Holiday Home near Stockland, Honiton, Devon - Set in Picturesque Countryside, The Property is Light and Spacious.
Great reductions on late deals. Awarded 5* by British Tourism, all bedrooms are en-suite, making it very accommodating for sharing families, couples, friends or groups. Michael's Port is located within the beautiful Devon countryside. It's easily accessible with the M5 only 20 mins away and the A303 5 mins away. There are many walks to enjoy on our doorstep, with streams, woodland and fields. There is plenty to do locally, Exeter with its new shopping centre, Creally and Diggerland for the kids and a wealth of historic towns and villages. The property is 20mins away from the Jurassic coast. Lyme Regis and Sidmouth are fantastic for all ages with interesting shops to explore, fossiling or enjoy the beach. This spacious and comfortable property enjoys a secure, private and established garden. Michael's Port has plenty of natural light, the decor is neutral and has a mixture of antique and modern furniture. It has much to offer for your holiday.
About the Owner
David & Sylvia have lived at the Rising Sun for 20 years and converted Michael's Port themselves. They have taken great pride in making the property suitable for all ages and feel thats its the perfect place for young and old to holiday together. Kate their daughter-in-law helps manage the property and has a keen eye on any questions and queries are responded to promptly. The owners feel that Michael's Port is a great location to explore all that Devon has to offer and we are always on hand to help with making the most of your holiday.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Roger, Wendy & family, Yorkshire 2006.
A most enjoyable family holiday. Perfect location, perfect weather, perfect holiday cottage. We are all agreed, the best cottage we have stayed in. The children loved the animals (dogs and chickens) and the pool. Hope to come back soon, many thanks.
Mr & Mrs Hossfield, Mr & Mrs Acton, Mr & Mrs Hollis, Mr & Mrs Goodman, Midlands, 2008.
Well equipped, comfortable accommodation for 4 couples. Honiton Golf Course worth playing. Good evening meal at Sidmouth Arms.
Lamb, Bullough & Slight families, Kent & Surrey 2007.
We have had a lovely holiday. Thank you for the welcome pack, especially bread and cakes etc. Michael's Port was just right for our large family including a toddler and 3 month old baby.
Taylors & Webbs, Essex 2007. Great place, comfy beds and brilliant to have our own bathrooms, no queueing in the morning. Lovely holiday home and very welcoming hosts, lovely gardens.
A successful few years with English Country Cottages.
Activity and Interests
The nearest beaches are Lyme Regis and Sidmouth and are a 20 mins drive away. Lyme Regis is a popular resort with newly improve bathing area, unique shops and fabulous seafood restaurants. There is opportunity to go mackerel or deep sea fishing, with private boat hire as an option. Monmouth beach (Lyme Regis) enables you to try free fossiling. Sidmouth, Branscombe and Beer are all 30 mins away and are picturesque seaside towns and villages, to explore the local pubs, shops and restaurants.
Exeter International Airport is 20 mins drive away. Due to the isolated position of Michael's Port it is advised that you have your own transport.
Bristol is 90 mins drive away, Taunton 30 mins (M5 0, Exeter 30mins, Honiton 15 mins, Axminster is 20 mins.
Sockland village is 10 mins drive away, or a very relaxing and beautiful hour's walk. This pretty village has a charming pub 'The Kings Arms' and is worth a visit for a meal. Honiton has all the major banks, Tesco's, M&S simple foods and is famous for its antique shops and market. Axminster also has all the local amenities and the new arrival of 'River Cottage' shop and restaurant. There are many walks to take advantage of, local countryside, coastal and an hours drive will find you in the breath-taking Exmoor or Dartmoor National Parks. There is plenty to do for most interests from fishing, horse-riding, water-sports, nature and fun parks, we have plenty of up to date tourist information that can help make the most of your stay. Finally, in the warmer months there is plenty of local festivals, shows and events that encompass various interests and hobbies. We would be happy to update you on whats.
A welcome pack is provided and the property is stocked with the basics to get you started (toilet rolls, tea/coffee, soap, cleaning products).
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
16 Dec 2016 - 7 Jan 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
8 Jul 2017 - 9 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
Please check for availability on calender, phone for short notice breaks to double check. A 25% deposit is required on booking, payments by cheque. Full payments to be received 8 weeks prior to your arrival with us. For late bookings, full payment on booking Michael's Port please.
Holiday week is Friday to Friday ideally but we are able to negotiate if needed. Arrival is at 4pm and departure is at 10am.
Notes on prices:
Please note that prices for Min Stay 3 nights are for short breaks only, thus Friday to Monday or Monday to Friday. Price per night not given as depends on how many sharing, please contact the owner. No short breaks available in peak time (summer school holidays).
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
- pets considered
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Bedroom 1 with en-suite bath, sink and toilet. Bedroom 2 with en-suite bath, sink and toilet. Bedroom 3 with en-suite shower, sink and toilet. Bedroom 4 with en-suite shower, sink and toilet. Separate ground floor toilet and sink.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with twin beds. Bedroom 2 with king size bed. Bedroom 3 with double bed. Bedroom 4 with twin beds.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The property has timed central heating and can be adjusted if required. There is 1 double and twin bedroom up a flight of stairs, the remaining bedrooms have one step-down. All bedrooms are carpeted, bathrooms and living areas are hard floors with rugs. Children of all ages are welcome and no problems from previous families have been given. There is ample off-road parking for 4 cars, access is shared with the owners property. Outside: 3 separate patio doors from the kitchen and living room open onto large patio area with table, chairs and parasol. There is a barbecue (charcoal) and more seating so you can enjoy alfresco dining. The established garden is a combination of shrubs and flowers and is a haven for the local wildlife. There is a bird table and bath so you can encourage any feathered visitors. The large lawn is ample for ball games and is south facing for sun worshippers. There is a shared driveway and yard which overlooks a 2 acre garden that is also available for you to explore and enjoy. Utility Room: Washing machine, tumble dryer and storage space. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All linen and towels are provided, and changed weekly. Other: Main entrance leads into large glass walkway overlooking private garden. With CD player, tables and chairs, and some books and games, its another area to enjoy the space and light that Michael's Port gives.