Villa on Bozburun Peninsula, Marmaris, Turkey - Secluded, Peaceful Location Surrounded by Pine Forest in an Authentic Village
The villa is to an outstanding standard designed by the owners with the finest attention to detail in both aesthetic and functional characteristics. It is set in 2000 sq.m. landscaped exotic Mediterranean gardens at the edge of small, quiet, unspoilt village backing to the pine forest yet only 15km from lively Marmaris as a retreat with beauty and comfort for discerning individuals and families. It has wine and fragrant jasminium covered verandas for morning and afternoon shade with vernacular stone oven-BBQ and an outdoor sitting room under a bourganviella festooned stone arch overlooking the lush garden with the forested hills at the background. The furnishings are custom built by craftsman and exquisite, set in spacious, bright and cool rooms, each with beautiful views of the forest and the sea. Hisaronu is unique in the peninsula with its constant gentle, cool breeze and unspoilt real village atmosphere with authentic restaurants, corner shops and local produce market.
Top Traveller Review
An idyllic property
About the Owner
I am an UK trained landscape designer and live between UK, Istanbul and Hisaronu. We spent many family holidays in the villa not only for the sun and the sea but beautiful fresh early spring with an abundance of wild flowers as well as calm and quiet pleasantly hot extended summers well into late autumn. I wanted to share the pleasures of this unspoilt peninsula in a beautiful setting with discerning guests.
Guestbook comments from the owner
-Ayfer,We have enjoyed our stay, my wife says its her best holiday ever! Thanks and regards, Jeff.
-Dear Ayfer, We are now back home and I thought I must email you to say thank you so much for such a wonderful holiday. Your house is truely beautiful and your gardens are a tropical paradise. we feel very relaxed and envious of your home in Hisaronu.Once again thank you so much we have fallen in love with Hisaronu and your home.jackie and Rob.
-Dear Ayfer, I just had to write and say how much we adored your beautiful house in Hisaronu.
From the moment we arrived all four of us started to relax and unwind - if only we could have stayed the full two weeks we would have had a fantastic holiday.Thank you very much for letting us stay for a short while in your house as I know you had to leave earlier yourself than you had intended. I really hope we can return before too long to the Villa Hisaronu and the Bozburun peninsula. Sally O'brien
4.6 based on 5 holidaymaker reviews
An idyllic property
We have just returned from holidaying for the second year in a row in Ayfer's beautiful house. For us - a family of five with children aged 21, 18 and 14, it provided the perfect holiday, which is why we returned. I hope that we will be able to come back many times in the future. The location is spot on - slightly off the beaten track, and therefore peaceful and away from the bustle of Marmaris, but also within easy reach of all that Marmaris has to offer. It is also close to some truly wonderful beaches (with opportunities for catamaran sailing very close by) some lovely seaside villages, boat trips and delicious fish restaurants. There is also some spectacular culture within easy reach, including ancient Greek cities like Knidos (a sunset trip is a must) and Lycian rock tombs in Dalyan. But what makes it all so special is that the house itself, with its beautiful garden and pool, is a really lovely place just to be if you don't feel like going anywhere at all!
This was one of the nicest places we have ever stayed - a really beautiful house in a lovely area, and we really could not have asked for more. The owner was incredibly helpful and hospitable - even from a distance - helping us, for example, repair a flat tyre with local assistance. This kind of thing made us feel truly well looked after and was a real bonus on top of staying in such a lovely place. Highly recommended.
I loved this villa
Stayed here with family (Crosse family) last July 2014- this villa exceeded expectation - quite remote but the wrought iron gates open into the most wonderful villa and gardens - so peaceful with so many places to sit and relax - the interior of the villa is inspirational and tastefully done. The pool surrounded by pots of agapanthus flowers and various types of cactus was so inviting to walk down to every morning - there was the occasional bee - but best ignored - they never bothered us! - The local people in nearby village were always welcoming - i would love to return one day.
Lovely villa in beautiful surroundings
We just wanted to say how much we enjoyed our holiday at your villa. It really is a special place and fell in love with it from the moment we arrived. We have now got some very happy memories and hope that we may get a chance to come back again. We all loved Minik and miss her as well as your beautiful home. The pool and landscaped gardens were lovely. Everything was perfect....please don't let anyone else know about it ;-)) - it's a special secret that we don't want to share with anyone ;-)
Such a lovely villa. A bit out of the way but nice. There were flowers all around the garden but they attracted bees. Not just one or two but hundreds. We couldn't use the pool, we tried twice but were chased by bees. The pool surface was covered in dead and live bees. I would say around a 100 or so. The pool shower was inaccessible as the bush which I guess should have been next to it, surrounded it along with the bees. If you like bees you will be in heaven there. The pool was cleaned a handful of times by the gardener but that wasn't enough. The pathways are so overgrown you have to get out of the villa through the swarms. Such a shame.
The villa was cleaned once during the two week visit which really wasn't enough.
One day we had to wrap up to get through the bees swarming around the flowers on the exit pathway to the drive. We couldn't use the outside at all and was so looking forward to using the BBQ.
There is a beautiful outside eating area Such a shame.
Beautiful area with lovely views. You could sit on the upstairs balcony without too much trouble from bees.
Ayfer was really good and sorted any problems we had.
The local beach was very nice and Zara who runs the restaurant was lovely with fresh foods.
No taxi company nearby, only the airport transfer we used and he is expensive. Charged 40 lira return to go to beach. It was about 2 miles.
Such a shame for such a nice villa to be stuck inside.
There is a resident cat which we were unaware of until we arrived. She is lovely but left a nice parcel on the rug one morning.
From the Owner
“I love in this area the way pine cladded forests descend right into the water, reflecting on clear turquoise waters creating beautiful sceneries with layers of mountains as the backdrop. There are several small authentic fishing villages on the peninsula with waterfront restaurants, cafes serving delicious home made Turkish cuisine at very reasonable prices as well as sophisticated marinas with exquisite international cuisine. Village people are friendly and welcoming and treat the villa guests as their own and want them to leave with happy memories and a good impression of the country. Weekly local market is good for shopping for local produce and gifts.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Horse riding, walking, water sports.
20 minutes stroll or few mins drive to the quiet beach with a small number of restaurants and bars away from the crowds and tour boats. The village is in a designated nature reserve area with planning restrictions for new build with only 2 storeys protecting the unspoilt individual ethnic character of the village.
Hisaronu is 90 minutes drive from the airport at Dalaman which is a 3 hour direct flight from the UK. We can arrange transfers and car hire at excellent rates if required. There is a regular minibus service to Marmaris within a few minutes' walk from the villa.
Hisaronu is only 15km away from vibrant Marmaris with plenty going on. Marmaris is a charismatic town bursting with shops, boutiques, bars, traditional cuisine and fish restaurants, regular boat trips around the bays and across to Greek islands Rhodes and Symi ! Hisaronu village Centre - 0.5km, Orhaniye 3.5km, Selimiye 20km, Icmeler - 12km, Turunc - 15km, Marmaris - 20km.
You are right in the middle of a beautiful scenic route around the unspoilt Bozburun peninsula within short driving distances to traditional, rural, boat building and yacht servicing friendly seaside villages. There are lots of things to do if you want to explore further a field or just do something a bit more adventurous on local soil, here are just a few of the activities and excursions you’ll find along the road to Marmaris, or through the many agents in Marmaris town centre. There are 2 water theme parks in Marmaris - a great day out for families.
Quad bike safaris
Hobbie cat sailing, kayaking and windsurfing
There are 2 options within Hisarönü Köyü itself, the first being the Hisar Country Club, the second just next to it is called the Dortnal Ranch. Both have a range of horses of all sizes and will take you on a ride according to your ability.
You may find organised mountain bike tours offered in Marmaris, or you can rent your own bikes and explore. The Hisar Country Club does a tour of the village area and may hire bikes for your own exploration.
Scuba diving & snorkelling.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£100|
Please contact owner. 40% deposit payable on booking. Final balance due 8 weeks before departure.
Can be arranged by mutual agreement. Normally check in 16:00, check out 10:00 on changeover dates.
Booking deposit of 40% of the total cost plus £100 returnable security deposit at the time of the booking by BACS, the balance is due eight weeks prior to the arrival date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“There is something for everybody, quiet beaches as well as aqua parks, water sports and riding centres, in lively Marmaris shops, restaurants, bars and cafes...All the time a peaceful, quiet cool villa to return to and chill out in a unique, tastefully refurbished, private, authentic villa complimented with all the modern comforts.”
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Air Conditioning
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Satellite / Cable
- Television ...
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- near the sea
- water parks
- horse riding
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- pier fishing
- bay fishing
- 400 m²
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Walnut and marble vanity unit with drawers, Victorian bath
- Shower room 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Vanity unit with shelves
- Shower room 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Tiled vanity unit with cupboard, traditional Iznik tiles
- En suite to main bedroom with Victorian bath, shower cubicle, large mirrored walnut vanity unit. Separate bathrooms adjacent to each bedroom with shower cubicles, vanity units, traditional Iznic tiles. All power showers, constant solar heated hot water.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 4 - 2 Single Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Large Double Bed, 1 Cot
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed
- Bedroom 3 - 2 Single Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master bedroom:. Four poster carved kingsize bed, side tables, antique dresser, wardrobe and chairs, AC, french windows with Juliet balcony, sea views. Bedroom 2: Antique brass double bed, cot, wardrobes, cabinets, AC, separate access to veranda, garden view. Bedroom 3: Two single beds, antique wardrobes, cabinets, AC, forest views. Bedroom 4: Two single beds, cabinets, wardrobe, forest views.
- Notes on accommodation: Air-conditioning to all 3 bedrooms. Underfloor central heating, solar heated hot water. 7ton underground water tank as backup. Basement boiler room for all mechanical functions out of the house. Reached via quiet road, entrance through double wrought iron gates Outside: Stunning mature landscaped gardens,ozone filter private swimming pool. Organic shaped, 60m2. with 1m shallow end with steps and 2.7m deep end surrounded by travertine stone patio with outdoor shower, lighting, parasol and 6 wooden sun beds,cafe table. Totally screened with palms, fruit orchard, olives and ornamental shrubs and flowers. Guests are welcome to the fresh taste of herbs and other seasonal produce from the small kitchen garden.The house is within 5 minutes walk from 2 riding stables in the forest. The village has a quiet beach with spectacular views of the Hisaronu Bay with layers of pine clad mountains as a background. There are various authentic excellent restaurants locally and in nearby villages including an international marina 10 mins drive away in Orhaniye with shops, restaurants, bar and live music in the evenings. The beautiful peninsula is rich with nature and wildlife making it wonderful for walkers. Locals are very welcoming to visitors. Utility Room: Traditional large utility-pantry-washroom through carved antique door. Iznic tiled worktops and wooden shelves above and basket drawers under. Ceramic sink, washing machine, second fridge, storage for ironing and cleaning equipment and materials. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels, linen provided. Villa cleaned, towels and bedding changed weekly. Pool and garden tendered daily. Outside: Verandas and the large balconyhave sofas for outdoor siestas, polished stone dining tables with comfortable wicker armchairs,exotic planted Turkish pots,antique lanterns and ethnic accessories with beautiful views of the garden and the countryside.Garden lighting.