Villa 'Casa Roma' in Sovinjak, Motovun, Istria, Croatia - Secluded Villa in the Heart of the Countryside
The property is only a 15 minute drive from the town of Buzet, but once you arrive there you will feel as if you have left all evidence of town life far behind. It has been designed with luxury as its core value. Everything about Roma, from its interiors, furnishings, views, pool, beds and kitchen facilities is outstanding. The floors are polished concrete, the lighting and furnishing specially designed. The Massive 25 metre infinity pool stretches and allows you a view down into the valley below. If you ever wish to leave, some bicycles are provided and you are within minutes of beautiful villages and outstanding restaurants. We will, of course, help you choose restaurants, organise other activities and ensure that your stay at Casa Roma is truly unforgettable.
About the Owner
Hi, my husband, Simon, and I live in London and own and manage the lettings of our three villas in Istria, Croatia. We like to stay in at least one of them two or three times a year, with our young daughter, families and friends. When we're not staying there, I manage the rental of each of the villas, whilst also looking after our toddler! I try to provide a friendly and personalised service, for instance, we send each of our guests a comprehensive Guidebook that we and our local representative in Istria, have written together made up of all our favourite restaurants, things to do and places to see, along with useful information about nearest shops and banks and their opening times etc. We love it out there and hope that you get the opportunity to experience it to. Annabel Champ
Guestbook comments from the owner
COULD NOT HAVE BEEN HAPPIER!
My family and I couldn’t have been happier staying at Casa Roma in Croatia this past July. After a week of touring around Italy, this was the perfect place to unwind, relax and take in some majestic views. Annabel, the owner, and Caroline, the onsite property manager, couldn’t have been more helpful. They made us feel very welcome and arranged for virtually all of our needs. Istria is only a 3 hour ferry ride from Venice, although if you get seasick you might want to consider driving as the trip can get a little rocky. We took the ferry to Porec and were met by a rental car agent, although he seemed more like a guy that rents out a few cars. Bring Euro or Kuna as he doesn’t take credit cards. The cars aren’t that big so be careful not to bring too much luggage. From there it was about a 30 minute drive inland. We came to a windy single lane road and headed up and up and up. We finally found the house and Caroline was waiting inside to greet us."
Tomasz Gonera- Poland August 2014 "Many thank’s to Caroline for a warm welcome. Those 7 days at Casa Roma was fantastic. The house is very nice, but for our sons the pool was the best.
and those views...we will try to come in next summer with our friends."
Joanna McQuillan June 2014 UK "We had a fantastic week in Casa Roma. You have a very special place there."
From the Owner
“It is a peaceful place to stay with fantastic views and sumptuous food, either in the comfort of the villa, cooked by a local chef, or at the local restaurants which serve fabulous truffle pasta, baked fish and fabulous steaks. The views are stunning, the 25 meter lap lane and bikes mean that you can keep fit whilst you're there, or you can just laze in the sun and enjoy the sun set or cook yourself a BBQ. I love the big, comfy beds, the dark rooms (they all have shutters) and feel like I've properly relaxed by the time we leave.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
This villa would be a fantastic base for cycling holidays, the cycling in the area is fabulous, lots of undulating hills, flat spaces and fantastic views. The perfect setting for an Autumn or Spring cycling trip.
20-30 minute drive to a choice of coasts with swimming, sailing and diving all accessible.
We recommend flying to one of these airports and then hiring a car: Pula Airport (in Croatia) is 30 miles from our villas. Ryan Air flies there from Stansted. Monarch Airways have just launched a new service that flies between Pula and Gatwick on a Saturday. Trieste (in Italy) is 60 miles away. Ryan Air flies there daily in the Summer from Stansted from £9.99 each way. Ljublijana (in Slovenia) is 80 miles away. Easy jet flies there daily in the Summer from £35.
You are based in the country, a ten minute drive to Buzet for provisions. Restaurants range from a walk to a long cycle (or a drive to explore further afield).
We are within a short drive of the annual hot air balloon festival, a film festival and a host of cultural events.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
11 Sep 2016 - 29 Oct 2016
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
30 Oct 2016 - 31 Dec 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Please call us to discuss availability. A deposit is required to reserve a week in the villa and full payment is taken 8 weeks before you arrive.
Saturday, although we can be flexible out of season for longer bookings.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“This property is very different to most that you will find in the area as the interior is very modern. All the furniture has been brought over from Italy and is very high quality. The kitchen equipment, towels and sheets are all UK bought. You do need a car at the property but this is because it is in a lovely secluded spot and it is quick to get to the local supermarket and hill top villages where there are stunning views and places to eat.”
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Air Conditioning
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- Private Chef
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- There are 4 large bathrooms, 3 with shower and 1 with bath. Separate wc.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: 4 super king double beds. Bedroom 5 with Queen sized bed. 3 en-suite shower rooms, master bedroom has a large en-suite bathroom with bath and shower attachment. Bedroom 5 has use of a toilet and sink.
- Balcony ...
- Bicycles ...
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Garden ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The house is huge, open with tonnes of light streaming in from the massive south facing windows. The views are incredible from big spacious living areas both upstairs and down. Outside: the outside area is great for kids. Below the pool level is a 1/2 acres of lawns with a kids playground, which is kept safe with a big fence . The swings, slides and climbing frames keep our kids occupied for hours. The badminton lawn and croquet lawn are also great for the whole family . There is an outside dining area, a lounge area, various sun loungers, a BBQ and outside hob and a table tennis table. The views from the villa are absolutely spectacular across the infinity pool. We have an electric gate and enough space to park two cars securely. There is also space opposite the villa for a further two cars to be parked. Utility Room: Washing machine. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The huge Pool has big bath towels provided, we request that your bring your own beach towels . The property is cleaned thoroughly in between guests and there is a light mid week clean and towel change.