Villa in Rotonda West, Gulf Coast, Florida, USA - Quiet Residential Location Overlooking Canal
Relax and enjoy the laid back lifestyle on offer in our comfortably furnished, light and spacious, air conditioned home, with vaulted ceilings and fans throughout, and decorated in natural tones. All the principal rooms have glass sliding doors opening onto the screened pool area, with a generous extended sun deck and large Lanai (shaded covered porch) also with ceiling fans, which is ideal for outdoor dining or simply relaxing and observing the abundance of wildlife attracted to the freshwater canal at the end of our garden. We have regular visits of Osprey which can be seen catching fish here, along with Blue Herons, Egrets, Woodstorks, Cranes, Bald Eagles, Red Shouldered Hawks, Turtles, Armadillos, Bobcats, Racoons and Alligators, to name but a few. Strictly no smoking in the villa.
Top Traveller Review
5 star accommodation
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
We have visited Rotonda 7 times and this villa is by far the best. All the little touches really make a difference. Mr. & Mrs. F. Essex.
Wow! Wow effect as soon as we opened the door. We are lucky to stay in this home that has been finished to a very high standard, which we appreciate as interior designers ourselves. For us a beautiful and clean home is part of our holiday. Our return to Englewood after 5 years was made more perfect in your home. Mr. & Mrs. G. Leics.
We had a fabulous stay in this beautiful Villa, lots of little touches make it more enjoyable! Beautiful pool too. Sorry to have to leave this wonderful villa, setting, beaches and weather. we will be back. Mr. & Mrs. L. Notts.
The tranquil location of the villa was just what we needed to unwind. the pool and it's outlook on the river, with it's wonderful birdlife will be much missed. Mr. & Mrs. M. Kent
4.7 based on 12 holidaymaker reviews
5 star accommodation
Loved every single minute of our two week holiday at this stunning villa, quite the best one we have stayed in at Rotonda over the 20 years we have been holidaying in the area. Would highly recommend to anyone who wishes to have a most enjoyable, peaceful and relaxing holiday in the most tranquil of surroundings. Everything was just pristine and Colin and Greta were extremely helpful throughout the whole booking process and right up until our return to London. Absolute perfection. Bernadette and Stephen
FIVE STARS IS NOT ENOUGH
What a shame we can only award this villa five stars!! We discovered this villa some years ago after many holidays on Rotonda, and our very first impression then was, Wow.... Wow.... Wow, which has never diminished, as each time we return the villa still looks brand new. The quality and standard to which the villa is equipped, cleaned and maintained, down to the very last detail, is quite exceptional and a credit to the owners.
It has a very large sunny pool deck from where we love observing the wildlife along the river. Local shops, restaurants and beaches are a short drive away, and all you need for the beach is here. In this day and age it is refreshing to deal with people of such integrity as Colin and Greta. We simply cannot fault the whole experience, and will be returning!!
Look no further - this is the one to book!
I stayed in this villa with my husband for 10 days and we had a wonderful time. The villa is very clean, extremely well equipped and comfortable and is in a very peaceful location. It is situated very close to some fabulous beaches - Boco Grande and Manisota Key, and Siesta Key is well worth a visit - paradise. The villa has everything you could wish for - big comfy beds, loads of space, great linen, everything you need in a kitchen, large, clean pool and huge deck, a great gas BBQ and two bikes - even the garage is stocked with items for the beach! Colin and Greta provide excellent customer service - what more can I say? Would definitely recommend and hope to return.
Excellent accommodatio at a very high standard
We have stayed in the owner's previous villa 3 times and this was the first at Boundary Boulevard. The villa is in excellent condition and fully equipped. The area is great for cycling and the villa provides 2 good bikes which we used extensively. There are no villas immediately to either side, so the Lanai, pool and decking area are very peaceful. Fantastic break in a super area. Don't want to say too much more as it is already competitive to book this villa, which says it all!
A Five Star Plus Villa
We have enjoyed lots of previous visits to this villa, and have already booked our 2016 visit, as this is the best one we have stayed at in 15 years visiting the area. Having such a peaceful location and wonderful aspect, along with the quality and exceptional cleanliness of the whole place (both indoors and out) also being very well equipped throughout. The huge pool deck and large pool looking over the canal can be very difficult to drag yourselves away from. For beach visits everything here is also provided. It is always a pleasure to deal with Colin and Greta and we have no hesitation in highly recommending this villa even to the most discerning (like us) of travellers, we can't wait to return!
From the moment you walk through the door of this beautiful villa you will take a deep breath and relax. Everything you need for indoor and outdoor living is here. Comfortable well kept furniture and quality linens and towels with little extras are waiting for you. The whole place is spotless.
The extra large pool is wonderful for swimming and cooling off in and should you tire of this then the wonderful beaches of Boca Grande and Stump Pass are a few miles away.
Within easy distant to fantastic shopping (every girls dream - guys don't forget the wallet) and good restaurants.
Each time we arrive at this villa instantly we feel at home.
Once again thank you Colin and Greta for your care and attention and sharing your home.
Activity and Interests
World class beaches are all along the South West Gulf Coast, the nearest two or three being a 12 - 15 minute drive away, and more within 30 - 35 minutes. Never seem to get very busy. Visits to Marco, Sanibel and Captiva Islands, along with Siesta Key, Long Boat Key and Anna Marrie Island, to name just a few, are a very comfortable day's outing.
We drive to/from Orlando International Airport in just under 2 hours 30 minutes. Tampa is about 1 hour 45 minutes. Ft. Myers and Sarasota/Bradenton about 1 hour. Miami almost 4 hours.
The nearest large supermarket is Winn-Dixie, a 5 minute drive, with a choice of three Publix stores from 10 to 15 minutes drive.
Englewod is our nearest town with stores such as WalMart, Beals, Office Depot, Dollar Tree being about 5 miles away.
Venice and Port Charlotte are about 16 miles with shopping Malls, and all the major retail names you could think of, along with a seemingly endless supply of family type restaurants.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Jul 2017 - 30 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
1 Oct 2017 - 30 Jun 2018
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
We require completion of our booking form naming all guests, along with a deposit of £100 for each week booked. The balance becomes due 8 weeks before your arrival date, along with a security deposit of £150 to hold against any damage or additional cleaning required. This will of course, be returned in full after departure if all is well with our home.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK Pounds, to include, Utilities, National phone calls (all of US and Canada). Gas BBQ; Wi Fi; (just bring your laptop). End of stay clean. (except one week bookings which have an additional £60.00 cleaning charge) Electric pool heating is an additional £60 per week if required.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- En-suite bathroom to master has seperate wc, over-sized marble tub, large walk in shower, twin sink marble vanity, hairdryer. Second bathroom serves the two guest bedrooms, having wc, bath with shower over, marble vanity, hairdryer, door out to pool area
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master en-suite bedroom with glass sliding doors out. King size (6' 6") bed, Mirrored dresser, bedside drawers, lamps. 26" LCD TV/DVD, Walk in closet. Guest bedroom with sliding glass doors out. Queen (5') bed, 22" LCD TV, Closet. Third twin bedroom.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The double garage is fitted with remote and coded keypad electric door opener. Contains two adult bicycles for exploring Rotonda and (for the energetic) beyond. Beach chairs, beds, Cool box and brolly. A "welcome pack" of basic grocery items of your choice can be provided on request for your arrival and charged to you at cost locally. just let us know at least seven days before your arrival date. Outside: This is where we spend most of our time when in Florida. Our home is on a large landscaped lot, having an open aspect and not being overlooked gives a sense of being secluded, but not remote. The large (62' x 20') mesh screened pool deck area houses the 30' x 15' lagoon shaped pool. (heatable by electric) The 29' x 10' lanai (covered porch), provides shade when you choose, with ceiling fans for a cooling breeze! Equipped with gas BBQ, dining table, chairs and loungers for your comfort. Utility Room: Across the hall from the kitchen. Laundry tub, large capacity washing machine, dryer, iron, ironing board, vacuum cleaner, mini vac, first aid kit, cool box. Hi speed internet wireless router is located here. Access to double garage. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All bedlinen, kitchen, bath and beach towels are provided. Cleaning service prior to, and after (not during) your visit is included in rates (Unless any additional cleaning is deemed necessary by our management) Welcome packs can be provided on request. Other: Formal dining room area with glass topped table and arched window to front aspect. Large second dining nook off the kitchen (seats six) overlooking the pool through a huge 'aquarium' style bay window, with glass sliding doors to pool & outdoor dining area