillac, about 45 mins drive away. Utility Room: Washing machine and butler's sink on lower ground floor. Additional fridge. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and bedlinen provided. Please bring own towels for pool. House is cleaned after each let; extra cleaning can be arranged. Other: Large storeroom/games room with table tennis, table football and storage.