Los Pozos de la Nieve Apartment Estrella/Luna
Original apartment fully furnished and equipped (100-150 m2) for 2 to 6 persons.
Large sitting and dining room with fireplace, TV, music installation with MP3, different terraces with furniture, three double bedrooms, fully equipped kitchen with fire, oven, toaster, microwave, all basic cooking ingredients are available, etc...
A unique space with an atmosphere of absolute silence and relax.
The accommodation is child friendly.
Rural Apartments near Sevilla
Los Pozos de la Nieve, a building of the XVII the century with his exceptional historical and industrial value, has been awarded with a price and a special mention by the local Authorities and the Europa Nostra Awards 2006 in recognition of a valuable contribution to the conservation and enhancement of cultural heritage. Due to its orientation north, two big pits were constructed to maintain ice produced in small pools outside, providing ice to the Seville City. Striking is that these pits are incorporated in the building, to form one constructional, harmonious site. On the façade one still can find the ‘escudo of Seville’ dated from 1696 and a marble plate with inscription that the Ilustrisimo Cabildo y Regimiento of Seville bought the building…the period when Carlos II was the King of Spain…On the first floor, which breathes an atmosphere of a Moorish temple, you can find the chapel authorized by Pope Inocencio XII in 1697 and dedicated to "The Virgin of the Ice".
About the Owner
About Dirk Winderickx
We are the proud owners of a peculiar building in Spain Seville Constantina, which in seven years we restored and renovated with great care to what it is now.
Called LOS POZOS DE LA NIEVE, the above mentioned construction has been awarded with a price and a special mention by the local Authorities and the Europa Nostra Awards 2006(See photo) in recognition of a valuable contribution to the conservation and enhancement of cultural heritage.
We are both Belgians after living 5 years in Africa (Tanzania and Nigeria) we settle and worked in Spain -Andalucía now for over 25 years.
Dirk Winderickx purchased this apartment in 2000
Why Dirk Winderickx chose Sierra Norte
It is so exceptional and beautiful. Full of history and character. The surroundings are so pure and peaceful. A place to feel at home, with all the accommodation you need, full equipped apartments, nice swimming pool, typical Andalusian villages,
Close to Seville and Cordoba, good food and tapas. Just Andalucía profunda on is best.
Notes on prices:
prices can change according to the duration of the stay.
First rate given is for a 2night stay. week rate is for 7 nights stay. Month rates are for 28 nights stay.
Please always contact the owner for detailed price informations, to avoid any misunderstanding.
From the Owner
“It is so exceptional and beautiful. Full of history and character. The surroundings are so pure and peaceful. A place to feel at home, with all the accommodation you need, full equipped apartments, nice swimming pool, typical Andalusian villages, Close to Seville and Cordoba, good food and tapas. Just Andalucía profunda on is best.”
Activity and Interests
The country house is located at 1,5 km. from the Sevillian town Constantina and at 75 km. from the airport of Seville, connected with an excellent transport network.
From Seville City you drive direction Madrid (High way E-5); at Carmona you take the exit 506 direction Lora del Rio and afterwards following the indications to Constantina. You cross Constantina till the junction Cazalla de la Sierra - Alanis, where you will meet Los Pozos de la Nieve.
From Constantina you can visit:
Córdoba: 100 Km.
Carmona: 55 Km.
Écija: 80 Km.
Osuna: 90 Km.
Granada: 250 Km.
Ronda: 170 Km.
Seville: 80 Km.
Beaches like Málaga and Cádiz both at 200 Km.
Los Pozos de la Nieve, stationed in Sierra Morena with its continental climate, nice summer temperatures and soft winters, is considered has an authentic breathing space for the capital of Andalusia. It has a wealth of wildlife on its slopes, a beautiful and pleasant countryside, with its small rivers (Rivera de Huéznar) running through to the Guadalquivir between pine forests and cork trees. Bird watching, botanical and geological walks (Cerro de Hierro), rock climbing and mountain biking, horse riding, are recommended activities.
In summertime our swimming pool will refresh you.
- Away From It All
- Air Conditioning ...
- Hair Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Dining Area
Pool / Spa
- Outdoor Pool
- Private Pool
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- wheelchair inaccessible
- botanical garden
- recreation centre
- winery tours
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- horse riding
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- 90 m²
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 1
- Bicycles ...
- 1 bicycles
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Los Pozos de la Nieve, a building with an extraordinary character, is at your service for all kinds of cultural activities (expositions, concerts, etc.) and social events, celebrations. A property of 70,000 square meters, well conserved, inside the natural park of Sierra Morena, is at your disposition for walks, bird watching, etc... The accommodation is child friendly. You also can find nice terraces well furnished for sitting, reading and relax, use our swimming pool with his unique view over the valley, or use our free wifi conection in the common sitting room. Outside: Los Pozos de la Nieve is situated in the natural park of the Sierra Norte de Seville. It has a beautiful landscape, garden with olive trees, and terraces. Its swimming pool (10*6) has an unique view over the valley and is situated in the middle of our olive tree garden. We are near the village of Constantina (1.5km) with its nice restaurants, tapas bars and its typical Spanish atmosphere. Constantina is provided with a local hospital. At a few km. you have a natural swimming pool in San Nicolás del Puerto, the Rivera de Huéznar and the natural resort of Cerro de Hierro famous for is geological and botanical walks and rock climbing.