Villa in Vale do Lobo, Algarve, Portugal - Quiet Location, 5 Mins to Beach, Restaurants, Bars, Creche, Tennis Academy, Golf Club and Spa. Wi-fi
Location, location, location! Perfect for families and sporting types wanting a holiday in Vale do Lobo. 3 bed, 2 bath "Aldeamento" house in Vale do Lobo with both front and rear dining terraces on ground floor, two sun balconies on first floor and the top floor dedicated as a 'sun trap' roof terrace. Secluded location and ideal for the beautiful sandy beaches and all the other sporting and entertainment opportunities this famous 5 star resort has to offer.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
We have loads of people who will give you personal recommendations and references about the villa, Barringtons and the Vale do Lobo resort.
Needless to say, they almost invariably have a lovely holiday in plentiful sunshine (though it can rain, it hardly ever does).
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
In an age of teleworking, the villa is equipped with Wi-fi to enable guests to set up base and work from the sun deck. Why wouldn't you, if your job or profession permits?
The beautiful sandy beach at Vale do Lobo is one of the most photographed in Europe with the red clay cliffs that run along the coast (and include the world famous "over the cliffs" 16th on the Royal Course at Vale do Lobo). There are a number of laid back and unpretentious beach bars a short seaside stroll away from the restaurants and bars of the Vale do Lobo Praca.
Faro is the nearest airport, approx 20 miunutes away. Flights from UK are possible on a wide range of airlines. Seville is an alternative for those wishing to road trip from Spain.
Villa is 300m from the Praca, the social heart of Vale do Lobo with its selection of restaurants, bars, shops and live music. VdL golf courses (36 holes) and the VdL Tennis Academy (16 courts) are both walk away, but car hire is generally very cheap and recommended . There is ample parking within yards of the villa, though the villa is in a traffic-free, pedestrianised street (ideal for young ones). Algarve on the doorstep but many find VdL too hard to leave.
VdL has its own supermarket and medical centre.
The nearby town of Almancil has the full range of shops and services.
There are numerous lovely (and often very traditional markets) in nearby towns such as Loule, Quarteira, and Faro has become a relatively large town for shopping.
Inland from the resorts, you don't have to drive far to see traditional Algarve life - men on donkeys, toothless and bearded old crows selling fruit by the side of the road with old-style weights and scales/pans.
- Booking Notes:
Best to make contact directly with us. We'll normally hold provisional bookings for up to 14 days while you sort out flights etc. Thereafter it is easiest for admin if you pay all upfront, though we can certainly be flexible to suit personal circumstances.
A returnable, £300 deposit will normally be collected from any "first time" guests, but this may be waived for repeat bookers or referrals from repeat bookers (many of our friends have retruned here several times).
Flexible. Get in contact sooner rather than later. Normally works out easiest for Thursdays in Peak Season, though weekends are not uncommon throughout the rest of the year.
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Recently refurbished en-suite shower room to bedroom 1 on ground floor. Recently refurbished family bathroom with shower on first floor.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1, double bed and en suite shower room. Bedroom 2, twin beds and sun terrace. Bedroom 3, twin beds. All bedroom have fitted cupboards and separate vanity units and mirrors.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: This is a 'ready to use' villa where we intend to take away the stresses of packing golf clubs, tennis rackets, beach inflatables. This villa is now owned by the daughter of the English diplomat who originally bought it as one of the earliest developments in the Algarve, in 1973 (even before the Portuguese revolution of 1974). We have enjoyed many many family and sporting holidays ourselves over 30 years and believe we know what you want for a fun holiday in Vale do Lobo. We have previously tended to rent the villa only to family and close friends, and it is certainly more a home than a property investment. We constantly look to refine our offering and welcome feedback from any guests who go to the trouble to leave it. Outside: Front and rear patio gardens with outside dining furniture (table and six chairs). Front garden offers either sunny or shady breakfasts (there is a large tree which offers pleasant shade in the summer months). There is a charcoal BBQ which can be used by guests. Quarteira (a 20 minute walk along the beach) has an excellent fish market. Utility Room: Washing machine and tumble dryer. Golf clubs (2 sets). Tennis rackets. Beach balls, rackets, inflatables. High chairs, changing mats, baby accessories. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All bed linen and all bath towels provided. Golf clubs and tennis rackets provided. Guests only need to bring beach towels, swimmers, shades, trainers, sun cream, hats and some good books or DVDs. Twice weekly maid service provided for 2 hours. Other: The whole of the top floor is a sun trap of a roof terrace. A perfect, private tanning spot, away from all prying eyes. Air conditioning. Wi-Fi.