Holiday House in Gabian, Near Pezenas, Herault, Languedoc-Roussillon, France - 20 Minutes From Bezier Airport And Less Than 30 Minutes To Beautiful White Sandy Beaches
Huge house, recently renovated with all its original features restored. High ceilings with original wooden beams and stone walls throughout. Large 3 storey house in center of beautiful traditional village. Entrance is through the garage, or up steps to the front terrace. Garage opens to large open plan living room with pool table, and cosy TV room, separate toilet and utility room. Steps out to back garden terrace and up to the first floor. 1st floor is a large open plan area with living room, dining room, kitchen, toilet, sun area,and master en suite bedroom. 2nd floor has 4 large bedrooms and 1 large bathroom, separate shower and large corner bath. Back terrace leads to 1st level of the garden, with a beautiful decked area, large trees and swimming pool. 2nd level of garden with sit down area and great mountain views lots of shaded area's, leads to forested 3rd tier of the garden. Village has 2 shops, boulangerie, church, playground, 2 wine shops, 2 pubs one with restaurant. Wifi. There is a hyper market 5 minute drive from house in roujan and it is open on Sundays.
There is also lots of local lakes suitable for swimming in.
Top Traveller Review
True France Experience
About the Owner
Dear holiday maker, my name is Sarah, and I live in Ireland. I have one son Louis and he is 10.I have been going to Gabian for the last 10 years and every time I visit the area is full of exciting new places to explore. If you don't find the information that you are looking for in the advert please just email or call. I have a welcome book in the house overflowing with all of the local information that you may need. I love to relax and read books on holiday so there is a lovely selection of books from fiction to biography in the house. The area is wonderful every season with so much to do locally that I know you will love a holiday in my house. Please feel free to ask me anything else you need to know about the house. More pictures of the property are on facebook gabiangalvin.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Sarah, Thank you for the welcome pack on arrival. It was the first of many surprises in the house.House is large and airy inside and had all the charm of an old country house with ever modern appliance available. The kids had so much fun in the garden and basement they can't wait to return.
Best Wishes.Derek Tighe (Ireland).
"Exceptional Holiday Home Experience"
"Having traveled extensively in France, I can safely say that this is one of the best accommodation opportunities I have experienced. From the spacious and open living areas to the intimate and comfortable bedrooms there is nothing lacking in the quality. The outside areas are quite unique from the secluded south facing multi-level tiered garden and swimming pool area at the rear to the first floor terrace at the front affording a superb setting to watch the local French world go by whilst enjoying a relaxed breakfast, this house represents the Languedoc experience at it's best. Philip Reed
2 holidaymaker reviews
True France Experience
Just home after a wonderful week at Gabian. Many great memories and thankful for use of this wonderful home. Set in rural town with very friendly locals. House has more than enough quality space and amenities to relax and use as a base to explore the Languedoc.
We wanted to experience the REAL France and still have great accommodations....we found it here in Gabian! This area of France is a delight to explore, each day we found new places and amazing people. This is REAL France! As for the house in Gabian, it has all the charm that you could wish for with every modern feature imaginable. The house has been brought into the 21st century with flair and sensitivity. You can step out the front door and stroll a few short steps to the local store for your morning croissants, or step out the back door and relax by the fabulous pool. My family will be back in Gabian and certainly stay here next time we visit this area of France. Mark Wallace
From the Owner
“I bought this property because of the beautiful area and the wonderful things that are available in the vicinity. There are so many places to visit that you are still discovering after spending years there. Pezenas is only a few Km down the road and it has everything located in one beautiful village. Gabian is a small village but offers everything that you need. The locals are very friendly and many nationalities live there. It is a very child friendly area, the local pub/restaurand has a very safe car park where my son plays and a lovely playground just 1 minute walk. Everywhere you look there is lovely mountains some with lakes that you can swim safely in. You will find lots of markets selling beautiful local fresh produce. Here you will discover the true French way of life.”
Activity and Interests
From the house you are a 30 minute car drive to a large selection of beaches. There are so many beautiful beaches nearby you can choose a different one every day. You will find miles of white sand everywhere you go. Many of the beaches are child friendly with life guards, restuarants, cafe,shops and play areas. Village is set among a back drop of beautiful mountains and dozens of wineries. Theme park is also in Agde a short drive away with great roller coasterd. Great house for family holiday.
The house is a 20 minute drive to Bezier Airport. 1 hour drive to Montpeiller Airport and 1 hour 20 minutes to Carcasonne Airport. A car is recommended. Roujan is the nearest village and it is a 2 minute drive up the road.The house is approximatley 15 minutes drive to Pezenas a wonderful large town. The nearest train station is Bezier.
The house is situated in a typical french village. There is lots to do whether you want a quiet holiday or an active holiday. Pezenas and Bezier are both less than half an hour away by car. There are lots of local markets and the village has its own small market twice a week. Pizza van arrives on a Thursday night and I highly recommend it. The areas very picturesque and has hundreds of small villages to explore. You are surrounded by vineyards, wine tasting tours are everywhere.
Pézenas prides itself on its past; reflected in its fascinating winding streets and period architecture. Often called the 'Versailles' of the Languedoc, summer visitors are treated to a feast of festivals, costume dramas, concerts and exhibitions. Alternatively, take your pick from the numerous pavement cafés and watch the world drift slowly by before retiring to any one of the dozens of excellent, traditional restaurants.
Don't miss the famous Saturday market that spills into the streets from daybreak and lasts all day. Discover the many artisan shops in the old quarter, and the kilometer-long stretch of antique and bric-a-brac (brocante) stores.
Sunny, sandy Mediterranean beaches lie just 12 miles south of Pézenas. Beachfront cafés, seafood restaurants and all the glamour and glitz of summer in the south of France.
Marseillan Plage and Serignan Plage for the quieter beaches, Cap d'Agde for all the entertainments, chic shopping and activities. Here you'll find golf, huge waterpark, 'Aqualand' (for both children and adults), water sports, boat trips, further restaurants and the Marine Aquarium.
Beziers and Montpellier offer excellent shopping and hypermarkets. Beziers has possibly the best flower market (Fridays) on the Mediterranean coast.
Discover the ocean of vineyards for superb wine-tasting or discover more about the famous southern French aperitif 'pastis' at the Paul Ricard plant in Bessan. Alternatively, the Noilly Prat museum and guided tour of the factory is in Marseillan.
Superb hiking just miles from Pézenas on the Mourgettes footpath, or take a picnic to Lake Salagou for wonderful fresh-water swimming and water sports.
The Gorges d'Heric in the Languedoc National Park offers astounding scenery that will make you forget you are so close to the Mediterranean coast. Head east and don't miss the Pont du Gard on a day trip to Provence; Avignon, Arles and the pink flamingos and white horses in the Camargue.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
28 Aug 2016 - 27 May 2017
Changeover Day: Saturday
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
28 May 2017 - 25 Jun 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
26 Jun 2017 - 26 Aug 2017
14 night minimum stay
for 14 nights
27 Aug 2017 - 27 May 2018
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay
for 1 night
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
Bookings are only confirmed on full payment for house. Bookings can be made by telephone or email. Payment can be made by bank transfer or euro cheque. Where prices are quoted daily rate discount will be given on weekly rate. Discounts will be given for long lets. A 25% deposit is payable on booking with the other 75% payable 8 weeks prior to your stay. When you confirm your wish to let the house terms and conditions will be emailed to you.
Changeover day during peak time is Saturday. Checkout is 10am and new guests may arrive any time after 4pm. For the rest of the season we will be as flexible as possible.
Notes on prices:
where prices are quoted daily a discount will be given for full week stays. If you are looking for a long term rental discount is available. If you require cleaning during your stay this must be booked at the time of booking and the cost is €20 per hour. Booking is confirmed on receipt of 25% deposit with full payment 8 weeks prior to your stay.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“This property is very near 3 airports. Bezier, Montpeiller and Carcasonne. You can enjoy a very tranquil holiday here or if you prefer night life it is available very near. The garden has beautiful lighting at night time and there is a great view of the church which is beautifully light up at night. A new small french pub has just opened a few doors down so you now have 2 pubs within a 1 minute walk they both have nice outside seating areas. Also a new Large supermarket has opened in Roujan less than a five minute drive from the house. The house is surrounded by wonderful wineries within walking distance that you can purchase directly from. There is 2 small markets in the village square which are lovely to watch from the upper front terrace. So much to do you will have a wonderful time.”
- Away From It All
- Air Conditioning ...
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove ...
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- Pool Table ...
- Satellite / Cable ...
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool ...
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome ...
- non smoking only ...
- wheelchair inaccessible
- near the sea
- naturist beach
- recreation centre
- water parks
- winery tours
- bird watching
- horse riding
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- freshwater fishing
- ice skating
- jet skiing
- mountain biking
- water skiing
- whitewater rafting
- 350 m²
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Toilet 2 - Toilet
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Shower Enclosure, There is a seperate shower and a large bath with a shower
- Bathroom 1: en-suite, blue tiles to the ceiling, shower, sink and large bath with shower, wc. Bathroom 2: cream tiles to ceiling, large shower, double sink, wc and large corner bath with shower. Bathroom 3: wc and sink. Bathroom 4: wc and sink.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Large Double Bed, 1 Cot, This is the very large master bedroom en suite
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Double Bed, 1 Single Bed, couch double bed that can also be single
- Bedroom 3 - 1 Single Bed, 1 Child Bed
- Bedroom 4 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 5 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1: king size bed en-suite. Bedroom 2: double bed. Bedroom 3: double bed. Bedroom 4: double and single bed. Bedroom 5: childs bed and single bed.
- Golf ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Notes on accommodation: This property because it is on 3 levels has many steps in it. There is a child seat that needs to be attached to a chair. The downstairs room is a great family room and stays very cool in Summer and because of the huge fire it is a lovely warm room in Winter. The room with the pool table has a nice seating area where you can watch each other play. The house is 10 minute drive to Pezenas and has many wonderful restaurants very near the house. There is a welcome book in the house with information on local theme parks, restaurants, horse ridding, zoo's and much more. Lovely river in the village with many walks along it. There is plenty of parking outside the house. The garden has many sitting areas throughout with a wonderful wooded area to the back of the garden. Wonderful views of the mountains from the garden. Outside: House has a patio to the front with steps leading down to the street. It has a table with four chairs and is a lovely place to sit and watch the world go by. The back terrace has large coal barbecue and seating area for 6to 10 people if you add front chairs. There are lots of loungers and chairs spread throughout the garden. Because of the many large trees it is easy to find shade during hot summer days. The private pool is 1.2 metres depth throughout and is approx 35ft in lenght and 15ft wide. There is a lovely view of the church and mountains from the back garden. It is very private and quiet in the garden you will feel you are in the middle of the country with the advantage of having a village on your doorstep. There are 2 weekly outdoor village markets, grocery shop on your door step and a very nice boulangerie for wonderful fresh cakes and bread and two pubs/cafe. There are a few wine shops in the village, a basketball area, kids play area with swings slides and pharmacy. Utility Room: Washing machine, sink, American fridge/freezer, storage space and dishwasher, hoover, iron, ironing board, clothes horse for drying clothes. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: White bath towels are provided. The house is cleaned at the end of each letting, if you require maid service during your stay this can be arranged at an additional cost of €20 ph . You are expected to leave the house in the condition that you find it. Other: The dining room is of the kitchen and has a very large dining table. The back outside terrace has large seating area, the front terrace looking out to village life has seating for 4. The house has cream tiles throughout. It remains nice and cool in summer