Riad in Central Marrakech, Dar El Basha, Marrakech, Morroco - You Will Love our Peaceful Ambiance and Friendly English and French Speaking Staff
In a fantastic location near to the Dar Bashah Palace and a 10 minute walk from the main square. Riad Marrakech, newly renovated, tastefully decorated using calming colours with touches of the exotic. We have equipped Riad Papillon with all the modern conveniences that we think you may need, ipod docking stations, mobile phones, torches, hair driers, TVs, mini bar. Riad Papillon is the perfect venue for a hen party, wedding or anniversary group. We have already hosted several 40th and 50th birthdays where we have provided all the details that have been required from freshly baked birthday cake, hammams and spas, overspill rooms in neighbouring riads for additional guests, golf sessions, cooking lessons, entertainment and add on trips. If this is your first time in Marrakech we can organize a complete package of trips and restaurant recommendations or bookings as well as a half board option. We can provide vegetarian food and do our best for special diets Eg gluten free.
Details for holiday villa Sleeps 11 (5 romantic doubles or luxury twins), 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 11, 5 Bathrooms
All rooms have en-suite bathrooms or shower rooms with sink and mirror and WC.
Two have romantic double shower/baths to share-great for a valentines break or honeymoon couple.
All rooms can be doubles or twins and rose room has a sofa beds for 3rd person.
The Bougainvillea Room with courtyard garden.
The Geranium Room on first floor.
The Hibiscus room on first floor.
The Rose room with courtyard garden.
The Jasmine Room with courtyard garden.
The bedrooms at Riad Papillon are beautifully decorated and presented.
All offer comprehensive facilities within the room including comfort heating, air conditioning, hairdryer, satellite TV, Wifi internet access and music system. iPod docking stations/ iPhone chargers in all rooms. DVD players in all rooms. Minibars stocked with drinks and snacks. Laptop and (local charge) Mobile phones for loan with deposit. Internet access and personal safes.
All rooms can be prepared as doubles or twins. Our comfort is our priority!
About the Owner
This traditional and secluded riad has been added to our collection of special hotels in Marrakech in Januaru 2011. Mike and Lucie Wood are the owners of this traditional hotel-riad. The riad is a home from home and Lucie has added many little touches that make guests feel welcome and looked after such as providing a mobile phone for guests to use in case they get lost and need rescuing by the onsite staff! Mike and Lucie live on a smallholding in Hertfordshire when they are not in Marrakech.
Guestbook comments from the manager
'From the word go, the staff went out of their way to make our short weekend break as good as possible - from organising late night airport transfers and food on arrival to giving us some great restaurant recommendations. The Riad itself is in a great location - ten minutes walk from the Djemma el Fna and close to the Dar al Basha which is good for taxis to anywhere outside of the Medina. Our room was lovely and meant a mere 30 second walk from bed to poolside. Overall, a really good find and great value for money.' Graham Dunn August 2012. 'Go to Riad Papillon and be treated like a king!'; 'A Magical Place' Oct 2012. 'Riad Papillon is the best thing about Marrakech' 'The staff could not have been more helpful and welcoming.'
Our guest book is full of glowing praise for our lovely riad. See trip advisor for further rave reviews.
From the Owner
“Mike fell in love with Marrakech, the Marrakechi people and the riad architecture on a holiday with Moroccan friend in 2005. Mike background is in banking and business and Lucie is a chartered psychologist who works with people experiencing all kinds of stress. Together they used their passion for Marrakech and their professional expertise to create a truly magical place- a wonderfully relaxing haven where people an unwind, relax and indulge the senses. Lucie and Mike also wanted to encourage others to experience the warmth and character of the people of Marrakech in a safe and beautiful setting. It is important to Mike and Lucie that all staff are Moroccan as this gives a chance to have a truly Moroccan experience! Riad Papillon opened in 2009. Riad Cinnamon will be ready March”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
You may enjoy learning to cook whilst in Marrakech, belly dancing, Arabic language classes and photography or painting classes can be arranged either as a group or on an individual basis. Marrakech is great for walking holidays and for using as a base to explore the wonderful country of Morocco. Personal shopping tours can be arranged as can sessions with individual crafts people such as a blacksmith or a wood sculptor for those who want to learn a little more about Moroccan culture and crafts. Every year in December film directors and stars descend upon Marrakech for the Film festival. A large screen is set up in the Place Jma El Fna for people to watch movies en masse. Marrakech is an expanding conference centre for medical and business conferences as it offers relatively economical space and fantastic entertainment and accommodation.
The coast is about 2 hours away from our Riad. You can arrange to stay at our magical Riad-Riad Papillon and then have a day or two in a lovely Riad in Essouirra or another of the coastal town returning for your flight home to Marrakech. This trip can be arranged by us for you or you can book once in Marrakech. Agadir is about 4 hours away by coach.
Menara airport (RAK) in Marrakech is only 15 minutes from Riad Papillon. The Riad is very accessible by car as the taxi rank is only a few hundred yards from the Riad door. We would not recommend renting a car whilst you are staying in Marrakech unless you have a specific reason for wanting to do so, it is expensive and difficult to park and most places in the medina are only accessible by foot. Taxis are extremely affordable and walking is the mode of transport of choice for most people.
Marrakech centre called the Place J'ma El Fna is very close to Riad Papillon a leisurely stroll of 10 minutes. Safe in the day or at night as our area is near to the Pasha Palace which has a police presence 24/7.
What to do: There are so many things to do in Marrakech and its surroundings, our staff have a wealth of information and are happy to advise you on activities and excursions to suit your needs. Visit our comprehensive website for information on activities in and around Marrakech: http:// www. marrakech-riad.co.uk
There are many small shops at the top of the Derb Tizougarine and a fascinating daily fresh organic market is a few minutes walk from the riad. A supermarket is a 10 minute taxi ride from the riad. Banks are at the airport and at Place J'ma El F'na.
We are happy to arrange trips to the local hammam or the european style spa for you.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay
for 1 night
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Call +44 (0) 207 193 7357 to book. We can take cheques, PayPal or credit cards. A deposit of 50% of the full amount is due to make the reservation. The full amount can then be paid at least 30 days in advance. Enquiries can be made on our website including specific requests.
We are very flexible-if your flight arrives at 7am then provided the room is vacated and cleaned we are happy for you to use the room as soon as you arrive. Similarly when departing we would usually allow visitors to use the room until we absolutely need
Notes on prices:
These prices represent a discount of 20% to rates quoted elsewhere.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Our staff are extremely friendly and helpful. They are willing to help out as much as they can and we always feel that it is no trouble for them to do this. You will have the chance to learn a little Arabic or French or learn about the culture/religion/customs/cooking of the area as our staff are keen to share their skills and knowledge with you. We have a beautiful dipping pool, ipod docking stations, hot water bottles, air-con, heating, phones, TVs, a DVD library. We believe we have the best cook in Marrakech so try a Moroccan home cooked meal with us.”
- Guest House
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Air Conditioning
- Hair Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Outdoor Pool
- Events Allowed
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 4 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 5 - Shower Enclosure
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 11
- Jasmine room - 1 Large Double Bed, can be double or twin
- Bougainvillea room - 1 Large Double Bed, can be double or twin
- Rose room - 1 Large Double Bed, 1 Child Bed, can be double or twin, with an extra bed for a child
- Hibiscus room - 1 Large Double Bed, can be double or twin
- Geranium room - 1 Large Double Bed, can be double or twin
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: Our beds and bedding are especially important as far as we are concerned. A good night's sleep is essential and so we have used the best quality matresses available with pocket springs. Our bedding is one of the few things we have had to import as we feel that a high thread count on sheets and duvets is essential for a feel of luxury next to the skin. We have airconditioning units that also double as heaters in the winter. We also have a cosy fireplace which is lit on cold winter's nights. The Rose Room is located on the garden patio overlooking the pretty dipping pool with own seating area adjacent to pool where our mouth watering breakfast can be served if you so desire. The bed is located on a raised platform and separated from the sitting area and shower room by a romantic voile curtain that can be drawn to create further privacy which is especially convenient if you are a party of 3. All other rooms accommodate two people in either a double bed or two singles. Outside: Small dipping pool approximately 3m x 2.3m. Private for guests of Riad. Courtyard garden and garden on roof top. Small fountain on rooftop. Courtyard garden with three seating areas. Traditional Moroccan tent. Terrace with BBQ, fountain, seating areas, solarium and raised dining area. B'hou sitting room with beautiful open fireplace. Juiliette balcony seating area for two on first floor with view of courtyard. Breakfast can be taken whenever and wherever you like. Often guests choose to take breakfast on the C shaped seating area taking advantage of the gentler morning sunlight. At night time our fantastic traditional Moroccan tent can house a candlelit Moroccan feast. We have a special arrangement with a local restaurant (300 yards away) that will allow our clients to use their beautiful large pool facilities at a reduced rate when having a drink or lunch.