Townhouse in Albunuelas, Lecrin Valley, Granada, Andalucia - Village Location, Walking, Skiing and Golf Nearby
Casa Terrazas is a spacious townhouse in Albunuelas in the Lecrin Valley. Accommodation is on two levels with a large lounge/diner, well fitted kitchen and a cloakroom on the ground floor with a double bedroom, twin bedroom and a bathroom on the first floor. Air conditioning / heating is available. Outside there are two terraces. The house is part of a small complex with a secure garage and a shared swimming pool (8.5m x 2.5m). It is situated on the south facing slope of Sierra Albunuelas and there are magnificent views over the gorge. Albunuelas village is a short walk and is a typical traditional Spanish “white” agricultural village. There are several shops, bakers, bars and restaurants – all with a very Spanish character. The main highway linking Granada to the Costa Tropical is only 15 minutes away and this gives access to the city of Granada with the Alhambra and other famous sites and equally fast access to the coast and the resorts of Salobrena and Almunecar
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
(2 traveller reviews)
La casa muy bien situada, en un valle y puedes conocer muchos sitios alrededor.
La propiedad está muy bien, limpia, amplia y confortable. Bien situada. Hemos pasado unos días inolvidables.
La recomendaría a un familiar o amigo.
Hemos ido a conocer las Alpujarras, Lanjaron, Granada, Salobreña, Nerja y Almuñecar.
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
There is lots of opportunity for walking in the area with beautiful mountain views. There are organisations which arrange guided trips or provide maps and route plans.
In the village, there is a business which can arrange horse riding.
On the coast (La Herradura) there is a diving school.
The Costa Tropical is significantly less than one hour's drive from the house. The resorts of Salobrena, Almunecar and La Herradura are most well known. These are frequented by predominantly Spanish holidaymakers as well as other Europeans and are a pleasant change from many of the Costa del Sol resorts!
Both Almunecar and Salobrena have castles and old towns with narrow winding streets containing lots of shops, bars and restaurants.
The nearest airport is at Granada, about 30 minutes drive. Flights, at the time of writing, included, Gatwick and Stansted in the UK and a number of other cities around Europe.
Malaga airport is less than 2 hours drive away (mostly good motorway standard). This is a major international airport with flights throughout Europe and further afield.
Albunuelas has a bus service to Granada which runs a few times a day.
Albunuelas village centre is about 10 minutes walk with the nearest small supermarket about 5 minutes. Villages lower down the valley are all within 5 to 15 minutes drive.
Granada is 30 minutes drive and the Costa resorts less than one hour drive time.
The Alpujarras gateway (Llanjarron) is about 20 minutes drive and other villages along the route are a further one hour, approximately.
Local shops include small supermarkets, bakers etc. White vans tour the village throughout the day selling bakery, fish meat etc.
Thursday morning is market day in the village square with local fruit and vegetable produce and clothing primarily.
There are several bars in the village with at least two offering restaurants facilities. Food is plain but good and the atmosphere is excellent.
There are many more restaurants, bars and shopping facilities in villages down the valley. Some of these restaurants reach a very high standard and are well worth a visit.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 May 2017 - 30 Jun 2017
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
My Standard Rate
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A deposit of 25% is required to confirm the booking. The remaining balance is required 8 weeks before the start of the holiday.
Cancellations can be made up to the time of payment of the final balance. The deposit will be returned less any charges or costs.
Notes on prices:
Discounts available for multiple weeks and long lets (summer or winter). Please contact the owner.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Air Conditioning
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- autumn foliage
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Bidet
- The upper floor bathroom has a hand basin, bidet, WC and bath with shower over. A hairdryer is available. Downstairs is a small bathroom with WC and hand basin.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: The master bedroom has a king size bed, small wardrobe, plenty of drawer space and has patio doors opening onto a small balcony. The second bedroom is a twin with wardrobe and plenty of drawer space. Both bedrooms have air conditioning/heating.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Max. occupancy: 4
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- children welcome
- Outside: The house has two terraces, one at the entrance door and one through the patio doors from the master bedroom. A table and 4 chairs are provided for the terraces. There is a shared pool (8.5m x 2.5m) which is regularly and professionally maintained. Two loungers and a sun umbrella are provided for the pool seating area. This is south facing, a real sun trap with a magnificent view over the valley. A secure communal garage is located under the house with a reserved parking space. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The property is serviced by a local company. Towels and linen are provided and changed weekly. You will be met at the property and given a tour of facilities etc. This is normally at 4.00pm but may be changed. Please bring your own beach/pool towels.