Villa in Mae nam, Ban Tai, Koh Samui, Thailand - Private, Peaceful And Popular With Return Guests, Beautiful Unspoilt Beach Within 4 Mins. Relax!
Villa Nirvana is a beautiful villa set in the hills of the private Santi Thani Estate. The villa has been designed to incorporate a wealth of advantages, including light, airy rooms, cool dispersal of breezes throughout the house, stunning views over the Gulf of Siam, plenty of different areas for people to sit and relax and a general feeling of ease. It is a very welcoming villa and is extremely popular with people who have visited in the past, as can be witnessed from the many enthusiastic 'write ups' in the guest books. There are stunning unspoilt beaches 4 minutes from the villa by car. On these beaches there are several restaurants serving both delicious Thai and International food. Also night market, food and clothes shops, open markets and supermarkets within 10 minutes of the villa. If you are looking for a quiet 'chill out' holiday, romance or sporting fun, you will find that the villa supports your mood and is always a welcome home to walk into. Massage,yoga,cook,babysitttin
Top Traveller Review
Villa Nirvana, a little piece of heaven...
We are so glad that you all had such a successful holiday at Villa Nirvana.
The pleasure was ours,
I gather that you were all a great hit with the Team!
And you and I had a few laughs getting the 'scramble' together!
What a success story all around.
I will be in touch with you by email and in the meantime hope that you have settled happily back into normal life and routine.
About the Owner
We live in the south West of England and have four grown up kids. We purchased Villa Nirvana in 2005 when we met up with our youngest daughter on her gap year in Thailand. We simply fell in love with the villa!
Since that time we have all spent many wonderful holidays there and let the property at times when we do not have family or friends booking it.
Unfortunately both Richard and I run our own business so have been less able that we had invisaged to escape for more of the year. Hopefully soon we will be able to take a bit more time off, but in the meantime we have several guests who I am pleased to say have returned once or twice to the villa, and many others who have been able to enjoy a couple of weeks in this truly wonderful villa.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Dear Richard and Julia, Thank you for 4 wonderful weeks in your villa. This is our 3rd stay in Santi Thani and Villa Nirvana is the one we felt most at home in. Emma's team has looked after us expertly so we go back to Hong Kong fully rested and completely satisfied. thanks and kind regards R, R and H Y. Hong Kong
Dear Julia & Richard, 'Nirvana' it is, absolutelly! We have enjoyed Koh Samui and knowing at the end of each day and the start of the next, we can wake up or sit overlooking, what must be, one of the most spectacular views anywhere!- shear Delight. Emma has looked after our every need and the staff, we actually met, were polite and helpful. We are at Pooh's - Sunshine Gourmet excellent. The speed boat trip to the National Park was a wonderful day. We hope to be lucky enough to return one day. In the interim we will have wonderful memories of a spectacular holiday. Our very best wishes and thanks for sharing your house with us. Lancs, UK.
Mny more to offer on request!
5 based on 4 holidaymaker reviews
Villa Nirvana, a little piece of heaven...
We were an exhausted family of 5 in desperate need of some TLC, and that is exactly what we got. The villa is so lovely. Really welcoming. A home away from home and we did not want to leave. Julia is an angel as were PU and Emma and Ten. All so helpful, and can't do enough to make your stay fabulous. We are already planning our return and hoping it will be next year, but for 3 weeks this time, 2 was not nearly enough... The journey up to the villa took some getting used to (hire the 4x4 on offer!), but even that turned into an adventure the kids (and I) relished! Koh Samui is Thailand at its best and we are even now considering buying a property up in the hills of Santi Thani which really is a lovely area, and well maintained. A big thank you to everyone for the most relaxing stay in Villa Nirvana. 😊
Villa novana is truly amazing, set in beautiful scenery. the villa itself it's stunning,Large spacious rooms and the pool area is an all day sun trap.
Staff who look after the villa can't help you enough. The lady "Au" who looked after us was amazing.
We will definitely be returning again, hopefully in the near future.
Beautiful and peaceful villa
A beautiful and spacious villa, perfect for family ( we were grandparents, parents and a 3 and 6 year old). The pictures are accurate as it really is a gorgeous place. Views are great (definitely need a car though as up steep hill!). The villa is perfectly appointed with great facilities - we stayed for 3 weeks and had everything we needed. The pool was perfect - grand-children's swimming came on brilliantly! Staff are excellent and really helpful, organizing cars, massages and information about the island. Good restaurants nearby and great beaches. Highly recommend for restful holiday.
Paradise at Villa Nirvana Koh Samui
My family has just returned from a fantastic three weeks at Villa Nirvana and I am already looking forward to my next visit.
We arrived at night and were greeted at the airport by our own personal mini van and driver. As we swooped into the hilltop driveway of the villa my children whooped with joy as the villa was majestic, perched on a hilltop overlooking the sea with views overlooking the islands of Ang Thong National Park, a view one could never tire of. Inside the villa is comfortable and inviting with a grand staircase and a vaulted roof in the hallway, virtually every aspect of the villa has views to die for. Many photos of sunsets and molten skies were taken from the bedroom balconies.
The pool is simply amazing with stunning views once again and very hard to drag yourself away from. The children had a wonderful time practically jumping in in their PJ's the minute they got up. On a practical note the doors from villa to pool can be locked if traveling with small children who need constant supervision around water.
The property is managed by a very efficient team who have an office at the bottom of the hill. As if by magic Au appeared on her moped the first morning of our arrival to make sure we had everything we needed, the fab Toyota Hillux ( which proved invaluable for getting round the island) arrived on the driveway. A team of masseuse ladies arrived to ease away our aches and pains with aroma massages under the sala by the pool! On top of all this Au had arranged for the fridge to be filled ( at local cost ) with wine, Singa beer (very welcome when arriving in the evening after a long flight) and our list of groceries. The team also provide complimentary flowers, juice, milk, bread etc, enough to see you through breakfast.
Everywhere was kept spotlessly clean by a team of cleaners who visited twice a week and who would also take your dirty washing and return it washed and ironed ( for a small charge). Brand new washing machine in the utility room above the garage.
The villa is situated in a less touristy area of Koh Samui and so transport is essential. As the villa is reached by very steep roads ( incredibly picturesque however ) , I strongly recommend a car and not a moped. This can be booked through Emma (manager) for a very reasonable price. The Toyota Hillux we hired coped very well with the hills and enabled us to travel round the island and get off the beaten track. We found many beautiful beaches this way. Thanks again Julia!! Xx
From the Owner
“One of the reasons that we love the villa as much as we do, is that it is completely private and quiet. It is set in its own gardens, there are many species of birds and butterflies that visit during the day and the views from the villa are magnificent. We see the most amazing skyscapes in both good and bad weather with storms brewing over the Anthong islands a few miles out to sea. And spectacular sunsets. Villa Nirvana has been selected by The Daily Telegraph Travel team as their choice of Villa in Thailand for 2012!”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Spas are plentiful on Koh Samui and you can get massages and treatments from Spa Hotels or the many boutique hotels.
We can also arrange for massages, treatments and yoga at the villa.
There are many places offering yoga on the island but I use the Health Oasis for this at 8.30 in the mornings! It is only a five minute drive and fabulous setting. The teacher there, who is brilliant, offers sessions at the villa at local cost.
These can be booked and arranged for guests at the Villa.
You can go home with the advantage of having learnt the technique of Thai massage. This can be arranged at the villa.You can do a courses at the Oasis, including Reiki, breathing,etc.
Robin Mulholland is a pro with a purpose!
He wants you to enjoy your game!
We are now hooked!
One off lessons, courses of lessons, Course management, at last you can enjoy the game!
Vouchers offered to Nirvana guests.
Babysitting can also be arranged
There are stunning unspoilt beaches 4 minutes away from the villa by car. Bang Po beach is 2.5 km long. There are several restaurants serving both delicious Thai and International food. Maenam beach, one of the longest on the island, is minutes away from the villa and has many restaurants and hotels open to non-residents offering water sports. Boat trips for fishing or diving can be arranged in Maenam as well as visits to other islands. We have beachmats at the villa for beach use.
20 min from Samui airport .
4 min from the nearest Beach and restaurants.
10 min from Nathon with shops, port and markets.
10 min from Maenam with shops, restos and openmarkets. Thurs night street market. 25 min Chaweng with Tesco Hypermarket, Big C, Macro hotels, restaurants, nightclubs and bars. 12 minutes from the fisherman's village of Bhoput where there are shops, restaurants and bars with live music, many of which stay open until the early hours. Sat night street market. See info folder
The town of Nathon is 10 minutes drive from the house where you can go to local markets and find clothes shops, arts and crafts stores as well as chemists and a Tesco store. Less than ten minutes in the opposite direction there is the small town of Maenam where there are many restaurants and small shops as well as the Maenam beach on which there are plenty of bars and restaurants. There are also fresh food markets here as well as small supermarkets where you can buy most essentials.See info.
The Santiburi Hotel has floodlit tennis courts and you can book these. We like to play early in the morning, but have played in the evenings and then used their smart changing rooms for showers and gone on out for the evening. You can hire rackets and balls.
Kite surfing. this can be arranged in Nathon.
Golf. already mentioned. But you can also play at the Samui County Club in Lamai. No Caddies! but buggies included,see info at the villa.
But all are here.
nearest is four mins away outside the pharmacy or 7/11.
You can withdraw larger sums of cash from banks but you need your passport etc....
Travel agents, airline companies, hospitals etc all details are in the villa.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
15 Oct 2016 - 16 Dec 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
17 Dec 2016 - 28 Feb 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
1 Mar 2017 - 15 Oct 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
16 Oct 2017 - 10 Dec 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
The weekly price includes transfers to and from the airport. It also includes the maintenance and staff services to the villa during your stay. Also included is your laundry for bedlinen and towels. Car hire can be arranged and the car delivered up to the villa on your arrival. 50% Deposit required within 7 days of confirmation. Full payment required 30 days prior to commencement date.
in the event of cancellation, your deposit is useable for yourselves, friends, family for twelve months.
Notes on prices:
We supply a welcome pack on your arrival of fruit, flowers, milk juices, water, yogurt, etc
We can arrange the following services at local costs
Fridge and larder supplies for your arrival
Baby nappies etc.
Services that we can supply include:
I supply my mobile telephone number with all enquiries, I am happy to advise on Koh Samui. Whether or not you choose our Villa. Very willingly. It is a
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“As the villa is set up on a hill not only are the views wonderful but also we are lucky to have cool breezes even in the hottest months. The architect of the villa took full advantage of this by designing the villa with a high ceiling central hall including a minstrel gallery so that the air circulates throughout the entire house. We quite often feel so relaxed that in the evenings we just pop down to the beach to one of the restaurants there, and have even taken a pack of cards and just sat there for a while having a drink before a meal. The local restaurants will always offer you a welcome and are very happy to provide you with a take away if you feel like being at the villa for your meal.”
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- near the sea
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- horse riding
- outlet shopping
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- jet skiing
- mountain biking
- bay fishing
- surf fishing
- water skiing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- 3 bathrooms En-suite bathroom to main bedroom, bath, walk-in shower, basin with cupboards, wc. Second bathroom, large walk-in shower, basin with cupboards, wc. Third bathroom, large walk-in shower, basin with cupboards, wc. Soap etc supplied throughout.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms). Can split one double bed. Notes on bedrooms: The main bedroom has super king bed, fitted cupboards and dressing table. Balcony with chairs and table. The second bedroom has large double bed which can be split into 2 single beds, balcony with chairs and table. The third bedroom has a double bed.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The design of the house means that you will be fanned by a gentle breeze throughout. There are fans in all the downstairs rooms. All bedrooms have remote control air conditioning. ceiling fans in two. You will find selections of games, books, CDs and DVDs at the villa. Also satelite TV . Information on on the islands, restuarants, massage,etc. are provided. The guest books at the villa are illuminating and we highly recommend you browse them. We have a pond at the villa which attracts butterflies and dragonflies. We have seating there if you want to get away from it all. There's a Bird Book which we encourage guest to add to....please note any sightings! I suppose our main strength in letting the Villa which we love, is that we have a full support team for guests. Travel problems, anxieties, illness, you have aport of call in the form of Emma Derbyshire, our house manager. The house if fully managed during your stay. We can provide, cooks, massage,babysitting, yoga Outside: The villa is in a very quiet area. It has a private west facing infinity pool, a west facing garden, a west facing patio area, with table and chairs for 6, west facing balconies, panoramic sea views, interesting skyscapes. There are plenty of areas of seating for guests including a sala with 2 sun loungers, as well as other sun loungers. There is a carport with automatic lighting. The pool and the house are lit at night so that you can enjoy being outside in the evenings. The garden is well stocked with tropical plants and is a haven for birds, butterflies, moths. The villa is not overlooked and is absolutely private. In six years of letting and living we have not lost a single item from the villa. however we do have a safe. Not that we have ever used it! Security 'team' is part of life here at the villa and you will here them every so often checking up that you are OK. They are a lovely friendly team and have been known to help, us and others who have forgotten keys! Utility Room: The utility room has a washing machine and sink. There is also an iron and ironing board.We offer a laundry service at local cost, but to be honest the machine has a quick wash and things dry very quickly here! you can smooth them and hang up! Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Maid service two times a week. This can be increased if desired. Sheets and towels are changed every three days. Towels for pool use are supplied. The pool and garden will be serviced and cleanded during your stay. Maintenance, change light bulbs. Other: The hallway is beautiful with a gallery above. It is very high, light and airy and ensures a wonderful circulation of air throughout the house. , There is a seperate TV/DVD room, perfect for getting kids out of the sun and sporty husbands out of the way