Apartment in Praia da Luz, Western Algarve, Portugal - Peaceful Location, 10 Minutes Walk To The Beach
Modern 2 bedroom and 2 bathroom apartment which sleeps 4 & is ideal for families ( hire of camp beds is available ) There is a shared swimming pool on site with children's pool & play area, plus a cafe-bar which caters for all. The apartment is situated on the west side of the attractive and lively resort of Praia da Luz. A short walk will bring you to the beach, with bars and shops along the front. The local supermarket is only a short walk away where you can find fresh fruit and veg, a delicatessen & a bakery. The larger town of Lagos is only a short taxi or bus ride away, where you will find many fine restaurants, bars and shops based around the newly developed marina.
About the Owner
The apartment is owned by Jean, Peter and Sarah who have been married for 30yrs. Sarah is a Psychatric Nurse and Peter a Operations Supervisor. We have 2 daughters our eldest called Chelsee who a fully Qualified General Nurse and Brogan who is a Care Worker. Jean is who is now retired and enjoys nothing more than popping over to the apartment to relax and enjoy the ambiance.
Pete and Sarah love holidaying around Europe and try and take weekend breaks when ever our work life allows.
We enjoy visiting interesting places here and abroad.
From the Owner
“We love the Algarve and fell in love with it 10 years ago on our 1st visit. Praia da luz has so much character and just feels so nice to be in when on holiday and staying for some time. The village is less than an hour from the airport but once there see or hear no aircraft or noise from traffic.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
The apartment is on the west side of the Algarve where surfing and windsurfing are popular sporting activities using the big rollers of the Atlantic. Its rugged coast line offers fantastic views and enjoyable walking experiences.
The apartment is a 10 minutes walk to a beautifully clean and pleasant beach which has sun beds and parasols. There are watersports, rockpools and refreshments from bars along the beach front.
Faro airport is 1 hour away from the apartment. Taxi's can be arranged through us or many guests use the Resort Hoppa. All the main car hire companies are located at the airport.
The apartment is in the village of Praia da Luz. It is a 5-10 minute walk to the local beach or a taxi/bus ride (20 minutes) to the town of Lagos. Sagres (Worlds End) is a 30 minute car ride from the apartment, and the small village Burgau is a short bus/taxi ride away where there are a few cafes/bars and a small beach.
Praia da Luz has many small bars, a supermarket, plenty of local shops with local produce. There is are chemists, an internet cafe, banks and lots of friendly pubs and bars. There is a Water Fun Park and a Water Zoo about 30 minutes drive away.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 31 Dec 2016
1 night minimum stay
for 1 night
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£100|
Booking must have a 20% deposit (non refundable) with balance 4 weeks before holiday. £150 damage waiver which is refundable once apartment has been checked.
Saturday is the preferred day of change but we will consider requests. Guests must leave by 10am on departure day unless otherwise arranged. Guests arriving can access apartment from 2pm. Bags can be dropped off earlier if necessary.
Booking must have a 20% deposit (non refundable) with balance 4 weeks before holiday. £100 damage waiver which is refundable once apartment has been checked.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The apartment is about 5 minutes walk down the hill from the complex, the walk is pleasant and you can walk along the promenade from the top of the village to beach. The village is clean and tidy and well looked after by local residence and local council. No cars are needed if you're happy either to walk, taxi or catch a bus to other local villages or town.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1 has a W/C, basin, shower unit and mirror. Bathroom 2 has a W/C, bidet, basin, bath/shower and large mirror.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4/6 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 has twin beds with bedside table and built in wardrobes. Patio doors to balcony overlooking pool and gardens. Bedroom 2 has twin beds with bedside table and built in wardrobes. Patio doors to large balcony which connects to living area.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The apartment is cool day and night. Heaters are available. Access to the pool requires Pool a code for the gate which will be given out before you travel Outside: The complex is very family friendly. The pool has an attendant with security fencing around it and a security gate to enter. There is a play area for young children & the apartment overlooks the pool and play area. There are sun beds and parasols around the pool for all guests. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: There is a cleaning service supplying fresh linen and towels, these are changed depending on length of stay. Guests must supply own beach towels. Other: The apartment has 2 balconies, one overlooking the pool & gardens and the other overlooking the town.