Villa in Barrantes, Nr. Sao Martinho do Porto, Silver Coast - Peaceful Location, 6 Miles From A Beautiful Safe Beach
This almost new single storey, centrally heated 3 bedroom villa is situated in the quiet village of Barrantes near the end of a cul-de-sac 4 miles north of the bustling town of Caldas da Rainha with it's shops and night life. Barrantes is 1 hour's drive from Lisbon airport. The main north to south highway (A8) is just 1 mile away and there is a mainline station at Caldas da Rainha with regular train services to Lisbon. The beautiful safe beach at Sao Martinho do Porto is only 6 miles away. This beach is shielded from big Atlantic waves by two headlands that jut out on either side. The property has an 8 x 4m swimming pool with reclining chairs and outdoor dining table and chairs. There is a safety fence around the pool and an excellent outdoor barbecue. The villa has a small front garden with beautiful views across the Vale do Coto to Coto village. A mini supermarket/bar in the village sells some items, larger supermarkets can be found at Pingo Dolce (3kms away) and in Caldas da Rainha.
About the Owner
I am a semi-retired Drilling Supervisor with a keen interest in playing golf and wildlife. I have five children ranging from 20 yrs old to 42 yrs old and I have 3 beautiful grand children.
Guestbook comments from the owner
"We had a wonderful time and would love to go again. the kids loved the pool and the lovely beaches" The Hay Family of Newtonhill.
"lovely villa, great site, with easy access to great beaches and the splendour of Obidos. Proximity of the motorway makes travelling to Lisbon easy and the town of Caldas De Rainha five minutes away has good shops and supermarkets. Ideal for relaxing family holiday" - The Allan family from Bury-St-Edmunds.
From the Owner
“We wanted to be away from the commercialised holiday areas but still be within reach of Lisbon; beautiful beaches and some classic golf courses. The villa is only one hour from Lisbon and not difficult to locate. The area has retained it's traditional lifestyle and beauty.”
Activity and Interests
Locally there is a beautiful safe beach at Sao Martinho do Porto (6 miles away) with good restaurants and a child's swing park. The beach at Nazare (18 miles) is another beautiful beach with a funicular train that goes up the cliffs above the beach to an excellent viewpt. The beach at nearby Foz d'Arelho (10 miles) is a great place to sit in a Cafe and watch the kite surfers and fishermen. Fishing boats return from offshore as the sunsets. There are surfing beaches at Baleal with big, BIG waves.
The nearest airport is Lisbon which can be reached from most major UK airports and is one hour travelling by car. There are also train services from Lisbon to nearby Caldas da Rainha. Hire car is recommended. From Lisbon the A8 motorway takes you all the way north to Tornada which is one mile from Barrantes.
Caldas da Rainha for museums and the new shopping centre is 4 miles away.
Medieval town of Obidos for sightseeing 10 miles.
Baleal beach for surfing 22 miles.
Foz d'Arelho beach is 10 miles away.
There are many excellent restaurants and shops in Caldas da Rainha. There are varied outdoor pursuits that can be found such as fishing; surfing; kite surfing and sailing on the Obidos lagoon. Obidos is a medieval town surrounded by a wall which can be walked around. For nature lovers there is a nature park to the east of Caldas da Rainha. The Parque Natural das Serras de Aire e Candeeiros is only 18 miles to the east of Caldas da Rainha. The villa is a good start point for visits to the famous monasteries of Alcobaca; Bathalha and Tomar. Slightly further afield the religious centre at Fatima may be visited. Here, it is said, the Virgin Mary appeared to two young shepherd boys and a shrine was built similar to the vatican. For the younger at heart here is a ten pin bowling centre at Caldas da Rainha.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
1 Sep 2016 - 31 Oct 2016
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
1 Nov 2016 - 28 Feb 2017
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
For booking call or e-mail the owners Mr or Mrs Read at the contact numbers - a 25% deposit is required with the balance paid 4 weeks before the start of the holiday.
Changeover day is preferably Saturday but can be negotiable. Short breaks of 3 or 4 days duration may be available.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The property is convenient for golf courses and some very beautiful beaches including a very safe child friendly beach and although we do not speak a word of Portuguese we get on incredibly well with the neighbours who have become our friends.”
- children welcome
- limited accessibility
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Modern en-suite shower room to bedroom 1 with shower; toilet and hand basin. Modern family bathroom with bath; shower; toilet and wash basin. Storage units in both rooms.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6/8 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed; en-suite shower room and built-in wardrobes. Bedroom 2 with two single beds and built-in wardrobes. Bedroom 3 with two single beds. The lounge has two sofas. One is a double sofa bed which makes up in minutes.
- Notes on accommodation: A van delivers fresh bread every day except Sunday, and there is also a fresh fish refrigerated van delivering several times per week. (cakes are sometimes available from the bread van on Saturdays.) Outside: The front garden is laid to grass and the rear garden contains the fenced in 8m x 4m private pool. The pool is 1.6 metres at its deepest point. The security fence has a lockable gate for people with small children to feel safer. There is an excellent barbecue near to the kitchen door and a carport with a power supply and a light. A small storage cupboard at the back houses garden reclining chairs and three sets of golf clubs for the use of guests. The garden wall makes the swimming pool area quite exclusive and there is a suntrap by the pool that is in sunshine for most of the day until 6pm. Alternatively, sit in the front garden drinking Portuguese Rose and watch the sun go down over the horizon with a beautiful view of the Vale of Coto. Utility Room: A cupboard in the kitchen provides access to the washing machine and tumble dryer facility with ample storage above for towels and bed linen. A further wardrobe in the hall is for general use/bedroom 3. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and bed linen are included (not swimming towels) and the property has a maid service on departure; gardener and pool service visit once per week. There is a service agent to hand in Caldas da Rainha who can attend to any problems. Other: The kitchen has soft closing drawer units and there is a Carbon Monoxide monitor and alarm. All interior doors in the property are lockable. The kitchen drawers are "soft closing" for tiny fingers. A gate on the fence around the swimming pool is lockable.