Delightful apartment. Stunning marina views. Private access to pools and sunbathing area (20m), 2 mins walk to beach
Overlooking the colourful marina, it has stunning views across the beautiful Marina and the blue Mediterranean Sea beyond.The marina with its palm fringes and its range of bistros, restaurants and shops are easily accessed from this apartment as are the shared pools and the fine local beaches. Additionally the apartment is within easy reach of two good, local golf courses, with the more prestigious courses of Valderrama, Sotogrande and San Roque etc only half an hour away. Puerto de Duquesa lies on the edge of some of the most splendid mountain scenery and National Parks in Andalucia. The historic towns of Seville and Ronda and the delightful mountain White Villages are readily accessible. All holiday requirements are catered for here; from relaxing sunbathing and swimming, through to sight-seeing and shopping, eating out and evening entertainment.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Bird watching day tours to local sites for specific Mediterranean species available for both experienced and novice birdwatchers. Independently or in conjunction with the above, visits to local cultural and historical centres such as Ronda, Seville, Gibraltar and National Parks are available. Rambles in the nearby mountains and valleys can be arranged and led.
The beach can be accessed directly from the ground level pool. It is sandy, clean, uncrowded and good for relaxing and safe for families. The boulder breakwaters provide great rock pooling areas where children can search for small fish, crabs and other sea creatures.
The main airport is Malaga at 55 minutes drive with easy access and car hire facilities. Gibraltar is nearer at 30 minutes with car hire available from Gibraltar or just over the border in La Linea. Also day-trips to Ronda, Seville etc are available – see Special Interest Section. For those wishing to spend more time exploring inland car hire is recommended.
Approximate driving times by the N340 coast road from Puerto de la Duquesa: Eastwards - Estepona 15 mins, Puerto Banus 25 minutes, La Cañada Shopping Centre (north Marbella) 30 mins, Marbella 35 mins, Malaga Airport 1 hour 10 mins Westwards - Sotogrande 15 mins, Gibraltar 30 mins (not including border crossing times), Tarifa 45 mins.
Using other inland roads to these towns: Ronda via Marbella up to 1 hour 30 mins, Seville - 2 hours 30 mins, Granada 2hrs 30m.
The Costa del Sol generally is famous for its coastal resorts and golf courses, all of which are easily accessible from Puerto de Duquesa. Marine activities available locally include swimming, sailing, windsurfing, sea fishing, whale and dolphin watching and relaxing on the beach. The entertainment possibilities of this stretch of the Costa del Sol are limitless and range from Selwo Wildlife and Adventure Park, through the multitude of clubs, restaurants and bars, to the exciting (and frightening if you are an adult!) water parks at Torremolinos etc.
Along the coast to the east are the towns of Estepona, Puerto Banus and Marbella with a wide range of clothing and accessory shops. To the west lie Sotogrande, Algecirus and Tarifa, where visits to Africa take only 35 minutes by hydrofoil. Gibraltar with its British heritage and duty-free shopping, is thirty minutes away.
Puerto de la Duquesa lies on the edge of some of the most splendid mountain scenery and National Parks in Andalucia. The picturesque White Villages of Casares, Gaucin and numerous others can be reached by breathtaking drives from Manilva and Estepona. The historic Moorish town of Ronda is approximately an hour and a half’s drive inland. Additionally there is an exciting rail journey to Ronda through numerous gorges from San Roque.
The port of Duquesa itself has a wide range of amenities available, including bars, restaurants, shops, banks, supermarkets, beauty salons, fitness centre, pharmacies and clinics. Most of these are bi-lingual.
- Booking Notes:
When booking a 30% deposit is required with the balance due 5 weeks prior to arrival. There is also a returnable breakages deposit of £100.
The changeover day is flexible depending on prior bookings.
Arrival time at the apartment is after 4pm and departure by 10.30am on the last day. If there are no other guests on the same arrival/departure days this is also flexible.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK pounds. 5/6 persons plus extra £25 per person per week.
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- near the sea
- bird watching
- horse riding
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- equestrian events
- mountain climbing
- pier fishing
- bay fishing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- The en-suite bathroom to the master bedroom has a bath with a shower over, a wash-basin, bidet and WC. There is a separate bathroom, with bath and shower over, wash-basin and WC.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4/6 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: The master bedroom is airy and spacious with ample built-in wardrobes and sliding doors and again overlooks the marina and coast. The 2nd bedroom has twin beds, built-in wardrobe and a window with views over the marina.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The apartment has air-conditioning/heating and is suitable for all ages (very young children should be supervised on the balcony). The block has both stairs and lifts and secure underground parking. There are two pools, with the upper one on the same level as the apartment and literally only seconds away plus a second larger pool in an attractive garden setting at ground level. A gate leads from this pool/garden area onto the beach. The main entrance to the apartment block leads onto the marina. Outside: The lounge leads out through double sliding doors onto a good sized balcony with wide views of the marina and the coast along to Marbella. On the terrace is a table and 4 chairs. Utility Room: A door leads from the kitchen into a small utility room with hot-water heater, washer-dryer, ironing board and airing facilities. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All linen and bedding is provided except for beach towels. Energy costs are included in the price.