Farmhouse near Montone / Umbertide, Umbria, Italy - Ideally Situated For Visiting Historic Towns And Cities Or Simply Relaxing By The Pool
Bottale is a 19th century Casa Colonica which was originally built as a working farm on which the family raised their livestock of cattle and pigs. The house is built on the side of a hill with a south facing terrace providing magnificent, uninterrupted views across the beautiful and unspoilt Carpini valley towards the medieval village of Montone. The house is set in two and half acres of natural surroundings with two formal gardens laid to lawn and planted with native and exotic plants. The 12 metre infinity swimming pool is situated on a terrace above the house and provides uninterrupted views across the Carpini Valley to Montone. Internally, the house has been renovated to a very high standard an offers excellent facilities for relaxing and entertaining. Bottale provides easy access to local shops and markets as well as for sightseeing towns and cities such as Assisi, Perugia, Siena and Florence. The Adriatic coast is a 90 minute drive with Mediterranean being closer to 2.5 hours.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
Just to let you know how much we enjoyed our stay at Bottale. The house was excellent, having everything we could ask for and the pool is an absolute winner with the incomparable view to Montone. We will definitely recommend you to others and would like to come back ourselves at some point. BJ
Just wanted to say what a lovely time we had at the farmhouse. It is beautifully renovated & in such a stunning location.
We managed a day at the Perugia jazz festival, which was great. We also visited Assisi and Gubbio, but spent most time around the house and Montone - what a lovely town.
We will certainly recommend the house to our friends. VR
I Just wanted to say the hugest of thank yous for your generosity of spirit and wonderful taste which helped us celebrate our wedding at Bottale in an atmosphere of complete calm and beauty.
Everyone was absolutely smitten, with your home, the pool, and Montone. It was the home from home wedding we dared to wish for. Thank you. CD
Activity and Interests
The nearest beach is at Lake Trasimeno, approximately one hour's drive away. One of the most beautiful seasidebeaches is at Sirolo, on the Adriatic coast, south of Ancona, which is a 2 hour drive. The Mediterranean coast is a little further at (2.5 hours).
The nearest airport is Perugia (30 minutes) to which Ryanair have regular flights from Stansted. There are also airports at Forli (90 minutes), Ancona (2 hours), Bologna (2.5 hours), Pisa (2.5 hours) and Rome (2.5 hours).
As well as the local villages, where you will find all of your immediate needs, Bottale is well placed to explore some of the more famous towns and cities such as Perugia (45 minutes), Sienna (2 hours), Florence (2 hours), Rome (2.5 hours), Gubbio (1 hour), Urbino (1.5 hours).
Montone, awarded one of the most beautiful villages in Italy, is approximately 5km from the house and offers a very good selection of highly recommended restaurants, including Del Verziere, Erba Luna and Locanda del Capitano. It also has two delightful bars situated on the piazza together with several local shops (two grocers, a bakery and a delicatessen offering a range of good local produce). There is also a bank with cashpoint, post office, chemist, doctor and dentist. Umbertide is the nearest large town which has several supermarkets as well as its own restaurants and bars. Each Wednesday morning there is a market where you will find a wide variety of local produce including, vegetables, meats, cheeses and olives.
The region is renowned for its natural beauty and, although July and August are the hottest months, we would encourage prospective clients to consider May, June and September when the local fauna and flora are at there most resplendent.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
24 Jun 2016 - 1 Sep 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
2 Sep 2016 - 7 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Please telephone or email to check availability. A 20% deposit secures your booking with the balance payable six weeks prior to your holiday.
We prefer Friday or Saturday but we try to be as flexible as possible.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Away From It All
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Stereo ...
- Television ...
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- wheelchair inaccessible
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
- 250 m²
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 1 - shower cubicle, wash basin, bidet and wc. Bathroom 2 - bath, walk in shower with overhead shower, wash basin, bidet and wc.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Large Double Bed, 2 Cot
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 4 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 3 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8/10 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Four fully furnished double bedrooms. All bedrooms have king/superking beds. There is also a futon and two single beds which can provide additional sleeping for larger groups.
- Bicycles ...
- Notes on accommodation: Permanent WiFi Internet access is provided. Outside: Bottale is set in 2.5 acres of terraced gardens. The infinity pool is situated on the uppermost, south facing terrace and is bathed in sunshine for approximately 12 hours a day during July and August. There are two formal areas which are lawned and planted with a mixture native and exotic plants. There are also many mature trees including cypress, olive, walnut, cherry and maple. Moving away from the house the land is allowed to grow more naturally to encourage and support as much of the varied indigenous wildlife as possible. The south facing sun terrace offers magnificent, uninterrupted views across the Carpini valley towards the medieval village of Montone. The terrace is accessed from the kitchen and is equipped with dining table and umbrella for alfresco dining. These are complimented with loungers and a barbecue. Utility Room: Large room: Miele washing machine and tumble drier. Iron and ironing board. Double sink. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Fresh towels, including pool towels, and linen are provided (changed weekly). Other: Galleried reading room. Wifi internet access.