Apartment in Hastings, Barbados, Caribbean - 5 Mins to Beach, Gated Community
20 minutes from airport, 10 minutes from Bridgetown, situated on south coast in prestige block of flats. Excellent restaurants within walking distance and close to beaches and main road. 2 bedrooms/2 baths in modern high class development, surrounded by rich vegetation including own banana trees. Pool 10 yards from front door, plenty of parking space and office help available 24/7. Shops close by, huge kitchen and lounge area, cable TV and regular maid service provided. Exceptionally quiet but only ten minutes drive to nightlife area in St Lawrence Gap.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
We have never met such genuinely friendly island people. We are already planning another trip - the Awesome Foursome,Berwick, Nova Scotia. We will miss Barbados, but we will be back - Derek and Stef Farmer, Bembridge, Isle of Wight.
Apartment first class, a prime location - Ray and June, Sittingbourne, Kent.
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Barbados has everything for water sport enthusiasts. Snorkeling, diving, sailing and deep-sea fishing are all available close to the flat.
The nearest beach at Rockley is a five minute walk along the Boardwalk opposite our apartment and is one of the most popular on the south coast. The other side of Bridgetown, 20 minutes by car or bus, lies the west coast with 10 miles of golden Caribbean beaches. The east coast, the Atlantic side, is ideal for wind-surfing.
Grantley Adams is the international airport and it is 20 minutes drive from the flat. There are plenty of car hire opportunities via yellow pages or can be hired in advance online to meet you at the airport.
Bridgetown, the capital, is 20 minutes away by bus, car or taxi. Barbados has plenty of places to visit and there are numerous guides to help visitors make the right choices for the wide variety of interests. Shops are 2 minutes walk and bigger supermarkets available at Worthing (10 minutes drive) to provide full European and American shelves plus local cuisine and tastes.
Banks are open normal hours and there are plenty in Lanterns, a new shopping Mall nearby and throughout the island. Restaurants offer local Barbadian food, European and American favourites and others with high class international reputations. Guests speak glowingly of Tapas, Pisces, The Fish Pot and many, many others. Wine is imported not expensively from all over the world and Banks Beer is very refreshing. The rum is of course the world's best, the product of the sugar canes which rise all across the island. There are activities for all tastes to include all kinds of water sports, fishing, golfing and walking, bird-watching and cricket-watching at the world-famous Kensington Oval in Bridgetown. There are old colonial homes to visit, open to the public via the National Trust, and renowned Harrison's Caves. The east side of this diverse island is a wild contrast to the calm of the Caribbean west while the south is busy and lively with plenty of exciting restaurants and not forgetting the horse racing at Garrison Savannah on the south coast near Bridgetown.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
12 Jul 2016 - 15 Aug 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Please book at the above address via email, phone or letter. 10 % deposit required and dates on request. Rest of payment 6 weeks before departure.
Arrival and departure dates are flexible depending on availability.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Heated Pool
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Bath and shower in both bathrooms, fully tiled. Separate wc.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed. Bedroom 2 with double bed. Bedroom one en-suite, second bedroom with bathroom adjacent. Both rooms have large fitted wardrobes, chests of draws and air-conditioning.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: The heated pool is less than 6ft deep at most and there is life saving equipment next to it. Air-conditioning is available in all rooms. Children under supervision are welcomed. Outside: The patio area contains a large, newly-installed table suitable for meals with 4 large chairs. This leads on to a small individual garden and that leads to the communal heated pool area. There are several sun loungers with large umbrellas and tables. The pool is rarely busy. It is about 60 feet long and 20 wide. Utility Room: Washing machine and tumble drier, ironing board and iron. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Flat is cleaned by maid once a week, all linen towels to include beach towels are provided. Other: Gas barbecue available for outdoor use. Beach.