Apartment in Sao Martinho do Porto, Silver Coast, Portugal - Three Swimming Pools Plus A Host Of Other Amenities Inc Free (and Fast) WiFi
Spacious, well-appointed 2 bedroom/2 bathroom apartment featuring a private terrace with seaview, set within an attractive, landscaped 60 property complex, where the extensive inclusive facilities are strictly for the use of residents. With 3 swimming pools, a small gym with treadmill, bike, and rowing machine, a squash court, a games room with table tennis and pool table plus European satellite TV, a tennis court/football pitch with a practice basketball hoop there is plenty to keep you and your party entertained without leaving the complex. While all the facilities of the condominium make it ideal for families with children, the accommodation and the whole area around Sao Martinho is equally suitable for 'more mature' guests - especially in Spring and Autumn, when the weather in the region can be stunning, and everywhere is rather more tranquil.
About the Owner
This apartment was purchased early in 2008 by a then keen amateur golfer, Ian, and Golf Professional, Alistair - plus of course their wives Pat and Sharon respectively. Alistair and Sharon had two school age children (one now at University) and this was a major reason for choosing this apartment: it's just great (and safe) for kids. We were perfectly open about our reasons for buying. hopefully we could cover the costs of the apartment by letting it out and thus have free accommodation there ourselves!
In fact Ian and Pat now live in Portugal, about five miles from the apartment, and are therefore on hand to ensure that all our guests have a problem free holiday.
Guestbook comments from the owner
'The apartment was great - spacious, well decorated and very well equipped. The pool areas are lovely and everything was very clean and tidy'. Mrs A Gardner, UK.
“We had a wonderful fortnight at your lovely apartment, everything was perfect. Our children (young adults) didn't want to eat out very much as it was so comfortable eating alfresco on the terrace". Julie, Gordon and family, UK.
"Superb apartment and condo, with excellent local restaurants. And we spotted 14 species of birds while in the complex". M & M, UK.
"The apartment and complex had everything we needed. And we loved the terrace and the view. We can't think of anything that could be better".Birgitte, Hardy and Kristoffer, Denmark.
"We're absolutely delighted with the facilities and location and will be recommending both your apartment and the area to others". LFR, Prague.
Activity and Interests
Sao Martinho do Porto, the closest restaurants of which are just a 10 minute stroll from the complex, is a shell-shaped bay ringed by a child friendly, sandy beach with a varied selection of restaurants, cafes, bars, shops and supermarkets plus a covered market (open daily except Mondays) selling a wide range of local produce. The walk back, up the hill, may take a little longer!
Sao Martinho is approximately one hour by car from Lisbon airport (served by Easyjet, BA and TAP amongst others), or something over 2 hours from Oporto. As this is a totally self catering complex, with no drink or food sold on site, a car is pretty much a must (although it is possible to get to the resort from Lisbon by fast and comfortable coach).
Obidos - a stunning walled medieval town which is picturesque and has many festivals and celebrations throughout the year is 15 minutes' drive away. The town of Caldas da Rainha offers a huge daily fruit and veg market, a wonderful public park, plus many large supermarkets, shops and banking and is also within a 15 minute drive. The popular Foz lagoon with its surf, water sports, beach bars and restaurants is some 10 minutes away by car.
Three minutes from the apartment by car is a good-sized InterMarche, which sells excellent wines from around 6 Euros for 5 litres - and it sells food, too! It also has a cash machine and a petrol station which is always one of the cheapest in the area.
Sao Martinho boasts a wide range of restaurants - many serving excellent fresh fish of course - and there is a book in the apartment full of recommendations and comments by the owners of the apartment and by previous guests.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
To book, please first look at the availability chart and then contact us by email or phone. If you wish to proceed, we require a 25% booking deposit with full payment 6 weeks before arrival (by electronic transfer or cheque).
Please note that we ask our guests not to smoke in the apartment, though they may of course smoke on the patio.
NB: We will gladly provide proof of ownership (ie copies of recent utility bills) upon request.
Arrive/depart any day. Departure by 10am, arrival after 4pm - though if the property is not being occupied immediately either side of your stay, these times are flexible.
Notes on prices:
Prices are per week in UK pounds (Euros happily accepted at prevailing exchange rate). For all bookings, irrespective of length, a 'final clean' charge of 60 Euros is payable in cash locally. This ensures that the apartment will 'sparkle' when you arrive! Prices held yet again: our 2014 prices are either the same or lower as for the previous four years and include all utility bills, even in winter. Discounts are offered for bookings of more than 2 weeks.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- children welcome
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Jacuzzi, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Family bathroom with bidet, twin basins and jacuzzi bath. En-suite bathroom to bedroom 2 with shower, basin and toilet.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 5/6 (2 Bedrooms + Sofa bed in lounge) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1: double bed. Bedroom 2: twin beds + en-suite shower and toilet. Both bedrooms have generous wardrobe space and drawers and enjoy direct access to small patios. A hairdryer is provided. There is also a cot which can be used in either bedroom
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Easy parking immediately outside the complex (100 yards from the front door of the apartment). The apartment has Central Heating in all rooms and a varied selection of books and DVDs has now accumulated. Playing cards, scrabble, dominoes and backgammon are also provided, along with tennis and squash racquets and pool cues. Outside: There are 2 communal kidney shaped pools approximately 12 metres long both with children's paddling sections plus a deeper 18m x 7m pool within the complex. The complex features a host of grassed picnic/play areas. On the apartment's own secluded and gated terrace, which overlooks one of the three swimming pools, is a large table and chairs, all 'protected' if required by a large parasol. Sun beds can be found at various points on the complex (free for use of guests). The extensive grounds also feature a tennis court/football pitch and a practice basketball hoop. Utility Room: A small utility room off the kitchen houses the boiler (which provides constant hot water plus central heating) vacuum cleaner, mops etc and offers space for storing tennis rackets and golf clubs etc. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and bedlinen provided, changed weekly during bookings of 2 weeks or more. Please provide your own beach/pool towels.