Apartment in El Cotillo, Fuerteventura, Canary Islands - Beaches Within A 5 Minute Walk
Very well appointed, south facing and spacious apartment recently further upgraded. South facing balcony to the front is comfortably sheltered all year round. Al fresco dining on the front balcony adjacent to the lounge is the norm. The large roof terrace has panoramic views over the sea, mountains, surrounding countryside and offers all day private sunbathing. Ideal for couples seeking a quiet break.
WiFi router installed. Wifi access payable locally.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
(4 traveller reviews)
Mantelina is a superb and well equipped apartment. The location in El Cotillo gives easy access to the facilities of the village and the lovely beaches towards the lighthouse. The real gem of this apartment is the wonderful roof terrace that catches the sun throughout the day, has great views to the north and is perfect for watching the famous El Cotillo sunset. Would highly recommend both this apartment and El Cotillo as a perfect base in the north of the island.
Having just spent a week in this marvellous apartment over the New Year we cannot recommend it highly enough.
Alan & Norma our delightful hosts made the process all very smooth and easy from start to finish.The apartment itself has been scrupulously maintained with a lot of little extras thoughtfully provided to make your stay that bit more enjoyable.The long rooftop terrace with great views over the beaches, North Shore and beyond to Lanzarote is a huge asset.Apart from it's sunbathing potential we spent many a long languid evening making good use of the large barbecue with all the necessary accoutrements ready and waiting for us on arrival.Furthermore the central location made all restaurants,shopping and beaches within easy walking distance.
We have stayed in El Cotillo many times before and this apartment is by far the best we have ever stayed in, the location is only a couple of minutes walk away from many good restaurants, and only 5 mins walk to the beaches, the apartment is equipped with everything you need for a great break and is always spotlessly clean on arrival, the private roof terrace offers all day sunshine and has an enormous stone BBQ, I would highly recommend this apartment for any body wishing to spend an unforgettable holiday in a very beautiful peaceful village with unspoilt beaches
'home away from home'
De woning was schoon bij aankomst, en was verder makkelijk schoon te houden. Er was meer dan voldoende beddengoed en hand- en theedoeken. De wasmachine was door de eigenaar voorzien van een Engelse handleiding, wel zo praktisch en uiteraard attent. Er was meer dan genoeg om je binnen en buiten te vermaken. Het appartement is voorzien van balkons en een ruim zonnig dakterras.
De meeste winkels, bars, restaurants zijn op loopafstand. De supermarkten zijn ruim voorzien en relatief goedkoper dan die in Nederland. Het personeel is attent en meestal geduldig als je er in het Spaans even niet uitkomt.
El Cotillo is nog steeds een rustig dorp ondanks de toenemende toeristenstroom. Toeristen komen er voor de rust, de stranden, de zon, om te wandelen, te fietsen, te surfen (!) of gewoon te luieren. Een boeiend nachtleven is er niet, maar weer wel in Corralejo, waar je ook kunt shoppen totdat je er bij neervalt ...
Voor de 'autolozen' is er op loopafstand een bushalte, de bussen rijden geregeld naar Corralejo (en tussenliggende plaatsen) en iets minder frequent naar het centrale busstation in Puerto del Rosario, waar overgestapt kan worden naar buslijnen naar andere bestemmingen op Fuerteventura, waaronder het vliegveld. Automobilisten moeten er wel rekening mee houden dat de dichtst bijzijnde benzinepompen in Corralejo zijn en bij het vliegveld.
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Surfing, scuba diving, wind surfing, kite surfing, quad bikes, trekking expeditions etc and instruction can all be booked from outlets in El Cotillo and Corralejo.
Lots of good walks from the apartment: north, south and east.
Both of El Cotillo's main beaches are a short walk or 2 minutes by car from the apartment.
The beaches to the north are excellent with pristine white sands protected by volcanic rocky outcrops resulting in calm, safe, turquoise waters. Playa de la Concha, a Blue Flag beach, is probably the best known of the group and with a good beach bar.
There is a mile of excellent traditional surf beach, Piedra Playa, immediately south of El Cotillo.
El Cotillo is a small, quiet traditional fishing village which has largely avoided commercialisation. It is a working village with a strong Canarian flavour.
Seafood is a speciality in most restaurants with fresh fish from the local small harbour arriving daily. Among the best is El Roque de los Pescadores beside the new harbour and La Marisma. Excellent quality reasonably priced with first class service.
Both the airport and the island's principal town, Puerto de Rosario, are on the eastern seaboard about 45kms away. There are therefore very few aircraft overflying El Cotillo.
The apartment is situated at the upper end of a small development on the eastern edge of the village. This has joint benefits of being both a very quiet location but accessible to the village. The nearest supermarket is 200 metres away and the sea front approximately 400 metres.
El Cotillo is located in the tranquil North West corner of Fuerteventura, the second largest island of the Canary Islands. The island's rugged beauty is complemented with white sand beaches and stunning sea views including glorious sunsets from the western shores. The area receives over 3000 hours of sunshine each year and the daytime temperature rarely dips below 15 degrees with an average monthly temperature of 21 degrees.
The local tourist board promotes a network of 12 museums within reasonable travelling distance. The most recent being the Museo de la Pesca Traditional which opened in 2008 at the El Faro lighthouse just north of El Cotillo featuring the local fishermen. A very interesting story well told.
The El Toston tower overlooking Playa del Castillo to the south of the village offers spectacular views of the area and doubles as a small local art centre.
Bicycles, surf boards and body boards etc. can be hired in El Cotillo.
The village has one large supermarket and a series of small traditional stores. There is also an excellent French bakery, El Goloso.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Payment terms: 25% deposit with the Booking Form. The balance due eight weeks before arrival.
Flexible changeover days.
Minimum stay 7 nights.
Notes on prices:
Payment terms: 25% deposit, balance due 8 weeks before arrival.
Rates for 2017: £400 for 2 persons per week. £430 for 3 persons per week. £460 for 4 persons per week.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- Dining Area
- pets not allowed
- smoking allowed ...
- wheelchair inaccessible
- near the sea
- duty free shops
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- bay fishing
- surf fishing
- 80 m²
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- The fully fitted bathroom is complete with recently installed high quality walk-in shower, grab rail, bidet, wash hand basin with vanity unit, wc and automatic washing machine.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Principal bedroom : two single beds Second bedroom : one double bed Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) in total Notes on bedrooms: The two bedrooms include one double bed and two singles. Both bedrooms have large fitted wardrobes, bedside cabinets and lights. Large wall mirror in the second bedroom and hallway. Personal mirror in principal bedroom Additional generous bedroom storage.
- Notes on accommodation: South facing, well appointed, fully equipped spacious apartment with front balcony comfortably sheltered all year round. Large roof terrace with panoramic views over sea and mountains offers all day private sunbathing. Ideal for couples seeking a quiet break. Outside: The private roof terrace (c.800 sq ft) is accessed directly from the apartment which is located at the upper end of the small development ensuring excellent views and enhanced privacy. Patio furniture includes 'Grosflex' sun loungers, generous sized dining table, parasols, sub-tropical plants and four comfortable chairs. A power supply is also available. Masonry barbeque. There is an additional dining table and four chairs on the south facing first floor balcony. The panoramic views from the roof terrace include extensive sea views, the eastern hills, the surrounding countryside uninterrupted north to the El Faro lighthouse and spectacular sunsets in the evening. The south facing aspect encourages al fresco dining on the front balcony and the roof terrace. Utility Room: Access to the rear balcony and general storage/utility area is through the principal bedroom. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Fresh bedlinen and two sets of bathroom towels per person available weekly. Basic medical kit, fire blanket and iron/ironing board are provided. Other: The apartment has its own TV, DVD and high quality music system. A selection of DVDs, books and games are provided. Access to the apartment is secure via an entryphone system. A digital safe is installed.