4 en-suite bedrooms, sleeps up to 12. Peaceful location next to gardens. View of Atlas peaks. Short walk to Djemaa el Fna
Situated in Quartier Riad Laarouss, just 12 minutes walk north of Djemaa el Fna, in the very heart of the ancient medina of Marrakech, Riad Arabia is an original 18th century former Moroccan merchants house.
Only available exclusively for private holiday rental this beautifully restored, luxurious and popular Marrakech home retains many original features and is tastefully furnished with rich local fabrics, hand-crafted rugs, metalwork and hand-made furniture.
Oozing with authenticity and atmosphere, the riad is a haven of peace and quiet for guests seeking a truly private retreat away from the bustling and noisy souks. Tastefully enhanced with several stylish features including a courtyard plunge pool for summer cooling and roaring log fires for winter warming, the riad has four en-suite bedrooms (two suites which can sleep 4 plus two double/twins) plus a salon/dining room and modern kitchen.
The roof terrace is a real highlight of this property with wonderful views out over the medina and of snow-capped Atlas Mountains. A caidal tent provides summertime shade and a place to unwind and relax in throughout the year.
Ideal for 4 couples or groups of friends or families, the riad comfortably accommodates and is equipped for up to 12 guests.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
Born into a family hotel business, I'm originally from East Yorkshire and have spent my life working in the travel and hospitality business - as an adventure tour guide in Africa and Asia, a rental property owner, tour operator and hotelier. I've been lucky enough to travel all over the world but now live in Marrakech.
Guestbook comments from the manager
Maison Africa met more than our expectations – a peaceful oasis of calm, serenity and tranquillity to come back to from our exploration of the nearby Medina and losing ourselves to the intrigues of its Souk. We enjoyed the splendour of your Riad, the warm and attentive care & hospitality of your dedicated staff. Jeanine - Sep 14
Maison Africa was a real find for us! Thanks Nick. We had a fabulous time. Really loved the place. I have told so many people already. Robert - Feb 2014.
As a honeymoon spot maybe a 3 bedroom luxury riad is not the obvious choice, but we wanted space, privacy, service and luxury – and Maison Africa delivered it all. The local staff were friendly and unassuming, leaving us to really feel that we had the whole place to ourselves with support whenever we needed it. Carl and Kim Nolan - July 2014.
2 holidaymaker reviews
The property was centrally located and very comfortable. The staff was excellent and responsive. Their support was a major factor in making our excursions and general touring enjoyable. I would highly recommend this property. Staying here with this staff would be great for a group of women who want to travel in and around Marakesh. Very safe property and staff to make sure you are taken care of.
Relaxing break in beautiful riad
We booked as a group of 6 ladies on our first visit to Marrakech and had the most enjoyable time at Maison Africa. From the moment we arrived we settled into our new homely surroundings and were well looked after by Mohamed, Layla and Aziz. On two nights we enjoyed delicious meals cooked by the ever-smiling Layla, and took an insightful trip to the Atlas Mountains to spend a day with Berbers. A wonderful stay and I'm sure we'll be back!
From the Owner
“Only a 3 hour low-cost flight away, Marrakech is the closest exotic African city to the UK. It is also a very welcoming and friendly destination - convenient for easy access to the Atlas Mountains, Atlantic Coast and Sahara Desert. With almost year-round sunshine Marrakech has something to offer visitors at any time of year - hot summers, warm sunny winters. After deciding Marrakech was the right place to invest in a holiday home I spent several months scouring the Medina (a fascinating World Heritage Site) for the perfect location for Riad Arabia. In the end I chose a peaceful street next to the gardens of Sidi Bouamer in Quartier Riad Laarouss. Parking and a taxi rank are just a couple of minutes walk from the riad. The souks are close by and lead to the main square of the medina - Djemaa el Fna - an easy and fascinating stroll. Riad Arabia was a perfect size riad to convert into a family-friendly home-away-from-home.”
Activity and Interests
Airlines flying to Marrakech include BA, Easyjet, Ryanair, Thomson and Royal Air Maroc. Book several months in advance for very cheap deals with low-cost carriers.
Maison Africa is located in a quiet residential area, just 200 metres walk from Rue Riad Laarouss. A short walk along Riad Laarouss leads into the bustling covered souks of Marrakech, through which you can walk to the very heart of the Medina at Place Djemaa el Fna. Others attractions located close by the riad include the Palace/Museum of Dar El Bacha, the Mosque and Medersa of Ben Youssef, and the Museum of Marrakech.
With palaces and palm groves, rose gardens, and a backdrop of the snow-capped peaks of the High Atlas mountains Marrakech is the capital of the Moroccan South, a cultural crossroads and keeper of tradition and folklore. The ancient pink-walled medina contains a wealth of rich architectural heritage, and the real highlight - Place Djemaa el Fna - is like no other square in the world!
Marrakech is a city for discerning travellers with a keen interest in culture and a couple of days is simply not enough to fully discover the wealth of attractions this city offers. The minaret of Koutoubia Mosque is the landmark and emblem of the city.
If you are considering a week's holiday or longer, you could consider combining Marrakech with a few nights in the High Atlas Mountains at Kasbah Africa, a stunning nature lodge with large family rooms.
Morocco's Atlantic Coast is little more than a 2 1/2 hour drive away. Choose from the popular Portuguese-influenced town of Essaouira (180 km), Safi (160 km) or El Jadida (190 km). There are a number of fine sandy beaches along the coast close to each of the main centres mentioned above.
A number of day trips are possible from Marrakech for travellers just spending a few days in the city. Popular options include 'A Day With The Berbers' to Kasbah Africa in the Azzaden Valley. Visit www.marrakechtours.co.uk for a full choice of day trip options.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Stay tax||£2 per night, per person. This amount will be due to the manager upon arrival. Does not apply to children under 10 years.|
A deposit of 50% of the property rental rate is payable to secure a booking. The balance is due no later than 60 days before check-in. Full payment is required if booking within 60 days of check-in.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Riad Arabia is rented on an exclusive basis so you have the whole property to yourselves. It was also the first private rental holiday home to open in Marrakech medina specifically aimed at discerning families and private groups. Whenever I stay in the riad I am always delighted to see the beauty of its Moroccan arches and our exotic courtyard palm tree, carved wood doors and serene lighting. Our bedroom suites and bathrooms are certainly bigger than those on offer in many other riads. The courtyard plunge pool is a real highlight. The rooftop terrace is unique as it is higher than our neighbours and benefits from glorious views in all directions. Last but not least, the service of our local staff is hard to beat – Aicha’s tasty dinners should not be missed!”
- Air Conditioning ...
- Fireplace ...
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Telephone ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Freezer ...
- Kitchen ...
- Oven ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Hob ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Satellite / Cable
- Television ...
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool ...
- Events Allowed
- children welcome ...
- limited accessibility
- non smoking only ...
- pets not allowed
- city centre
- botanical garden
- live theatre
- water parks
- outlet shopping
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- 250 m²
- Sahara bathroom - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Atlas bathroom - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Jacuzzi
- Atlantic bathroom - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Marrakech Bathroom - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Arabesque-style double doors open into 4 en-suite bathrooms. 1 bathroom with corner spa-bath; 1 with deep hand-built tadelakt-lined bath tub and twin brass basins; 1 with wide bath; 1 with walk-in shower and fossil basin. Each marble-lined bathroom has a shower, wash basin and toilet.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Atlas - 4 Single Bed, Two singles can combine to make king size double
- Sahara - 2 Single Bed, Two singles can combine to make king size double
- Atlantic - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, 2 Single Bed, 1 Cot
- Marrakech - 2 Single Bed, Two singles can combine to make king size double
- 4 bedrooms with air-conditioning, heating, bathrooms (3 with bathtub, 2 with rain showers), Wi-Fi & satellite TV. Rooms are decorated in traditional style with warm tadelakt colours, Fez zilege tiles, African fabrics and hand-made cedar wood furniture. All rooms have tea/coffee stations, radio/alarms, mineral water on arrival day, bathrobes, electronic safes, hair dryers and 'Le Sens de Marrakech' toiletries.
- Balcony ...
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Included in Price
- Booking Possible
- Booking Possible
- Catering available
- Riad Arabia is a high quality family house ideally suited to discerning travellers looking for an authentic and private Moroccan hideaway. Perfect for four couples, a small group of friends and ideal as a private villa for families, Riad Arabia can be rented on an exclusive basis, hiring the entire property over your choice of duration. Our experienced local host speaks fluent English and is available locally to provide information and assist with booking local activities. We have a private Moroccan cook available to prepare tasty traditional evening meals including harira soup, tajines and delicious couscous. A cot and high chair are available on request. Firewood is included in the rental price during winter months. Outdoors an Arabesque-style 'bab ed dar' opens into Riad Arabia’s courtyard from a well-lit medina street to reveal a zelige tiled fountain and plunge pool, shadowed by an exotic Draa Valley palm tree and a twin-sided three-storey Marrakech abode adorned with numerous Moroccan arches and ornate iron railings. The courtyard is an ideal place for a typical Moroccan breakfast of freshly squeezed juice, coffee, omelette, pancake or croissant serenaded by morning birdsong. The roof terrace is unique compared to many other riads in Marrakech due to its height. Standing up high, the views from the terrace of medieval minarets, High Atlas peaks and lofty date palms are unsurpassed. The terrace has a Berber tent providing shade during the day, a barbecue, a marble-topped corner bar area and four sun-loungers. Two zilege-tiled dining tables and chairs will tempt you to evenings of candle-lit dinners under a star-filled African sky. Utility Room: Just off the courtyard under the stairs which lead up to the first floor there is a WC with washbasin. Under the stairs on the first floor is a laundry area with ironing board, iron and drying rack