Village Farmhouse Nr. Dinan, Brittany, France - 10 Mins Medieval Dinan - Beaches 25 mins - Reduced rates for couple (+ kids) out of high season.
Kermaudan Farmhouse is a large oak-beamed stone property, with attractive, enclosed south-facing courtyard and garden, private 7.5m (above-ground) pool and barbecue/decking area. The lounge and kitchen/diner are both very large rooms with plenty of seating for large parties
There are many marked cycle/walking paths around the village. It is a 3 min stroll to the pretty village of Plumaudan with a wonderful boulangerie, a mini market, chemist, doctor's surgery and bar. The sport's ground has both a full-sized football pitch and a 5-aside astroturf pitch.
Stunning medieval Dinan with its ramparts, restaurant-lined harbour and supermarkets is 8 miles north and the beautiful beaches of the Cotes D'Armor - Dinard, St Briac, St Jacut to name a few, are only 25 minutes away. Bourbansais Zoo and Chateau, Cobac Adventure Park, and three highly-rated golf courses are all within a 30 mins drive. Lake Betineuc - with fishing and a river beach with cafe on site - is only 5 miles away
Top Traveller Review
Week at Kermaudan
About the Owner
We have holidayed in France for many years and moved here in 2002 with our young children.The space, medieval Dinan, the empty roads, the welcoming locals, beautiful coastline and, of course, cuisine, were all strong reasons for the decision to make our home here.
Guestbook comments from the owner
"We would like to say that we loved staying in your beautiful house in a fabulous part of the world; you really have chosen a terrific spot to live. So thanks for being so helpful, we had a really fun holiday and shall be recommending you to anybody who asks." Adam, Melissa 8 June 2009.
"Home safely after a wonderful holiday at your home. We could not believe the weather was so good. Thank you again for your hospitality."
Keith & Janet, August 2009.
"We all agreed that your house was really perfect and the surrounding
countryside just stunning. We loved Dinan and would love to come back to
Brittany and spend some more time exploring. Nothing was ever too much trouble and you really made a great holiday even more perfect".
Barbara W, South Africa (June 2011)
"We had a fantastic time at the cottage and thought it was a fantastic set up. You were a great host and we really appreciated your help with Rob's car breaking down!" Rachel, Bournemouth (July 2011)
4.7 based on 3 holidaymaker reviews
A lovely holiday home in Brittany.
We had a lovely week in Brittany. The house is well equipped and spacious and we very much enjoyed the sunny garden. The pool is ideal for youngsters and very safe. It is also well located for visits to Dinan, Dinard, St Malo and Le Mont St Michel and the wonderful beaches just west of Dinard. The owners - Mike and Jane - live next door and they are both welcoming and helpful.
Week at Kermaudan
Our party of 8 had a most enjoyable week at Kermaudan at the end of July. We loved the character farmhouse and this district in Brittany which provides a lot to do and some outstanding beaches. The reasonable weather enabled most of us to swim each day in the pool and sometimes in the sea; and local walks were enjoyed by the more active members of our party. The proprietors Mike and Jane were particularly friendly and helpful.
What a wonderful farmhouse, full of character, every thing we had hoped for. We have had a fantastic time, the house was lovely and clean with everything we needed. We enjoyed the bbq's in the lovely garden and the pool was a bonus always well maintained. We loved the village, it was great to get our fresh bread in the morning's and have a wine in the local bar !! There are many lovely places to visit nearby, Dinan is a must and we enjoyed Cap Frehel and the surrounding coast line. Mike and Jane were the perfect hosts and the welcome pack was much appreciated. All in all a perfect week for us five adults, thank you Mike and Jane !
From the Owner
“The Dinan area is so accessible, with two airports (Dinard and Rennes, both within 30 mins) which service Stansted and East Midlands..and Southampton, Leeds, Manchester, Edinburgh, Exeter, Dublin respectively. There is, of course, St Malo port - 40 mins drive. Also, the capital of Brittany is only 30 mins away.”
Activity and Interests
There is something for everyone on the coastline, which is no more than 25 minutes away - sweeping long sandy beaches at Dinard, St Jacut, St Lunaire and Pen Guen (St Cast), to rocky coves and inlets at St Briac, Lancieux. There's a beach to suit every time of day and position of the sun.
The lovely harbour at Cancale has rows of top quality fish restaurants and St Malo 'intra muros' has street theatre and music all season. Dinard and St Malo can be reached by boat from the port at Dinan.
St Malo, 35 mins. Le Havre, 150 mins. Caen, 120 mins. Dinard Airport, 25 mins (Stansted, East Midlands). Rennes Airport, 35 mins (Southampton, Manchester, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Dublin, Belfast, Exeter, Newcastle).
Dinan is 10 mins away, Rennes the capital of Brittany is 30 mins and Mont St Michel (the second most visited attraction in France after the Eiffel Tower) is only 40 mins. Attractive historical town Combourg and Dol de Bretagne are only 30 mins journey.
Hypermarkets Leclerc, Carrefour and Lidl are all a 10 minute drive from the house - direction Dinan. There is a bar/tabac in the village which is open late. The supermarkets do not shut at lunchtime but most other shops do.
Please note the boulangerie and mini market are open until 1pm on Sundays but are both closed on Mondays.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
To secure a booking a 25% deposit is payable with the balance due no less than 6 weeks prior to the start of the holiday. Cancellation insurance with your insurer is recommended upon booking. A £100 security deposit is payable with the final balance, which is returnable within a week, after the gite has been checked. Check-in on arrival is from 4pm and check-out should be achieved by 10 am.
Changeover is generally Saturdays but other days may be considered upon request.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK Pounds. Out of season, Bed and Breakfast can be arranged with prior notice (Price on application - minimum 3 nights). Long winter lets along with long weekend and 4/5 day breaks, will be considered.
25% upon reservation following by the balance (plus security deposit of £100) 6 weeks prior to the holiday.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“- 10 mins from Medieval Dinan - 25 mins to stunning beaches. - Pretty Plumaudan village only a 2 minute walk away - Private swimming pool. - The Farmhouse is huge and never feels cramped.”
- horse riding
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- freshwater fishing
- 140 m²
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1 (bath/shower, double washbasins - opposite Bedrooms 1 and 2). Bathroom 2 (bath/shower, wc, washbasin - opposite Bedrooms 3 and 4). Bathroom 3 (shower, wc, washbasin - opposite Bedroom 5) Separate WC (opposite bedrooms 1 and 2).
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Double Bed, 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2 - 2 Child Bed, This is a children's bunk bed room
- Bedroom 3 - 2 Single Bed, Large twin room overlooking the courtyard
- Bedroom 4 - 1 Single Bed
- Bedroom 5 - 1 Double Bed, 1 Single Bed, Large room with Double bed +Single bed suitable for a child
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10+. 5 Bedrooms (Suits max 7/8 adults) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 (standard double with double bed - sleeps 2). Bedroom 2 (bunk beds - sleeps 2 children). Bedroom 3 (large room with twin beds - sleeps 2). Bedroom 4 (single bed - sleeps 1). Bedroom 5 (large room with double bed and single bed - sleeps 3).
- Notes on accommodation: Heating is by electric wall-mounted heaters and 2 wood burners. The stairs leading to the second floor (bedroom 5) are open tread. The house provides flexible accommodation in that there is a dividing door between bedrooms 1/2 and bedrooms 3/4/5 - so privacy among a large party can be achieved with separate accommodation in each side of the house. There is also a hallway on the Ground Floor between the lounge and kitchen/diner which allows for an evening to continue in one part of the house without disturbing children or other members in your party. Outside: There is a pleasing courtyard area, perfect for boules/pétanque with garden of similar size, covering an area of approx 600 m2, all enclosed with the private use of a 7.3m x 3.7m steel-framed above-ground pool (open end May - mid Sept), which is accessed from the south-facing decking area and barbecue. There are lamps lighting the courtyard. There is also garden furniture, a garden bench and swings. The village church dominate the view from the garden. Off-road parking area for up to 4 cars is next to the garden. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bedlinen is included (towels are not included) High chair and travel cot are available for use (but please bring bedding as this is not supplied).