|Space||645 sq. ft.|
|Minimum Stay||7 nights|
'Chalet le Meleze', an old but modernised chalet, sits in lovely grounds of a private 'residence' of some 12 chalets, with splendid views across St Jean de Sixt and the verdant valley down to Thones. 1 hour from Geneva, it is 3 minutes' drive to la Clusaz and 10 minutes to Grand Bornand. In winter, the ski buses to both resorts stop regularly by the entrance to the residence. The chalet is well-situated for skiing and boarding in winter and hiking, mountain biking, climbing, and paragliding in summer - or for a quiet weekend getaway out of season. Sailing is available on Lake Annecy, 30 minutes' away or Lac du Bourget a little further. There is much to see and do all around and the area, although offering well-developed sporting facilities, remains unspoiled and still very French. All villages are still working and farming communities. Nearby Annecy, known as the Venice of the north, is an elegant, historic town worth visiting both for its beauty and its shops.
I was born in France and my husband is half Austrian/Hungarian so, although we both grew up and have lived most of our lives in the UK, we both feel half-continental and very much at home in France. We and our children use our chalet as often as we can, especially out of season. For us, it is very much 'home' in France) - not a property investment or a way to make money , but somewhere we love and care for. We welcome guests who treat it and enjoy the surrounding area in that spirit.
Chantal van Ackere purchased this chalet in 2004
Most of Haute Savoie is still unspoiled, with strong farming communities and a range of small manufacturing and service businesses (each valley tends to have its own specialities). We love the mountains for ski-ing in winter and walking, wildlife watching or sailing in summer.
We find our chalet easy to get to, by road, train or air; the swimming pool and the grounds of La Clairiere, the 'residence' in which our chalet is located - all well-maintained - are a boon that few chalets sleeping only six are able to offer.
This was our second stay here. The Chalet is in a super location a very short drive from La Clusaz and a short walk from the centre of Saint-Jean-de-Sixt. The pool makes it a perfect spot for just relaxing around the pool, and its location is great as a base for exploring the area. I was amazed at how much we found to do not far from the chalet and if you are happy to drive, the area around here is stunning and bursting with places to visit. We spent days out at Annecy swimming in the lake, and walking in Chamonix.
Chantal was very great. The booking was simple and straight forward. She knows the area very well, we found this very helpful so we got the most out of our stay.
The Chalet is lovely and cozy. It is very homely and has everything we needed and wanted. It is very clean and well maintained without being sparse as some rental properties feel. The beds are comfortable and we are booked to stay this Christmas and New year to ski. We can't wait to get back.
A lovely location the chalet is well equipped clean very comfortable and has great views. The shared pool was a welcome relaxation after the walks-- and we had it to ourselves.
Located perfectly for exploring the region including the Aravis Alps,
tremendous walking area and plenty of good restaurants close by.
Definitely recommend and hope to come back.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Jul 2017 - 2 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£100|
Rentals are generally from Saturday to Saturday, arriving after 16.00 local time and leaving by 10.00 on the day of departure. Out of season we are flexible about timing.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK Pounds.
A 10% discount will be given on the second of two consecutive weeks booked together.
25% of the rental to secure the booking with the remaining 75%, plus £100 deposit (repayable unless required in full or in part for damage, breakages or necessary cleaning), plus charge for linen and towels if required, by eight weeks before the holiday date.