Villa in San Roque Golf Club, Sotogrande, Costa del Sol - Set In Tranquil, Private Garden With Golf And Restaurants A Short Stroll Away
A detached, four-bedroom, four-bathroom villa at the world famous San Roque golf club, a secure, gated resort near Sotogrande, Andalucia, Spain. Overlooking the eleventh tee on the San Roque Old Course, this delightful and luxuriously furnished villa is within minutes of San Roque's two championship golf courses (Spanish Open, European Tour School) and the riding stables. Restaurants and bars are a five minute walk away, ranging from the club's Mediterranean-style terrace bar and cafe, or Tango's lively bar and restaurant by a stunning swimming pool. Within a quarter hour drive, there are five more golf courses (including Valderama, Sotogrande and Almenara) and the beaches of Alcadeisa or Sotogrande with its Hobie catamaran sailing school. Inland lie the ancient towns of Castellar, Jimena & Ronda. San Roque is a simple one-hour drive from Malaga airport, or 20 minutes from Gibraltar airport.
About the Owner
Nigel Tomkins has a globetrotting career in newspaper and magazine publishing, journalism. For him, it was the quality of golf (two San Roque courses, plus Valderrama) that drew his attention. 'There's so much else to offer - the tranquility, the friendliness - and only a short journey from my UK home'.
Guestbook comments from the owner
'You have a fantastic villa and the garden is also really stunning. Our 18 month old son absolutely adored running around outside ..' Plowman family (July 2014)
'We had a lovely time in your beautiful villa. Thank you so very much!' Radu Abrudan (July 2014)
'We would like to offer you both our heartfelt thanks for the use of your magical villa over the last week, it's been perfect.' Findler family (June 2014)
'Your lovely villa is an absolutely delightful and charming home, in a marvellous location, and was perfect for the family celebratory occasion we had planned for. The entire family enjoyed every single moment of every day, and our two grandchildren spent endless hours each day playing in the pool. The weather was extremely pleasant for the whole week, and we thoroughly enjoyed eating out most evenings in either the hotel restaurants or the harbour-side restaurants in Sotogrande.’ Mike Harris (Oct)
From the Owner
“The San Roque Club sits in an idyllic spot, nestling in ancient cork woods, peering down at the Mediterranean Sea. It benefits from the consistently high sunshine levels associated with the climate in this part of the world and takes relief from the cooling breezes that fan along the coast stretching from beyond Tarifa in the west to Marbella and Malaga in the east. The golf club itself offers a range of additional facilities from casual and fine dining, tennis, horse riding and social events, all within walking distance.”
Activity and Interests
Fifteen minutes away are the beaches of Alcaidesa or Sotogrande with its German-run sailing school offering windsurfing and Hobie-Cat catamarans. Twenty minutes away is the majestic Rock of Gibraltar which, with its unusual cultural and historical heritage, offers a duty-free haven for shoppers, and fascinating day trips watching dolphins, observing the apes or visiting St Michael’s Caves. 40 minutes to the west is the long, sandy beach of Tarifa, a mecca for wind and kitesurfers alike.
Malaga is one hour away, via a superb, unfrequented toll motorway.
Gibraltar airport is an easy twenty minutes away. Jerez airport is an hour and a quarter away.
Car hire: Dozens of companies offer good deals at all three airports.
Pueblo Nuevo - 4 miles
Alcadeisa - 3 miles
Sotogrande - 5 miles
Gibraltar - 10 miles
Estepona - 20 miles
Marbella - 35 miles
The nearest supermarkets are Mercadonna and Supercor in Pueblo Nuevo. In the local area: Sotogrande and San Roque offer a myriad of alternative restaurants, bars and entertainment hot-spots as well as some beautiful, unspoilt countryside, quiet beaches and historic, typical Andalucian villages. There is also world-class polo and tennis facilities available nearby.
Nightlife: Sotogrande offers bars, clubs and restaurants as do Marbella (45 minutes away) and Puerto Banus (30 minutes).
Shopping: There are many retail outlets in nearby Estapona, Puerto Duquesa or Puerto Banus. Gibraltar offers duty-free shopping.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 18 Dec 2016
1 night minimum stay
for 1 night
My Standard Rate
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
• Rental charges are individually agreed by email or 'phone and confirmed in writing. Payment is in £ sterling or euros.
• To book, a non-refundable deposit of 25% of the total rental charge is required. Bank transfers or £ cheques are accepted.
• Upon payment of your deposit, you will receive confirmation of your reservation and a receipt for monies paid.
• The outstanding balance should be paid in full 8 weeks prior to your arrival date, along with a £500 refundable deposit against damages.
During peak season (July and August), the changeover day is usually Saturday. Arrival: 3pm. Departure: 10am.
Outside peak season, we are much more flexible, so please contact us to discuss your plans.
Notes on prices:
Prices are fully inclusive of costs of all electricity (24-hour air con, hot water etc), barbecue gas, pool heating and laundry. Discounts for bookings of two weeks or more, or occupancy by just two people (out of peak season only).
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“I bought my first house here as an off-plan purchase about 13 years ago and then decided to buy another larger property (just 400 metres away) so that I could easily entertain larger groups of family and friends. 'I also love exploring the region and gazing at its architecture, its birdlife (golden eagles and colourful Hoopoes amongst others), trying local food delicacies, learning Spanish, lazing on the local beaches, sailing and golfing. I particularly enjoy the fact that I can safely undertake long exercise walks and runs (up to eight kilometres) from and to the house.'”
- Sports & Activities
- Air Conditioning ...
- Hair Dryer
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Games ...
- Pool Table
- Satellite / Cable
- Television ...
- Video Library ...
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- Bedroom 1: ensuite bathroom - bath, shower, bidet, wc & twin basins. Bedroom 2: ensuite bathroom - shower, wc & basin. Bedroom 3: ensuite bathroom - shower, wc & basin. Bedroom 4: shower room - shower, wc & basin. Underfloor heating & marble tiles.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 9
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 9 (4 bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: All four bedrooms have either a king-size double bed or two 90cm single beds, and are made up as requested. The beds are very comfortable. There is also a travel cot/playpen & extra bed. Each bedroom has a private terrace or balcony.
- Golf ...
- Tennis ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: This is a privately-owned house containing owners' furniture and possessions and we kindly request that you leave our home as you find it. The house is well-stocked with foodstuffs (tea bags, coffee, sugar, condiments, sauces, cereals etc) and cleaning materials and operates on a trust basis which works very well, providing guests replace whatever is used. Most of the windows are fitted with electric shutters which are not only useful for security, but also for keeping rooms dark and/or cool during the height of summer. We respectfully ask that children should never be allowed to operate these shutters as they could be potentially dangerous. There is a code-operated safe in the master bedroom. Smoking is not permitted inside the villa. Thank you. Outside: Private, heated swimming pool (8m x 4.5m approx) with sunbeds and cushions, overlooked by a raised, bamboo gazebo with table and built-in seating — a perfect place for children to play or eat out of the sun, or, later in the day, simply to watch the sun go down with a few drinks. There is a tranquil garden, professionally designed garden with ancient cork oak trees, wide expanses of lawn, fruit trees and borders. Two large, covered terraces run adjacent to the sitting room, with dining table and chairs providing open views over the garden, swimming pool or to the unspoilt Andalucian hills to the west. A large hammock provides a lovely place to snooze in the sun, and there is a sofa and chairs. A gas barbecue is nearby. Finally, a large inner, walled courtyard houses a 7' pool table, high table and bar stools. Children and non-swimmers must at all times be supervised whilst outdoors in the garden, especially near the swimming pool, and the owners cannot be held liable. Utility Room: Tumble dryer and clothes airer. High chair. Box of childrens' toys. Spare gas cylinders for the barbecue. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All beds have duvets and pillows, and are made up with freshly laundered sheets and pillow cases. Cleaning and linen change by prior arrangement. Swimming / beach towels are included (guests to wash as needed). Other: By the pool, there's a charming gazebo with table and benches, creating shade for children during the day, or a quiet spot for evening cocktails. An inner walled courtyard has a 7' slate bed pool table. Hammock, sofa & sunloungers on covered terraces.