Apartment in Roquetas de Mar, Almeria, Spain - Set Within An Attractive Gated Complex, 600m From Beach And Golf Course
This is a light and airy, dual aspect, 1 bedroom first (top) floor air conditioned apartment within a short walk of the beach and golf course. The attractive gated complex has a large communal swimming pool and secure car parking with remote controlled gates. There is a balcony for watching the world go by and a private roof terrace which is a true sun trap and ideal for any bashful sunbathers as it is not overlooked. The side aspect of the apartment overlooks a childrens playground and just beyond are shops. There are two banks, two small supermarkets, an internet shop, a pharmacy, a hardware store, and a cafe bar restaurant. The balcony is also dual aspect, offering views over the playground as well as the straight route towards the beach, where there are more restaurants and bars which are a good mix of English and Spanish.
About the Owner
We are Danny & Helen Murphy and live in Crawley, West Sussex with our young family. We've owned the apartment since 2005. We were renting to long term tenants for a few years before we started renting to holidaymakers.
We also jointly own a self-built B&B house an hour from Roquetas. It is run by Danny's brother, who also takes care of the apartment in Roquetas, sorts keys and offers transport to and from the airport. The house and its volcano and the ancient touristic village of Nijar are well worth a visit.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Previous guests have remarked how suitable the complex is for people with children, as its child friendly gardens are securely walled with exits/entrances only via keyed gates and a reception house. Others have also mentioned how much better these apartments are for holidays as that is what they were originally built and designed forFor instance other apartments don't normally have a reception service which can be so useful when you are in another country and don't know the area. Many guests also mention how great the pool is and how much they love the private roof terrace.
"The apartment was in a very good location and would have been suitable for a young family. The beach was only a short walk away and good access by bus & walk to Roquetas town centre and to Almeria."
"We had a lovely time at the apartment and were extremely pleased that it had aircon which is a major plus. The whole complex was well kept and maintained with the right level of security."
1 holidaymaker review
Bad customer service
Trying to get our deposit back is like trying to get blood out of a stone,,the owner was quick to contact me when i was paying to rent the apartment..No contact now i am asking for my deposit refunded.
From the Owner
“The main thing for us is the friendly community of English and Spanish there. Everyone is so welcoming and the cost of living is considerably lower than it is in England. One day we may end up living there!”
Activity and Interests
The complex is approximately 600 metres from the beach. The whole area is very flat which makes the short 10 minute stroll to the beach very easy. The 10km beach is uncrowded and has a wide paved promenade along its entire length with great restaurants and bars.
Regular flights from the UK via Easyjet from Gatwick, Ryanair from Stansted, Monarch from Manchester/Birmingham, BMI from East Midlands. Almeria airport is about 30 minutes from the apartment. We can offer a pick up service from the airport or you can easily hire a car there.
The beaches, restaurants and shops are within easy walking distance so a car is not a necessity. A bus service from outside the apartment takes you into the shopping centre of Roquetas or on to Almeria city and beyond.
There is a real variety of things to see and do in the area. From wonderful beaches to watersports, historical sites to shopping, there is something for everyone. As well as sun, sea and sand there are plenty of sports to take part in, such as watersports, a water park, go-karting, an aquarium and golf. There are bikes for hire as well as 3/4/or 5 seater family bikes. For those who prefer the easy option there is a land-train that goes past the apartment.
For those who like shopping there is the Gran Plaza shopping centre in the centre of Roquetas, or many open air markets in the surrounding villages. On the next street there are many tourist/gift shops.
Historical sites such as the castle at Roquetas, Almeria's 16th century cathedral or the Alhambra Palace in Granada are worth a visit.
Bird-watchers can see flamingos and egrets at the Las Marinas salt marsh and Punta Entinas beaches a few miles south of Roquetas.
The desert around Roquetas has been used to film many Spaghetti Westerns and there is a Western based theme park and animal zoo at Mini-Hollywood.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Dec 2016 - 31 Dec 2016
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£75|
We request a £75 deposit payable within 10 days of booking. This secures your booking and is a damages deposit and will be refunded on your return, however if the booking is cancelled for any reason this will not be refunded. Similarly only the balance will be refunded if there are any breakages. Payment in full is due 8 weeks prior to your trip. Prices are based on 2 people sharing. There is an extra charge of £2.50 per person per night for extra guests to cover the extra laundry costs.
Changeover days are flexible, however we need at least 24 hours between bookings in order the the apartment to be cleaned.
Refundable security deposit payable within 10 days of placing booking.
Full amount due 8 weeks prior to date of booking.
Payments can be made by bank transfer or by cheque.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“This apartment is well situated, just far enough away from the busy shops and restaurants, yet still within easy walking distance. Everything you could need is there. You don't really need a car but if you have one there is secure parking inside the walls of the complex. The remote controlled gates make using a car so much more convenient and there are always sufficient parking spaces. Our daughters particularly love the children's playground, often gazing at it from the apartment window until we give in and take them there to have a great time - the ideal thing to do before bedtime to burn off that extra energy!”
- Holiday Complex
- Air Conditioning ...
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- wheelchair inaccessible
- near the sea
- naturist beach
- water parks
- bird watching
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Bidet
- Bathroom with wc, bidet, bath with shower over, large mirror and extractor fan.
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 5
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 2/5 + baby (1 Bedroom) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with twin beds, fitted wardrobes with drawers and hanging space, TV & DVD player, ceiling fan, gas heating.
- Balcony ...
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The sofa bed opens into 2 single beds which can be used separately or put together as a double. An extra z-bed and a travel cot are available upon request. There is an iron and ironing board, a clothes airer and a separate fan available. Directly opposite the apartment is a childrens' playground suitable for children up to the age of around 8 years. Nearby is a small supermarket, a pharmacy, 2 banks, a Spanish coffee bar restaurant, a hardware store. Outside: The large communal pool is surrounded by a lovely grass area. There are sunbeds, showers and toilets available. The pool has a security gate opened via a magnetic key. This is to ensure only tenants of the complex have access. It is because tenants from other hotels were using it as it is the best pool in the area. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bedding and towels are supplied. Please bring your own towels for use around the pool, on the roof terrace and at the beach. The apartment will be cleaned at the beginning and end of your stay. Other: Our private, secluded roof terrace is accessed via a set of stairs and is perfect for a spot of sunbathing as it is not overlooked. It is equipped with sun loungers and a shower for cooling off. There is a blow up paddling pool with pump available to use.