Apartment in Vila Sol Spa and Golf Resort, Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal - Furnished To A High Standard, Close To 5 Star Luxury Vila Sol Hotel, Golf
New, exceptionally large 2 bed 2 bath, 1st floor apartment with large south facing balcony and huge private roof terrace overlooking pools and gardens, fully furnished to a high standard with hot/cold air-con. Ideal for families, couples and golfers it is situated on the 5 star Vila Sol and Golf resort. Guests have access to the hotel facilities including tennis courts, pools (including 2 children’s and indoor pool), jacuzzi, kids club and two 5 star restaurants (costs involved). Vilamoura is a modern town, which surrounds it’s own spectacular marina, and is only 5 mins drive away, with welcoming waterfront cafes, top class restaurants, designer boutiques and also a sophisticated casino. For family entertainment there is a large aqua park within a 3 min drive and also close is the Zoo Marine which has live dolphin shows and lots to do. One of the largest shopping centres in the Algarve is approx 15 mins drive from Vilamoura which has a huge variety of shops and foodhall.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
Steve and Yumi live in Chiswick, West London with their daughter Yvie. Steve runs an HR Consultancy and Yumi works for Virgin Atlantic. We spend our time between England, Japan and Portugal.
Guestbook comments from the owner
May 2012 'We had a fantastic time at the apartment - it really is lovely. It suited us perfectly. The place really does have everything you could need'
Sept 2012 'The booking process was very easy and prompt. The resort was well kept and clean. Overall we had a great holiday and would definitely consider returning.'
July 2013 'We had a great stay at the apartment in Vila Sol. The apartment was perfect for us. It had everything we needed for a most enjoyable and relaxing stay. Communication from our first enquiry right through to booking and arranging our pick up was excellent - and so easy.'
Sept 2013 'We had a great stay, thanks. The booking process was very personal and straightforward and all queries were answered promptly. The apartment was great - clean, well equipped and very spacious. It was also a superb location within the resort. This was our first time in Portugal and we loved Vilamoura and the surrounding areas.'
July 2014 'We found the booking process very efficient and it was an absolute pleasure dealing with you. The apartment was great. Lovely and spacious. The apartment was very clean and very well equipped. We have recommended the apartment to our family as we had a lovely time.'
Aug 2014 'The whole booking process was really efficient and fool proof even for me!! You were really helpful. The apartment was a really good base to stay at and easy to get about from there.'
1 holidaymaker review
Beautiful property with everything you could ask for. Very spacious with lovely rooftop for sunbathing. Couch uncomfortable for sleeping as could feel all wooden slats. Needs some extra foam that could be rolled up and put away when not in use. We used two mattresses from sunbeds which was fine. Definitely need car as away from everywhere for walking. Manager was to meet us on arrival but when we rang from airport he told us key was left in box beside door which meant we had to drive around looking for our block. This had nothing to do with owners and if you are looking for a really lovely apt and have a car this is definitely the place to book
From the Owner
“For us it is perfect. The development is a little oasis and having the hotel, with restaurants and bars so close is a nice little bonus. Faro is close by and is a lovely little city, whilst Quarteira 'feels' very Portuguese, compared to Vilamoura which is OK but very touristy. When we were looking at apartments, Vilasol was head and shoulders above other developments in the area. Please view our video http://voice.adobe.com/v/EIxuU_rw3n9”
Activity and Interests
Vilamoura Marina beach is only a 5 min drive away. Falesia Beach is only a 10 minute drive away. The gentle sloping beach of Quarteira is excellent for young families.
Faro airport is only a 15/20 min drive away. Car hire is recommended but taxi hire is readily available and inexpensive. Public transport is frequent and also inexpensive.
There is a large supermarket close by and a few bars and restaurants within walking distance of the apartment. Vilamoura with it’s marina, shops, restaurants and bars is less than 5 mins by car. Almancil which offers supermarkets, banks and karting is less than 10 mins by car. The market town of Loule is just 10 mins drive. The aquapark is 3 mins away by car and the Zoo Marine is 30 mins where you can swim with dolphins.
The neighbouring Pestana hotel provides guests with a range of facilities and dining options. There are two restaurants and two bars including a Piano bar and a Golf Bar.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
20% (non-refundable) deposit required on booking. Balance required 6 weeks before arrival. A refundable security deposit of £200 will be required for breakage and other damage.
Changeover day is flexible. Guests must vacate the property no later than 10am on the day of departure and check-in time is 3.30pm. Please contact us in advance if you require a later check-out or earlier check-in time.
Notes on prices:
If you would like to stay for periods over 2 weeks between October and April, discounts are available.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Well that depends on what you are looking for but for us, we like the roof terrace which gives you a wonderful feeling of space and a great view of the stars. The perfect chill out. There is an excellent supermarket, Pingo Dolce, about five minutes drive away. Taxis are cheap so you don't really need to hire a car. However, if you have a car, so many places are within easy reach, it really feels like it’s right in the middle of everything (Faro, Quarteira, Vilamoura, Loule). With the main highway only about 5 minutes drive away, you also have quick access along the coast either East or West. Back to the apartment, we particularly like the underground car park. There’s nothing worse than having to get into a steaming hot car! Plus, we now have wifi, perfect!”
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- children welcome
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Separate bathroom between bedroom 1 and 2 with jacuzzi bath, shower, wc and bidet. En-suite bathroom to bedroom 2 with shower and wc.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4/6 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed and side tables with drawers (wardrobe outside). Bedroom 2 with two single beds, side tables with drawers and built-in wardrobes.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Free Wifi is also available in the golf club and at Oscars, an irish pub close by. There is a kids club for children over 4 years old if you want a bit of piece and quiet! It is in the 5 star hotel two minutes walk from the apartment. Pets of any kind are not allowed in or on the premises at any time. Smoking is strictly prohibited inside the property but there is a large terrace and roof terrace. A welcome pack of groceries (eggs, milk, bread, butter, jam, tea and coffee etc) can also be arranged if required, again at an additional cost. Outside: The gardens are mature and manicured with paths and walkways for convenience. The development is low rise and all residential buildings are maximum 2 storey. The pool areas are shared and equipped with furniture for sun bathing and showers. The roof terrace is completely open and therefore has the sun all year round. It is private and is equipped with furniture for sunbathing. For added security there are electric shutters on all accessible doors and windows and an indoor safe. Utility Room: Washing machine. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The price includes having a cleaner in before you arrive and after you leave to ensure towels and bedlinen are freshly laundered and the place is clean and tidy. If you would like a maid to come in during your stay this can be arranged at an extra cost. Other: Terrace with table and chairs and roof terrace with sun loungers. Communal wifi accessible from the terrace.