Villa in San Gimignano, Siena Province, Tuscany, Italy - 6bedroom.2bathroom, pool with landscope view.
Villa Panorama - Il Caggio 13/b - A 5 minutes drive from the towers of San Gimignano, the final mile on a country road, leads to the gates of Villa 'Panorama'. Set in a copse of large evergreens, an occasional peek reveals the gently rolling countryside that surrounds the property. The villa offers total privacy. Un barbecue in pietra e un forno a legna per godere una cena all'aperto nella terrazza
About the Owner
We live in Siena with our eight year old english bull dog. We like to spend our holiday travelling around Europe.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Dear Gian Piero
I would like to thank you for renting us the villa this week. We really loved your nice house!
When we wil be back in San Gimignano we would certainly rent of again. I will recommend it to other people. You and your wife are also very friendly!
Louk 28 05 2012
Una regione fantastica per una famigliola simpatica che ha trascorso in questa casa momenti pieni di allegria e felicità!
Complimenti a Piero e Laura per la decorazione della casa e per la loro gentilezza. Speriamo di poterci tornare. Grazie per tutto.
Famiglia Tran - Cannes - France 25 agosto 2012
Dear Laura e John
We have enjoyed any moment of our stay here in Il Caggio.
Your beautiful villa is spacious, yet confortable and homely.
The views are breathtaking and we have enjoyed sightseeing, wonderfull food, pleasant chat on the veranda and of course cooling off in the pool.
Thanking for a memorable week.
Miers family London - September 2012
1 holidaymaker review
The garden and views were good. It is 5 minutes drive to San Gimignano by helicopter! You have to negotiate a steep, bumpy, dirt road which takes 5 minutes on its own! The villa is tired and bathrooms small and difficult to manage with small children. The sitting room is lovely, with beautiful old furniture. The bedrooms are basic, though acceptable. The kitchen is well equipped, with every utensil you could wish for. Both the BBQ and pizza ovens worked well. . In addition, we were without hot water for over 12 hours,while emails were exchanged and boiler repaired. No allowance was made for this inconvenience. It's a great shame since we had a lovely holiday but a bad taste was left in my mouth by the money grabbing attitude of the owner. These things were difficult to remedy at the time because the owner spoke very limited English and we had no Italian.
From the Owner
“We love San Gimignano because is a medieval town most important and beautifull in Italy. It's in the middle of country side between Florence e Siena, city art wellknown in the world.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
On request: Cooking classes, cookery courses. Dinners, by my wife, she always makes a lovely simple Tuscany dinner. Private guide for Siena. Three hours with a gardener. In Siena open market, Wednesday morning. In San Gimignano open market, Thursday morning. There are also to see some Opera and Concert San Galgano Abbey (Siena); Boboli Garden (Florence)
and San Gimignano main square. Ruderi etruschi di Castelvecchio is 4 kms from the villa and 2kms from the main street.
The villa is very near to the "Via Francigena" A few minutes to drive from the Sanctuary of Pancole important step of the "Via Francigena"
Circuit trekking to two hundred meters.
Punta Ala (Grosseto) is 110km from the villa. Marina di Cecina (Livorno) is 68km from the villa, about 1 hour. Forte dei Marmi, Viareggio (Lucca) is 120km from the villa.
Versilia Sea is 120 km from the villa.
Car essential. Distance from Pisa Airport 60km. Distance from Firenze Airport 60km.
Distance from Volterra (alabaster show and medioval town) 20km, San Gimignano (medioval town)4km, Chianti 15km, Montalcino 45km, Monteriggioni 20km, Colle Val d'Elsa (Glass show) 15km. Pisa, all the city museum, is 68km from the villa, about 1 hour. Siena Palio and all the city museum, is 40km from the villa. Firenze, all the city museum 55km from the villa. Lucca, all the city museum 80 km from the villa
Arezzo and Cortona 90km. Nearest hospital (Poggibonsi) 12km.
Tuscany can rightly claim to have just about everything - Italy's greatest collection of art, classical architecture, beautiful countryside and some of the best food and wines around. The climate is excellent with hot summers and very pleasant spring and autumn if your pursuits are walking and cycling. The villa is perfectly placed for sightseeing the major attraction of the Tuscany region. San Gimignano, Volterra, Siena, Firenze, Montalcino, Montepulciano, San Galgano, Monteriggioni,Murlo, Cortona and Arezzo are all easily accessible as are the many picturesque villages dotted about this lovely landscape. Tuscany is famous for its food and wine, and there are many local restaurants serving excellent food to suit all pockets.
San Gimignano is 4km from our Villa, a wonderful medieval town, its 13 towers evident on the skyline. Once there were 72 towers, symbols of wealth and power of the medieval families of the 12th and 13th century. At San Gimignano in July and August "Dentro e fuori le mura" a series of performances and events including opera, poetry, theatre, ballet,classical concerts and movies.
Montalcino and its superb wines and imposing Fortress hosts a jazz festival in July. Siena is appox 30 mins drive, a magnificent city steeped in history; the Piazza del Campo being the site of the famous ‘Palio’ race of horses held in the second day of July and 16th of August. Palio, where the competing Contrade, 17 in number, only 10 run a fiercely challenged horse race round the perimeter of this extraordinary shell shaped Square, which is overlooked by the height of the Torre del Mangia. Throughout the city a wealth of art is to be found in the churches and the small museums.
Florence is less than an hour away. Here the cradle of renaissance and home of Dante Alighieri, Machiavelli, Michelangelo Buonarroti, Donatello. Steeped in history and well preserved architecture. Don't miss the Ponte Vecchio, Cathedral and the Uffizi gallery, the list is endless.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£445|
|Stay tax||€2 per night, per person. This amount will be due to the owner upon arrival. Does not apply to children under 12 years.|
In order to book, guests are required to pay a
50% advance on the amount due, including by bank transfer (not refundable in case of cancellation).
50% by bank transfer 30 day before arrival (in case of cancellation 30 days or less, the refund may be possible if the house is re-rented 100% otherwise 20% of the balance).
The fee for one cot + linen €. 100 for week.
The minimum rental period is one week, from Saturday to Saturday. The rentals are for week and are sub-divided according to the rental season.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The property purchased in 2005, is just four minutes by car from the center of San Gimignano in an amazing panorama view of Tuscany countryside.”
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- autumn foliage
- live theatre
- recreation centre
- winery tours
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- hunting small game
- mountain biking
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- The villa has 3 bathrooms with washbasin, bidet, wc, 2 showers, 1 bath tub, welcome bath set (weekly change), hairdryer.
- 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Closet, sheets and quilts included (weekly change). 3 Bedrooms with double wooden bed. 1 Bedroom with twin beds. 2 Bedroom with single bed. 1 Sofa bed (a request) Every bedrooms are furnished of air conditioning.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Refundable security deposit of 500 euros is payable on arrival. This deposit will be returned in full upon departure, subject to any damage to the equipment or loss thereof that is noted and consequently withheld from the deposit. Internet wi-fi, without limits, is included in the price. Heating (at a rate of 2 euros per litre), electricity (at a rate of 0,55 euros per kwh), firewood (15 euros for wood basket. The first basket of wood is free) are payable locally. Pool cleaning is weekly and free on Saturday. On demand additional pool cleaning is €60 each. Final home cleaning is not included: €15 per persona, minimum €130. On demand additional home cleaning during the stay: €60 for three hours. Rent a cot €60. The new city tax by guest,at the rate of €. 1,50 per person per night (maximun of 10 nights) is payable directly to the owners who give a receipt. Outside: The swimming pool of the Tuscan villa, is exclusively reserved for guests, offers a panoramic view of the Tuscan countryside and is beautifully furnished with comfortable chaises, tables and chairs. The outside pool shower produces solar hot water. The place is an ideal location to relax, swim, sunbath or enjoy a wide choice of massages or beauty treatments while you admire the magnificent landscape. Sunset of the country villa offers sightings of pheasants, deers, hares who comes to feed on the owners veranda. In the garden there is another barbecue. The garden is private and on all sides of the villa, the garden is maturing with fig, cherry, plum and olive trees with Mediterranean bushes. The villa is on a slight elevation so the views are uninterrupted and extensive until 50km. Utility Room: There is a large and panoramic terrace where people can eat and drink together. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Sheets and quilts (weekly change). Welcome bath set, bath linen (weekly change).