Holiday house in Galatas, Peloponnese, Greece - Total peace in beautiful surroundings. Close Amenities and beach, Car essential
In a truly 'away from it all' location with breathtaking sea and country views, Olive Tree House was totally restored in 2008. Here you will find peace and tranquility in surrounding countryside with the option of hopping across the water to the bustling charming island of Poros, serviced by 24 hour taxi boat and a crossing time of less than 2 mins from the harbour at Galatas. Galatas harbour offers very good facilities including supermarkets, banks, bars, cafes, shops and also many harbour side tavernas with excellent home cooked food at very reasonable prices and wonderful views across the water to Poros. If you want to get away from it all yet be within a few minutes of local amenities, beaches, swimming pool and the wonderful island of Poros, then this could be the destination for you. A ten minute stroll or short car ride away is a large swimming pool with sunbeds and an excellent restaurant, tennis court, table tennis and table football, with an entrance fee of 1 euro.
About the Owner
I have been involved with property for as long as I can remember and when we first visited Begur in we thought it a wonderful region and decided to buy a holiday home, Casa Alfora.
We rented it out through a local agent the first year (2001). After that I decided to rent it out myself and since then we have built two more houses and purchased another in Begur all of which are on this site. Gradually I built up a business and we now have our own website featuring property in Spain, Italy, Greece and Portugal.
Poros Island, Greece is a favourite destination of ours where we have a house overlooking the harbour and on the mainland, both with amazing views and both of which are featured on this website.
Now we have added our lovely Padstow cottage to this site. We hope you like it!
Guestbook comments from the manager
"Our family stayed at Olive Tree House and had a wonderful week and really did not want to leave. The views are spectacular and can`t be done justice by a photograph. The sunrise and sunset each day from the terrace was a real highlight." S. Sword 2009
`We really liked Olive Tree House. It has the most magnificent views, is very well furnished and extremely comfortable, with generously sized rooms. We were able to find good local produce in Galatas, and we enjoyed the restaurants in Poros. We would also recommend to future clients "Two Brothers" boat trip with picnic around the island. I forgot to add that we found Tracy so helpful! Really nothing was too much trouble for her (or her husband on occasions!)She is a great asset`. S. Train 2009
`We had a lovely 2 weeks at Olive Tree House. The area was beautiful and we enjoyed being part of life in Galatas as well as sightseeing and spending time at Elanova and on the beach. Tracy was extremely helpful and full of advice and useful info
From the Owner
“Olive Tree House. The views from this house are absolutely amazing and this was the biggest draw for building this house. You can't change the location but you can change the house!! There was a sort of prefab house on this plot and we knocked it down and created Olive Tree House and absolutely love staying here. In April the weather was hot sun with a chill wind and it was just perfect for exploring and going on long walks. The flora was incredible and we found plenty of ruins and little villages dotted around the area. Galatas harbour has a very good choice of tavernas and you can eat out with plenty of the local wine for about 10 euros per head. For a bit more sophistication, Poros is a 2minute crossing on the taxi boat. Two worlds in one!”
Activity and Interests
Aleki Beach 5km or 7 mins by car. A long and attractive sandy bay with a beach bar and taverna serving good traditional greek fare. Shallow sandy entrance making it very suitable for children.
Athens Airport - 180km. Can be accessed by fast ferry (1 hour) from Poros Harbour or drive from Athens to Olive Tree House (2.30 hrs approx). Car hire is highly recommended to take full advantage of the region. There are taxis available at the harbour and a bus service from Galatas to Athens. On Poros there are two buses which circle the island daily, stopping at all the beaches. Taxi service from the harbour. From Galatas harbour a 24 hour taxi boat service to/from Poros (2min crossing).
Harbourside village of Galatas is 1.8km or 3 mins by car from Olive Tree House. 30 mins to Ancient Epidavros with the best preserved amphitheatre in the world. Poros has ancient places of interest including Poseidon's temple. There are excursions round the island. Regular ferries hop from Poros harbour to Spetses, Hydra and Aegina. Athens is 1 hour. Galatas has a wealth of tavernas on the harbour and local amenities include banks, shops, cafes, internet. For more lively nightlife, Poros awaits!
There are several local supermarkets and fresh fruit and vegetable shops. Eating out is not expensive and the local organic wine at 4 euros a litre is too good to miss! On Poros there is a daily market selling fish, meat and poultry which is open in the mornings in a road running parallel with the harbour. There are many restaurants to explore along the back streets of Poros where prices are lower than on the harbour front. There are several beaches with watersports and yacht charter is available on the harbour at Poros.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 30 Dec 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
30% deposit on reservation. A booking form and terms and conditions will be provided. Balance due 2 months prior to your holiday. Payments accepted: debit/credit card, bank transfer, euros. Breakage deposit: by arrangement.
Olive Tree House is equipped for 8-10 people.
Saturday is changeover day and this is flexible by arrangement according to the season. Arrival: from 16:00 hours. Departure: by 10:00 hours.
Notes on prices:
The advertised rates for Olive Tree House are for up to 8 guests. An additional £50 per week is requested for 9 or 10 people who would be accommodated on 2 sofabeds.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The peace and the views are fantastic here at Olive Tree House. The most relaxing location of all for me. The weather is dependably good and the nearest beach is 7 mins by car. We discovered a wonderful swimming pool complex with taverna and tennis court last year. All very well maintained and run by a German lady married to a Greek within a couple of minutes by car or 10 mins walk from the house and we met some very nice people here. It makes an occasional change from the beach. For extra nightlife and more hustle and bustle we nip over to Poros where there is quite a different atmosphere with all the super yachts in the harbour, etc and we feel we have the best of both worlds with Olive Tree and Lemon Tree! Plenty of cultural places to visit too!!”
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Kitchen ...
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite shower room to bedroom 1 with multi-spray shower area, basin and wc. Bathroom: bath/shower over, basin and wc next to bedroom 2. Bathroom: bath/shower over, basin and wc shared by bedrooms 3 and 4.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8-10 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed. Bedroom 2 with twin beds. Bedroom 3 with double bed. Bedroom 4 with twin beds. All bedrooms have air conditioning
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Can be rented as 2 apartments each sleeping 4-5 people. Olive Tree House has air-conditioning throughout. The accommodation is on two levels with separate access to the lower ground floor. A generously sized terrace to the upper level and a smaller full width terrace downstairs. There is sun and part shade on the upper terrace all day and you can enjoy wonderful sunsets from both terraces. The accommodation is suitable for children with supervision. Outside: Outside areas include two terraces. The upper terrace is larger than the lower terrace and has dining table, chairs and sunbeds. The lower terrace has seating. Olive Tree House stands in its own grounds but currently the areas outside the house and terraces is not accessible to holidaymakers due to the rough terrain. There is a large swimming pool within 1km (10mins walk) of Olive Tree House with sunbeds, tables and chairs, taverna, tennis court, table tennis and table football. small entrance fee. Utility Room: There is currently no washing machine at Olive Tree House. We offer a laundry service and there is a drying area. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen and towels are included. A weekly clean and change of linen and towels is included in rental periods of 2 weeks and more. Final clean is included. Beach towels are not included but can be hired. Other: The lower living room is smaller with combined kitchenette and doors to the terrace. Sofa, dining table and chairs. Both living areas have air/con