Villa in Dalyan, Turkey - Peaceful Location, 5 Minutes Walk to the Town Centre
Villa Emily stands in landscaped gardens with four other villas of the same style around a large free form shared pool. Whilst this villa shares the grounds with 4 other villas, they are positioned so that your terrace/balcony has privacy and does not overlook any of your neighbours (only one of the other villas is rented out to holiday makers so you usually have the pool to yourself!). A supermarket is just around the corner which sells everything from beer and wines to BBQ firelighters, and you are only a 5 minute walk to the shops, bars and amazing restaurants. The villa is air-conditioned throughout. Inside, the living area is open plan with a living room and fully fitted kitchen and dining area. There is also a downstairs cloakroom. Upstairs a roomy landing leads to the three bedrooms (1 double, 2 twin) a family bathroom and a large balcony overlooking the pool and gardens. Around the gardens is a lovely stone wall with gates to ensure the children cannot wander out of site.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
I, Phil am a Fire Officer and Janine works as a TA at Emily's school. We live in Kent.
Guestbook comments from the owner
'Dear Phil and Janine, thank you so much for a wonderful holiday. We will be back.' Dawn and Jackie.
'Hi Phil and Janine, Lovely villa, lovely people. We are coming back next year.' Denis Sullivan.
Read more of our testimonials in our guest book at the villa!
1 holidaymaker review
Home from Home! Clean, well thought out villa, even had a shopping trolley for you didnt have to carry heavy shopping. Would go back for a return visit no problem. not too far from the buzz of the town and the restaurants, have been coming to Dalyan for 15 years if its your first visit dont hesitate book this villa. Thank you!!!
From the Owner
“We came to Dalyan in 2004 and immediately fell in love with the peaceful surroundings and warm, welcoming people. We loved it so much we bought Villa Emily off plan (named after our beautiful little girl who was two at the time). We now regard Dalyan as our Turkish home and the Dalyan people as our family. We are so bewitched by this paradise we now run retreats for people to come and relax, enjoy the beauty and tranquility and renew their body, heart, mind and soul.”
Activity and Interests
Take a scenic 15 min bus ride or a 25 min boat trip past the rock tombs to the stunning shallow waters of Iztuzu (Turtle Beach), ranked one of the best beaches in the world! (number 6 we believe!). With over 5km there is always room to find your own spot. You won't find hotels or bars overshadowing this beauty spot as it is a conservation area due to the Loggerhead Turtles which have nested here since time immemorial. There are excellent facilities in the way of showers, toilets and snack bars.
After arriving at Dalaman Airport you will be pleased to know that in 25 minutes you can be cooling off in the pool. We can arrange for your very own transport to take you to your door. Car hire is available at the airport or in Dalyan itself should you feel the need to venture further afield. Mostly though, boats are the preferred method of transport, with public boats at set prices to take you where you want to go.
You can be sampling the exquisite cuisine in Dalyan's bars and restaurants within 5 mins walk from the villa. A supermarket is a 2 min walk away if you just want supplies - especially ice creams!
There are plenty of banks, free cash machines and a post office in Dalyan town centre. You will also find chemists, doctors and dentists catering for all your needs. (We can recommend a dentist if you wish to have crowns or other cosmetic work done at a fraction of the price you would pay back home). There are a range of activities available including Turkish Baths, mountain biking, sea kayaking, trekking, white water rafting, market trips, boat trips (the 12 island trip is a must!), and our favourite the Jeep safari. There are plenty of tour operators to choose from in the town but we do recommend Kaunos tours as you can rest assured they are fully insured and have properly trained, English speaking guides.
Look what David Bellamy has to say about Dalyan."...one of the most beautiful places upon this earth, feeding on the organic produce of the fields and the freshest of fish from the sea, estuary and river, living in harmony with one of the wildlife spectacles of the world, the nesting place of the great sea turtles."
Have you read 'Kaptan June and the Dalyan Turtles' yet?
Here is what the irrepressible conservationist June Haimoff has to say in her book about her struggle to keep Dalyan and the Loggerhead turtles safe from the ravages of tourism. "I shall never forget my first sight of Dalyan beach: dazzling, magnificent, it stretched away in a flawless arc, losing itself into the far distance under a summer haze. Serene, solitary and mysterious, it aroused in me a primeval chord. I wanted to rush to it and embrace it like a lover." (Printed by kind permission of June Haimoff MBE).
If you book this holiday we will send you a free copy of her book to read whilst in Dalyan, it will make you fall in love with the place and ensure you return time and time again. Ask for a copy when you book.
- Booking Notes:
Please contact Phil or Janine for details and information.
We are flexible to your holiday dates.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK pounds.
Please contact us for long terms as discounts may apply for 3 weeks or more. Transfers are not included in the rental price, but can be arranged if required.
Please note the pool is not filled from November through to end of April. It is filled in May for the summer months.
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- pets considered
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- En-suite bathroom to bedroom 1 with bath/shower, vanity unit with shaver point and mirror, wc, bidet. Bathroom with shower, vanity unit with shaver point and mirror, wc, bidet. Downstairs cloakroom with vanity unit, mirror and wc, bidet.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: All bedrooms have fitted wardrobes with large amounts of storage space, bedside cabinets and air-conditioning. Bedroom 1 with double bed, dressing room and en-suite bathroom. Bedroom 2 with twin beds. Bedroom 3 with twin beds.
- Notes on accommodation: A local English speaking company (Kaunos tours) will be on hand to help with any queries you may have. It is worth taking the time to sit back with a glass of wine or beer and flick through our visitor's book in which our guests have recounted their memorable experiences; places they have been and sights they have seen, which will help you get the most from your trip. Villa Emily has been built and maintained to a high standard and you may rest assured you will not be disappointed. Outside: The floodlit swimming pool is a large free form shape. (Phil can do about 15 front crawl strokes from one end to the other). It is shared with the 4 other villas, but we have found that most of the time it is just us that play in it! The spacious gardens are well tended - with plenty of room to lie on a sun lounger and work on your tan! The terrace has a table and chairs for those wanting to enjoy a meal watching the mountains. We are very lucky to have some fantastic wildlife at the villa - watch out for the owl (we've called him Ollie), and the hedgehog. During certain times of the year, there are storks which have a huge nest on a pole at the end of the road - very enjoyable to watch them in their nest or on their 'flight paths' off in search of food. Utility Room: Mop and bucket, hand held vacuum cleaner, clothes drier with pegs, BBQ for those wanting some outdoor cooking! Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and bedlinen are provided, also separate towels for the pool. The villa is cleaned before and after your stay unless you would like them to come in during your stay (this would be an extra cost). We usually find that this isn't necessary though. Other: The terrace area leads directly to the pool and has a table and chairs for outside dining, there are sunbeds with towels for those wanting to lounge by the pool. Upstairs the large balcony area has chairs to enjoy the evening sunshine and mountain views.