Porto Petro- Luxury Ground Floor Apartment With Views Over The Harbour, Large Pool And Gardens
Beautifully appointed ground floor apartment in the picturesque harbour village of Porto Petro. This fully equipped apartment overlooking the pool can sleep 2/4 people and is ideally situated within walking distance of good/varied selection of restaurants, café bars, two small, well stocked, supermarkets and the beaches of Porto Petro, also Mondrago which is one of Mallorca's last natural beaches. Cala D'Or is only 3 kms away.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
We are the Dewhurst Family and have owned the apt for over ten years. We fell in love with Porto Petro as it a offered a quiet, comfortable, unspoiled environment. The property is ideally situated in the large harbour Village of Porto Petro where the area has remained untouched by the fast pace of modern life. There are a superb selection of restaurant's, from café bars to "a la carte" with varied world wide cuisine (Fish is obviously the order of the day!). You can eat at a different restaurant every night, enjoying perfect views over the harbour from the outside terraces. It is also a perfect base from which to explore the island, and many beaches, then return to enjoy a relaxing drink by the pool, before going out to dinner, without the necessity to drive. You can also get a taxi into Cala D'or (5 mins away),very cheaply if you prefer the hustle and bustle of a busier resort. We have also tried to cater for every need. There is Sky TV (free channels only- +family dvd's) so you can keep up with the news on the 32" TV. Music is also available on our cd-hifi. All linen etc. is provided, we also provide everything you can use in the kitchen, down to cooking oil, salt and Pepper! ( there's nothing worse than having nothing in a self catering apt). Basically all you have to do is turn up and start your holiday! We have absolutely no complaints, in fact we have people coming back year on year which is the best recommendation you can have! Anyway the choice is down to you, but you won't be disappointed if you use our apartment, in an ideal location, the beautiful village of Porto Petro- a little gem in the Balearics.
We would like to offer our apartment for rent to anyone who enjoys a less hectic pace of life, in a beautiful area. Best wishes, the Dewhurst's.
Please note- We are only able to let to UK residents, as we use Royal Mail recorded delivery service to send/receive keys.
2 holidaymaker reviews
We have been coming to this apartment twice a year for many years now and couldn't be happier. It is always clean and very well equipped, All you need to take are your clothes and good company. Porto Petro is a delight and a joy.
This apartment is just perfect for a lazy holiday in the sun. The owners use it regularly for family holidays so take great care of it. It is well-equipped and has all the facilities you could want for a relaxing home from home. The pool and garden are beautifully cared for, just a few steps from the apartment's delightful terrace. Sunlight shines on it almost from dawn till dusk. The delightful village of Porto Petro has lovely restaurants and a few shops. It is a relaxed and welcoming place for those who don't want the noise and bustle of bigger resorts.
From the Owner
“Your Holiday will start as soon as you arrive. You will not be disappointed with the apartment and the surroundings.. The property is ideally situated in the unspoilt area of Porto Petro where the area has remained untouched by the fast pace of modern life. There are a superb selection of restaurant's from café bars to al'a carte with varied world wide cuisine. You can eat at a different restaurant every night, enjoying perfect views over the harbour from the outside terraces. Its a perfect base to explore the island, then return and enjoy a relaxing drink by the pool, before going out to dinner, without the necessity to drive. You can also get a taxi into Cala D'or (5 mins away),very cheaply if you prefer the hustle and bustle of a busier resort. We have also tried to cater for every need. There is Sky TV (free channels only- +family dvd's) so you can keep up with the news on the b32" TV. Music is also available on our cd-hifi. All linen etc. is provided, we also provide everything you can use in the kitchen, down to cooking oil, salt and Pepper! ( there's nothing worse than having nothing in a self catering apt). Basically all you have to do is turn up and start your holiday! We have absolutely no complaints, in fact we have people coming back year on year which is the best recommendation you can have! Anyway the choice is down to you, but you won't be disappointed if you use our apartment, in an ideal location, the beautiful village of Porto Petro- a little gem in the Balearics. Please ask about dates as sometimes flexible.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Porto Petro has a dive school adjacent to the apartment block which is open in the peak season as the area is renown for its crystal clear waters.
Horse riding available- Hiring your own pony a must for the young ones and very reasonable.Serious riding excursions available for the more advanced rider from children to adults
Lots of local beaches to Explore..There are also many lovely lanes in the area, ideal for walking.
Golf is also available
As well as the local beach of Porto Petro, there are some of the best beaches on the island only a few kilometres away. The beautiful beach of Cala Mondrago is only a 20 minutes walk.
Porto Petro is approx 40 minute drive from Palma airport and car hire is not essential as taxis are available from the airport. There is also a shuttle service available, which is very reasonable.
Porto Petro is situated 3 kms from Cala D'Or, where there are a large selection of shops, bars and restaurants. Santanyi is only 5 kms away and has a very large street market on Saturdays around the village centre(A Must DO). In fact the apartment is ideally situated as a base to discover the delights of South East Mallorca.
Porto Petro is a peaceful harbour village with a selection of small family friendly restaurants all reasonably priced. The village has a well equipped supermarket and Pharmacy. The Glass Bottom boat leaves Porto Petro and there is a small train which runs through the village to Mondrago and Cala D'Or. Porto Petro is an idyllic location as the village and its restaurants are open all year round. Tennis courts available 250m away.
Good selection of restaurants so no driving required at night.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£100|
There is a 25% non-refundable deposit payable on booking and the full balance 8 weeks prior to departure.
There is also a £100 refundable damage deposit.
Sorry, available to Great Britain residents only, so we can track keys/deposits safely.
Saturday is the preferred changeover day but we can be flexible.
Notes on prices:
Prices shown are for the property per week in UK Pounds.
Rather than increase prices we have to add a nominal service charge to help towards incresing running costs (linen/cleaning/electric/water, etc) of £8 per person, per rental. (Max £24) per letting-Waived for fortnightly bookings.
Discounts available for longer rentals and winter lets. Porto Petro is open 52 weeks a year as it is not a resort. This makes for an ideallic Winter break. POA for long term lets or not stated. Thankyou.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
From the Owner
“Feedback 2012-" Hi Paul and Vicky, Just to let you know that we had a wonderful time at your apartment. We absolutely loved Porto Petro - it exceeded our expectations - and enjoyed many an evening in the restaurants there. The apartment is in a great location, was spotlessly clean and had everything we needed"”
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- near the sea
- water parks
- horse riding
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- bay fishing
- 56 m²
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- The bathroom has a shower, wc, hand basin and a washing machine.
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 2/4 (1 Bedroom) Notes on bedrooms: The bedroom is tastefully decorated with 2 single beds that can be used as a double or as singles,and a stylish illuminated wardrobe. There is a ceiling fan and additional fan, the window can be left open securely for additional ventilation as we have fitted a stylish window grill.
- Notes on accommodation: The apartment is ideal for ALL ,young families, couples, elderly (also gated accross our balcony for safety to the pool area).It is situated on a small block of only 13 apartments, away from holiday periods we have often had the block virtually to ourselves. At night there is nothing better than sitting on the terrace, having a glass of wine, either before or after dinner as the pool is beautifully lit. We offer our accomodation for like minded couples/families,who want a quieter pace of life in an unspoiled area. Porto Petro is not over touriste as it is populated by locals and owners from around Europe and always comes across as peaceful.(Cala D'or, a larger/busier resort,is only 5/10 mins away, so you take it or leave it as you desire). We also try to provide as much as is reasonable for you to have an enjoyable stay.We can honestly say we have always had excellent feedback, which we strive to maintain. We would ask people not to smoke in the apartment but outside on the terrace. Outside: The lounge/dining areas has large French doors which open out on to a terrace which overlooks the gardens and pool. There is patio furniture and 2 private sun loungers with cushions for use around the pool and gardens. The pools is only 10m away and for the sole use of the small complex. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed linen, kitchen towels and bath towels are provided. The apartment is cleaned on departure. However, we would ask that you provide your own beach/pool towels. We have now added a washing machine, to rinse things through, if required. Other: Large Balcony/Terr overlooking the pool,with direct access. Used to dine during the day (Lrg outside table-supplied) and also sit out at night as the pool is beautifully lit up. Fitted matching gate accross balcony exit,making it secure for youngsters.