House in Brancoli Hills, Vinchiana, near Lucca, Tuscany, Italy - Peaceful Location High Up In The Brancoli Hills North Of Lucca With Outstanding Views
Casa Cappella is close to the city of Lucca and has been modernised in typical Tuscan style. It has a private pool and is located at the end of a small private road. As it sits amidst two hectares of chestnut woods and olive groves, it is not overlooked and has spectacular views down the Serchio valley across the plain of Lucca. The pool, which is for the sole use of guests at Casa Cappella is 12m x 6m and has a deep end with a diving board for the more adventurous amongst our guests. There is also a trampoline and table tennis for those seeking some physical activities. There is plenty of scope for exploration in the woods and olive groves belonging to the property. For ramblers or those who just enjoy a walk it is ideal as there are many walks either directly from the property or slightly further afield. For example it is only a short driving distance to the Garfagnana, an area of natural beauty in the Appenine mountain range. Casa Cappella is conveniently located for visits to Pisa and Florence as well as the seaside towns of Viaréggio and Livorno.
Top Traveller Review
The Original Tuscan Dream!
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
"Casa Capella is a magnificant getaway spot, and surpassed all of our expectations. The villa is situated at the very top of the hillside, overlooking the beautiful Tuscan landscape, homes, and towns below.
The description doesn't begin to describe all of its beauty and charm. The views from the property (especially at night when all lit up) were absolutely breathtaking.
The home is very charming, and we very much enjoyed the use of the large pool, trampoline, beautiful grounds, etc. The villa even has it's very own church.
We thoroughly enjoyed eating at the local bar, which is a pituresque 15-20 minute walk from the property. Not only was the food amazing (and very reasonably priced), but getting a first hand look at the local culture and community, is something that we felt very lucky to have experienced - we only wished we had gone sooner!
The villa is situated in a very good spot to explore other surrounding areas like the mountainous region of Garfagnana (Barga, especially was a very beautiful town), Lucca, Cinque Terre, Pisa, etc.
The villa was clean, well cared for, provided all the ammenities needed, and felt very homey.
A highlight of the experience was the authentic Italian dinner that was cooked for us by Casa Capella's housekeeper Christina. It is an absolute must (make sure you come hungry!) Christina must have been preparing for 2 days straight to have made that fantastic meal.
We had an amazing stay at Casa Capella, and hopefully we will be lucky enough to find ourselves there again.
Thank-you so much for the wonderful experience!”
4.9 based on 8 holidaymaker reviews
The Original Tuscan Dream!
Casa Capella was everything and more than we expected from the website pictures. It was simply stunning to say in and brought alive the Tuscan dream we had always wanted to experience. The house is beautifully Italian with cool stone floors and many windows to allow a cooling breeze waft through when the going gets ultra hot! The pool was quite simply fabulous and we felt like we owned the property ourselves as it was all so clean and well maintained. Our whole family of grown up children and partners and our little six year old son had plenty of living space and all agreed that it was the best family holiday we had ever had. Jack (6) learned to swim with confidence in one week but it should be noted that the pool is very deep one end, just so people with children know. No problem if you can trust your kids to behave! Overall an absolute dream of a location and property that we were privileged to experience.
First class villa, first class owner
Review title says it all. A wonderful villa high up in the Brancoli hills near Lucca, made more memorable by the pleasure of getting to know the owner, Valerie.
Large airy villa with good facilities
Well equipped home and fabulous swimming pool. Amazing views of the valley below.
We all enjoyed having the pool as the temperature rose to 41C on a few days. The drive up to the villa is best taken in daylight, so we spent several days relaxing by the pool and several visiting Lucca and Florence and the surrounding area.
The local restaurant Bar Tosca was excellent for an evening meal and we went twice, walking over the mountain.
Rural Tuscany at its best - absolutely fantastic!!
If you want to 'get-away-from-it-all' amongst breathtaking scenery with fantastic far reaching views this is for you!! The pool is stunning - being a good size and depth, complete with diving board. We were a party of two families, with a baby and two four year olds - the pool, trampoline, table tennis room, lovely walks, not to mention the spacious villa was perfect for us. The pizza evening was wonderful and great value! Thank-you to Valerie and Christina for such a wonderful holiday - we would love to return one day!
Second visit even better!
Another lovely holiday with my husband and teenage kids in a fantastic villa in an amazing location. The stunning views, beautiful pool and spacious villa make it hard to leave! The pool is huge and the diving board a big plus for teenagers! We also loved the local restaurant a short walk away especially Paulo the friendly owner who cooks great food!
We managed to drag ourselves away to Viareggio for a super day at the beach and Florence, an hours drive away. My abiding memory however is sunbathing and drinking prosecco by the pool looking at the view towards Lucca-simply wonderful!! Valerie and Cristina are a pleasure to deal with. Will be booking again!
THANK YOU VALERIE
Everything about our week in Casa Capella was wonderful. Valerie is such a pleasure to deal with. The house itself is just amazing, the views are stunning. It is a real escape! We definitely recommend having Christina and Alessandro over to cook pizza. It was a feast! We had such a great experience, thank you so much Valerie and Christina! :)
Activity and Interests
The drive to the beach is approximately 45 minutes.
Pisa airport is approximately 40 minutes drive from the property. Use of a car is essential.
Casa Cappella is conveniently located for visits to Pisa and Florence as well as the seaside towns of Viaréggio and Livorno.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
27 May 2017 - 30 Jun 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
1 Jul 2017 - 9 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£250|
Booking Notes: Early bookings for example for bookings between 4-6 months before the rental commences the deposit is 33.3% and the balance can be paid in either one or two further instalments.
Please contact me for full details, each request is considered individually.
Terms and Conditions
1. BOOKING A deposit of at least a third of the property rental must be paid. No contract with us will exist until we have received this amount and the booking form duly signed, and have subsequently confirmed your booking. Should you later cancel, cancellation charges will become payable in accordance with paragraph 3
2. PAYMENT OF THE BALANCE The balance of the payment must be paid at least six weeks before departure. If the balance is not received by us by the due date, we shall be entitled to cancel the booking without prejudice to our claim for cancellation charges, and to retain the deposit. For bookings made within eight weeks of departure date, you may be required to pay the full cost of your holiday at the time of booking.
3. CANCELLATION BY YOU It is agreed between us that should you wish to cancel all or any part of your booking, or that the booking is cancelled by us due to non-payment, then we shall be entitled to the following percentage of the holiday cost.8 weeks or more before departure, deposit(33.3% or as agreed) between 8-6 weeks before departure 50% 6 weeks or less before departure date 100% Cancellations must be received in writing by us.
Saturday is the preferred changeover day but in some circumstances we can be flexible. Please contact us to discuss your needs. Arrivals should be between 16:00 and 19:00 whenever possible and departures by 10:30.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- winery tours
- bird watching
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- Shower room 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Handbasin
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Bidet, Handbasin. Wet room with double shower.
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Bidet, Handbasin
- Bathroom with bath/shower over, WC, bidet and wash basin. Bathroom/wet room with double shower, WC, bidet and wash basin. Shower room with shower, WC and wash basin.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Plus Cot Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed with double aspect views to Lucca and of the pool. Bedroom 2 with twin beds and a wonderful view down the valley to Lucca. Bedroom 3 with double bed with view over the terrace to the pool. Bedroom 4 with two single beds.
- Notes on accommodation: Casa Cappella is close to the city of Lucca and has been modernised in typical Tuscan style. Outside: The garden and several acres of olive groves and chestnut woods surround the property. A terrace with loungers and deck chairs leads to the private pool that measures 12x6m with diving board. There is a trampoline and a table tennis table. A working pizza oven is found on the terrace and it can be arranged for pizza to be cooked for guests if they wish to book it. Utility Room: Washing machine, fridge/freezer, iron and ironing board. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are included with maid service twice a week. Other: Cantina/games room with table tennis table.