on La Almuna estate near Gaucin, Ronda, Andalucia, Spain - Comfortable for 8 with Large Pool and Peaceful Garden
Wonderful holiday house in Andalucia on a private estate, La Almuna. 6km south of Gaucin. 1 hour from Gibraltar airport, 90 mins from Malaga, 45 mins from Ronda, 2 hours from Seville. lovely swimming pool, tennis court and riding on the estate. Nearby, easy access to golf and dramatic walks and sightseeing in local hilltop white villages plus the historic cities of Ronda and Seville. The atmosphere at the house is peaceful and secluded with extensive gardens, wonderful views of Africa and shady terraces while just 6km away is the vibrant town of Gaucin, packed with shops, tapas bars and restaurants and numerous nightclubs. Good beaches, such as the popular Tarifa, are easily accessible from 40 mins drive away. It's the perfect place for all generations to enjoy the holiday of their choice.
Top Traveller Review
Andalusian heaven, with something for all
About the Owner
About rose russell
Me and three of my siblings own El Otero, and it is fair to say that it is our favourite place in the world! It is very tranquil and beautiful and we all go as much as we can.
(1 traveller reviews)
Andalusian heaven, with something for all
What an elegant, beautiful, relaxing hideaway. We (3 adults, 4 children 4-11) spent a wonderful October week at El Otero: lazing by the pool; enjoying a glass of wine as we watched night fall over the mediterranean and out to Africa; or feeling the morning sunlight under bougainvillea at breakfast; reading, playing games and cooking/dining in the very homely, cool and elegantly decorated main rooms and bedrooms. We swapped this calm and comfort for tennis on the estate; trips to white washed villages, to the depths of a cave with 25,000 year-old paintings; and to dangle from a wire as we rock-climbed around Gaucin's via ferrata route. And, on the way back home, we had a day of jaw-dropping Moorish architecture of Al Hambra palaces in Granada. So unreservedly recommended, with something for everyone.
Activity and Interests
Lovely beaches are accessible from Estepona, Sabanillas, Tarifa and Bolonia. Between 40 mins and 90 mins drive.
Nearest airports are Gibraltar (1 hour drive), Malaga (90 mins), Jerez (90 mins).
Car hire is recommended. Day trips can be made to Tangier from Algeciras and Tarifa.
Jimena de la Frontera, San Pablo (from where a train rambles up the mountains to Ronda) 8km.
Ronda, 45 mins.
Seville, 2 hours.
Granada, 3 hours.
There are plenty of local shops, banks and post offices for all your needs either in Gaucin or in San Pablo.
Several restaurants and bars in Gaucin.
Horse riding can be booked locally.
- Booking Notes:
Please telephone in the first instance to confirm bookings and availability. A deposit of 25% will be payable at the time of booking and the balance 8 weeks before rental.
Changeover days are flexible at the moment but preferred arrival times are 3pm onwards and departure before 11am.
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- pets considered
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- All bedrooms en-suite - 2 with showers, 2 with baths. Heated towel rails. Extra separate cloakroom with wc.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master bedroom - huge, light and airy with superking size bed. Loads of cupboard space plus dressing room leading to bathroom. 3 further bedrooms, 2 double, 1 twin all en-suite; one with bath, two with shower. Baby travelcot available.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The house is very child friendly with only the master suite upstairs. Outside: The garden is extensive with 2 shaded terraces for eating and relaxing, a courtyard, breathtaking views over the hills towards Africa and the Rock of Gibraltar, large pool, sun loungers and outside furniture. Beautiful plats, shrubs, lizards! Utility Room: Washing machine, tumble dryer, separate sink, iron and ironing board etc. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen provided. Maid service twice a week - or more by arrangement. Extra service of cook and babysitting available by arrangement. Other: The large terrace has the most remarkable views of the Andalucian mountains, facing towards Morocco.