Country House in Monteleone d'Orvieto, Umbria, Italy - with Private Pool
Il Berneto, last renovation in 2008, sits about 500 metres altitude, in 300 acres of flowered fields and olive groves with woodlands, and has stunning views of the Umbrian hills. In 1050 AD it was the first castle of Monteleone d'Orvieto, later a farmhouse. It is built entirely of local stones and combines the typical Umbrian ambiance of wooden beamed ceilings, terracotta floors and stylish décor with modern amenities. The villa is air-conditioned, heated and has Internet access. The property is child friendly, and includes an expansive yard all around. The pool is 20 metres from the house, with beautiful views on the hills, a vegetable-garden with seasonal vegetables and herbs is available for the guests. The villa has maintained the original structure of a farmhouse: ground floor for cowsheds and cells, today charming living rooms; first floor for kitchens and dining rooms; other floors for granary, today comfortable bedrooms. At the same time it is simple and easy to clean!
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
... this year at Il Berneto. And now we are at the final morning of a fabulous week, capped off last night by Anna's wonderful for course meal. (Crostata! mmmmm!) Sixteen of us relaxed, swam, talked, ate, and drank a few glasses of wine -- an absolutely perfect week here in this gorgeous house. Six kids (and most of the adults) made excellent use of the swimming pool; we picked and ate delicious tomatoes, basil, and chard from the vegetable garden; cooked pizzas in the pizza oven; walked to Bar Seven for gelato and coffee; stayed up late chatting and laughing under a full moon. An amazing week!
The house is incredibly comfortable. Everything that we needed was here, and we're already thinking about how and when we can all get together again at Il Berneto.
Family reunion from:Bishops Stortford, Miami, Newcastle, Brighton, Shoreham-by-Sea, and Gioiella.
5 based on 4 holidaymaker reviews
Il Berneto is a beautiful home on the edge of a village that is almost too Italian to be real and barely gets a mention in the guide books. Our host was responsive, friendly and a pleasure to deal with. The house is huge and can easily accommodate 3-4 families. The house has character, charm and was well equipped for the whole family from grandparents to kids. We would happily return.
We love Il Berneto
From the moment we arrived, we knew this was a special place. Martina and Carlotta met us @ the house after our long journey, so kind and engaging. We already felt @ home! The house was perfect for our large group of friends and family. The first week we even used the fireplace, which made it all the more magical. They have everything you need, including an incredibly well-appointed kitchen where we cooked many meals. The house is so clean and well-maintained, and Anna and her crew go out of their way to be helpful. Definitely eat lunch @ Seven (we went many times), and enjoy their wine selection. Andrea and Michele are terrific. Visit cafe latte for gelato and treats. The butcher in town is fantastic too. Everything so fresh!! We had an amazing time. Thanks for sharing your home. We loved it!!
What an amazing place
We spent a fantastic week at Il Berneto in July 2014. We were a large group of 6 adults and 8 children and all of us were hugely impressed. The swimming pool is great and the rooms all very comfortable and some with fantastic views. We love cooking and the kitchen seemed equipped with everything we could possible think of wanting. The standard of everything was very high and you could sense the property is maintained by a family who takes great pride and who thoroughly enjoys spending their own holidays there. Martina and Marco made us feel incredibly welcome on arrival and we would have no hesitation about going back to Il Berneto again in the future - I hope we will have the opportunity. Don't hesitate - you will love it here.
This property was absolutely perfect for our family holiday. A group boasting 8 adults and 8 children under 12, il Berneto was everything we could have possibly hoped for. With families traveling from Switzerland, Britain and the US the location was great and easy to get to. Plenty of attractions nearby as well. With Monteleone only a short walk away, there was never any need to take the car out for shopping.
The house is brilliant with plenty of bedrooms and space. It's very clean, well appointed and everything you could possibly need is provided. The pool was more than ample in terms of size. The grounds are huge, plenty of space for the children to play and explore.
The landlords could not have been more helpful and were there for us whenever we needed anything.
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Cooking lessons in a typical restaurant walking distance, Wine tours.
Nearest train stations: Chiusi Scalo (20 minutes), Fabro scalo (10 minutes), Orvieto (35 minutes). Nearest international airport is Fiumicino, Roma, a 2 hours drive. Car hire is recommended to go around and visit the Tuscany and Umbrian surroundings.
Walking distances: 5 minutes to the bar and supermarket, 10 minutes to the village. Driving distance: Città della Pieve 10 minutes, Cetona 20 minutes, Cortona, San Casciano dei Bagni 30 minutes, Orvieto 35 minutes, Perugia 40 minutes, Todi 1 hour. Arezzo 1.5 hours, Assisi 45 minutes, Lago Trasimeno 30 minutes, Spoleto 40 minutes, Montepulciano 40 minutes, Montalcino 45 minutes, and Pienza 50 minutes. Florence 1.5 hours, Rome 1 hour 20 minutes, Rome Airport, Fiumicino, 2 hours.
Monteleone d'Orvieto is a small typical Umbrian village. There are good restaurants, two supermarkets, shops, post office, bank, catholic church, a pharmacy, herbalist's shop, hair stylist and tennis court - 250 metres from the house, available by prior arrangement. The fish vendor comes every Wednesday in the village, and every Thursday there is the open market. However a 10 - 20 minute drive there is a large shopping area. The nearest big village is Città della Pieve which has many artistic attractions, and a good hospital. All over the year in the various villages there are exhibitions, feasts, and music concerts etc.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
10 Sep 2016 - 16 Dec 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Changeover day Saturday. Arrival from 2.30 pm, departure before 10.30 am. In low season or last minute, flexible changeover.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in euros.
From September to May the house can host up to 12 people. In June July and August (when the swimming pool is open) we do accept groups up to 20 people. Discount for early bookings, and in the event that booking is for more than one week. Parties are forbidden if not agreed with the owner.
Non-refundable payment of 30% of total cost is due upon reservation. Balance due 2 months before stay. In the event of booking cancellation: up to 30 days - 50 % of rate refunded. Up to 29/10 days - 20% of rate refunded. Less than 9 days - no refund. A deposit of 300 euros on arrival, will be refunded at departure, subject to inventory inspection and deductions of any damage.
- Available arrival
- Farm Holidays
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Air Conditioning
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Ping Pong Table
- Pool Table
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- wheelchair inaccessible
- autumn foliage
- live theatre
- winery tours
- horse riding
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- 100 m²
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 5 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 6 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 7 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- 2 bathrooms with shower, ground floor (30m from the pool). 2 bathrooms with bath, 1st floor (1 en-suite with bedroom 1). 2 bathrooms with shower, 2nd floor. 1 en-suite bathroom to bedroom 5 with shower. All with sink, wc, and bidet.
- 7 Bedrooms, Sleeps 20
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Bedroom 7
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps: max 12 in winter season; 20 in summer Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1, with double bed. Bedroom 2, with double bed/2 single. Bedroom 3, with 2 bunk beds (tot.5 ). Bedroom 4, double bed/2 single. Bedroom 5, La torretta with double bed/2 single. Bedroom 1a, double bed. Bedroom 2a, with 2 bunk beds (tot. 6).
- Bicycles ...
- Golf ...
- 4 bicycles
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: We provide IPod speakers, tennis table and bicycles, tennis rakets, one cellular phone with Italian sim card; daily cleaning service included, seasonal vegetables available from the garden. Outside: A 200 metres private road brings you to the Casale. Parking is very easy. The space outside is not a garden but what we call Aia: two big yards (in the back and in the front), well kept, but country. The front courtyard includes: the main entrance to the house, the access to the ground floor bathroom and living rooms. The open room with barbecue, has a stone oven, a worktop, and many barbecue tools (also for pizza), and the portico which has tables to seat up to 20 people, and 2 sofas. Next to the portico there is the tennis table room, easily changing into another big dining room!! The private pool is relaxing and peaceful in a panoramic, sunny position, with fencing all around. The pool is 14x6 metres, which is open June to September (70 cm to 2.5m deep). The solarium is accessible all year long. There is a diving board, outdoor fridge, sunbeds and deckchairs. It is a peaceful area in the Umbrian hills. 5 min walk to the supermarket and bar and 10 min walk to Monteleone d'Orvieto. Utility Room: New LAUNDRY SPACE with washing machine, steam iron and iron table, big sink and washing lines. Vacuum cleaner, brooms, clothes horse. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Included in the fee we provide two hours maid service every day and the final cleaning; towels, linen and pool towels, changed every week are included; a trustworthy person for the everyday yard keeping and pool cleaning.