Townhouse in Burriana, Nerja, Costa del Sol, Spain - 300 Meters To The Main Beach And Within Walking Distance To The Balcon De Europa And Old Town
Luxuriously appointed townhouse in Burriana 5 min walk to beach. Spacious 34 sq.mt. lounge with sun-terrace suitable for dining. Rooftop Solarium with loungers, both main terraces have all day sunshine due to being an end house and larger in size. Has side steps directing to the pool. On the top deck, with sun-loungers there is also a shower and BBQ. Large bathroom shower/toilet/bidet and downstairs separate shower-room/toilet. Hairdryer, towels, beach-towels. Full stereo sound system in both lounge and master bedroom - free wireless internet connection - air-conditioning and ceiling fans. Master bedroom equipped with MP3/i Pod stereo sound system. Smart TV, Satellite H.D. Digital Flat screen, with NETFLIX, so everything available by remote and Wifi - childrens' channels, all the latest Movies and TV series to have a cozy night at home. Beautiful blue granite kitchen with all mod cons. Large communal pool, private garage. Spectacular sea and mountain views. Very private roof sun lounge with BBQ and h/c shower. Below the house and next to the garage, there is a very cool chill-out Den with stax of books for taking time-out and relaxing quietly and there is also a full size American pool table. This very comfortable and stylish townhouse on four levels, is approx. 350 meters from the main beach which has sports facilities such as Scuba diving, canoeing, children and adult adventure trips including horse-riding, there are also bars, shops, supermarkets, cafes/restaurants. The house is a private home so does not have the spartan feel of a rental property, is warm, tastefully furnished and very stylish. The owner is a designer and set stylist. There are hotels near-by providing entertainment and there are more than 100 restaurants in the quaint town of Nerja which is a five minute taxi ride from the house, or less than a half hour walk. Nerja Town steps back from the beautiful Balcon de Europa, an ancient land-mark that towers over the Mediterranean sea. So 'Snugboro' is perfectly situated a short walk to the main beach, in a quiet location and with easy access to the town, with restaurants, bars, clubs and many fashionable shops and boutiques to be enjoyed. Lots of beach toys for children including sea-loungers beach chairs, buckets and spades, bats and balls, a huge stack in the private garage including pool loungers etc.
There is a wonderful large glass fronted fire with plenty of cut Olive wood for burning for winter evenings, or anytime for that matter.
Lots of beach towels, house towels and everything to make your holiday a wonderful success!
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
I absolutely love living in Nerja! I bought the house off plans way back in 1999 and moved here as a permanent base after the build was completed, in 2004.
In the summertime I usually return to Ireland each year for the three months of June, July and August, so I rent my gorgeous home in Nerja for those months.
Most rental Houses and apartments have that 'rental property' feel to them, a sort of emptiness with no real style or character, so holiday people are delighted when they walk into my house and find a colorful, unique, comfortable and cozy home and are surprised at all the equipment and gadgets, and especially by the warm style.
Holiday time is a very special time with loved ones and the setting should be right! This house is a home. The name of the house is 'Snugboro'.
Guestbook comments from the manager
Have yet to hear that any guests were anything but totally delighted and pleasantly surprised with the comfort and luxury of my house and how ideally situated it is between beach and town but at the same time quietly secluded and very private!
4.2 based on 5 holidaymaker reviews
Frequent visitors to Nerja and like to try new Villas each time if possible.
The Villa is fantastically situated and the grounds and pool are tended to daily.
The accommodated is of a great size but unfortunately need some TLC to bring up to date and standard.
Limited kitchen ware, worn furniture and bedding and not as clean as most Villas....however David did state that this was to be rectified soonest. Once attanded to would not hesitate to recommend this Villa and give a ***** rating :)
David was a very welcoming owner who made the stay comfortable and cosy. Facilities great - very comfortable beds, if a little short for taller guests. Location easy to find and although a steep ascent to reach the apartment from Burriana beach, the walk back from town using the main road was easy. Overall a good find which we would probably use again
Great location, lovely and perfect to all our family needs! Views from villa lovely x We all had so much fun x
From the beginning the booking process was very straightforward and David the owner was very accomodating with the dates. We arrived on the 20th Feb for a six week break. We found the accomodation very comfortable and well placed for Burriana beach, the local supermarket and within walkable distance from the centre of ?erja.
The accomodation is near the top of a fairly steep hill which may be a problem for those with mobility problems. There were good views from the roof top terrace to the sea and the mountains behind. We have been to ?erja many times and have always found plenty to do even off season as there many good bars and restaurants and lots of lovely walks in the hills and valleys behind ?erja. The grounds of the complex where the accomodation is situated were well looked after by a friendly Spanish lady. We would recommend this property and would not hesitate to stay there again
Excellent holiday home
Prior to our holiday we done a lot of research as we wanted a home from home feel. After finding this town house on Owners Direct we thought this would be perfect. We emailed the owner on a few occasions with various questions and always received emails straight back. The description of the property is exactly how the property is very homely indeed. When we arrived to our surprise there was a lovely welcome pack including bread, butter, cookies, milk, tea, coffee and white wine. We totally did not expect this and thought that was a lovely gesture much appreciated. The house is the owners home and it is so welcoming , it was very clean and tidy. The large plasma tv shows all freeview channels great for the kids, and good Wifi. There is a nice pool which my two young children loved. The walk to the beach took us 8 minutes max, slightly longer on our return just due to the heat and hill. I would defiantly recommend this property. Nerja is a beautiful place and this is our second year and our children love here too.
From the Owner
“Fuentesol (fountain of sun) is a quiet urbanisation, of 27 houses, only 6 are holiday rentals, owners mostly live abroad. A 5 minute walk brings you to the main road and a large supermarket called 'Supersol', also a five minute walk to the supermarket Mercadona. Burriana Beach, the main beach in Nerja, is at the bottom of the road, where you can find a small Supermarket, many Restaurants, Bars, Shops, Boutique's, Diving school, Adventure Cafe with Horse Riding, Canoeing, Organised Walks etc. There are many Seafront Cafes and Restaurants including Ayo's, an open-air Paella seafood Restaurant where you can eat as much as you want, one price! The shortest and most scenic walk to town and the Balcon de Europa, is about 15 minutes from Burriana along the coast. By the main road it takes about half an hour, taxi ride from town costs about 8 Euro to the house.”
Activity and Interests
The main beach of Buriana is a 10 minute walk approx and has a Supermarket, lots of shops and stacks of restaurants!
Canopied sunbeds with comfortable mattresses can be hired on the beach. Carabeo Beach is a walk along the beach to the right towards the Balcon de Europa and is a more natural beach. H2O is a nice cafe/cocktail bar where free Wi-fi is available. There are many beautiful natural beaches just a short drive away toward Granada including a naturist family beach with 2 restaurants.
Malaga Airport is aprox a 45 minute drive from Nerja. If you plan to spend your time in Nerja, car hire is not essential and traffic can be cruel. A taxi ride from town center to Fuentesol is €8 and takes less than 10 minutes, walking takes about half an hour. Daytime there's a short-cut along the coast.
Airport Transport can be arranged for you.
There is a regular bus service to Malaga every hour, the old City where Picaso was born is worth a visit. Also bus to Frigliana, a must see is 15 min by bus and has many times won the top prize for 'Pueblo Blanco' best while mountain village. There are lotsof restaurants and shops. It a place wgere many artists, writers and musicians live. Has wonderful views down to the sea and across the Sierra Navada mountains and other ranges.
The beautiful and quaint old town of Nerja reaches back from the famous 'Balcon de Europa', and has many up-market shops, bars, hundreds of restaurants and everything one could possibly require, about a 30 minutes walk, a taxi ride will cost €10. There are 3 large supermarkets, 2 in town, one near to the house.
The house is situated between the main N340 road (opposite Supersol supermarket and down the road from Hotel Nerja Club) and the beach at Burriana. Drive-in outer and private garage.
There are banks and ATM machines within walking distance. The famous Caves of Nerja are 4km away and there are many couch tours available from Nerja to the Al Hambra in Granada etc. The closest large supermarket is 'Supersol' on the main road and a 10 minute walk, the best supermarket is in town, called 'Marcadona'. There is a Sunday car-boot sale nearby which is the best place to buy second-hand books and has 100+ stalls of all sorts of interesting stuff and a snack bar nearby. Frigliana is the cutest 'Pueblo Blanco' White Village, and you can catch a bus there. Lots of lovely restaurants and cafe bars along winding cobbled streets with some tourist shops, honey and wine shop, herbal shop etc. Look through the local free magazines for info on markets, bus time-tables to Malaga etc.
The main beach, Burianna has a large variety of cafes, snack bars, restaurants and bars.
Children's play areas on the beach, volleyball, slides etc. Hundreds of comfortable sunbeds with sunshades, Lifeguards. There are lots of other more secluded beaches nearby and especially along the direction of Granada, a breath-taking drive.
Two markets per weeks, Sunday is bric-a-brak and the Tuesday market is tourist stuff and fresh food stalls, great prices for gifts to take home!
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
Early Summer Rate
10 Jun 2017 - 7 Jul 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
High Summer Rate
8 Jul 2017 - 25 Aug 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
26 Aug 2017 - 29 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
30 Sep 2017 - 9 Jun 2018
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Booking deposit (non-refundable) of 25% is necessary, when received, will confirm. The full amount is payable six weeks before arrival. Will provide banking details, only bank transfer accepted. All payments in Euro only, exact equivlent of BP. Departure time: 10-30am. Arrival: 4-30pm.
Saturday change-over only. Personal property manager is just a phone-call away for any info or emergencies and also to arrange the hire of any equipment (such as baby car seats, cots etc.) or transport required.
Changeover day is Saturday. Arrival time 4-30pm. Departure time 10-30am.
Notes on prices:
My house is available for Winter lets in 2016/7 so if you fancy a sunny break away from the miserable weather, this is a heaven of comfort and perfectly situated for beach, town and nature strolls!
An amazing wood-fire with unlimited wood, more than 250 Movies for the evenings and all mod cons inc. Wifi, large flat screen smart TV, library, full size American pool table and a cozy interior decorators unusual home, so unlike normal sterile rental houses, this is a home! Special Winter holiday prices available on request.
25% for confirmation of booking, remainder due six weeks before arrival.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The 'Top Deck' sun terrace is a perfect place to sun-tan all day at home and there's a roof-top shower for when you need to cool off, (hot water also, in case you want to shampoo before going indoors). Beautiful views of both mountains and sea, it's very private and is not over-looked. There is also a built-in Bar-B-Q for evening snacks under the stars. The lounge Terrace with table and benches, is large enough for a family of four to dine out-doors. From there you can also overlook the swimming pool to keep an eye on children. This is a lovely place to sit under the sun umbrella, chill out, have a drink, relax and read. The house is beautifully situated at the South East end of the urbanisation, closest to the sea and so has sunshine all day long. Semi-detached with flowers and trees at the side, easiest access to the swimming pool. Fantastic views.”
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Garage ...
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove ...
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Game Room
- Music Library
- Pool Table
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- pets not allowed ...
- wheelchair inaccessible
- near the sea
- autumn foliage
- live theatre
- naturist beach
- recreation centre
- bird watching
- horse riding
- outlet shopping
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- jet skiing
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- ski lift pass
- bay fishing
- water skiing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Spacious bathroom with toilet/bath/shower/bidet/washbasin. Downstairs shower with toilet/washbasin (very convenient for coming from the pool or beach). Games-room with assortment of beach toys, lilos, bats and balls etc. Also full sized American pool table.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master bedroom - double bed - lots of wardrobe space - small balcony with sea and mountain views - MP3 stereo system - air/con plus fan - long mirrors. 2nd bedroom - twin single beds - large wardrobe - long mirrors ceiling fan/mobile fan - reading light
- Balcony ...
- Boat ...
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Barbecue ...
- Veranda ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Tennis ...
- Water Sports Gear ...
- Notes on accommodation: Children playing in the pool can be viewed from the lounge terrace for peace of mind. The home movie theater is a new addition which holds more than 500 movies and music videos, latest and classics. Easy to operate with remote control. So you can look through the list and choose a different movie to watch each evening on the large flat-screen high definition TV, also movies for kids; 'Harry Potter' etc. Like your own private movie theater. As the house is end of terrace, it is larger than the rest, has extra windows with blinds and so lots of light, white marble floors throughout. Situated at South end, so sun all day long. Sunbathing on roof terrace morning til night, sun on lounge terrace from noon, terrace overlooks pool and is suitable for outdoor dining. Owner lives in the house 8 months of the year and is an interior designer, so it's not like the usual rental property but is a homely, comfortable, cozy and colourful, spacious, sumptuous and salubrious! Best value for money! Outside: There is lots of space for sunloungers around the pool and a grass area beside the pool. There are also flower beds along the houses facing the pool. Sunbeds and pool chairs are stored in the garage but must be returned in the evening. The pool is approx 18 x 7m. The pool is shared. The house is closest walking distance to the pool and overlooks the pool. The house is also the most secluded and has no neighbors overlooking, very private roof sun-terrace for sun bathing. There is a sun terrace through large glass sliding doors off the lounge with dining table and seats, perfect place for dining outdoors in the evenings. Small plant garden and pot plants on the terrace, also plants outside the front door and around the side of the house which give colour on the way to the pool. Roof sun terrace with two comfortable sun beds, wooden table and chairs, sun umbrella, shower and purpose build Bar-B-Q, perfect for snacks! The small balcony off the master bedroom allows a romantic sunset. Utility Room: Private garage, lots of space. Books, children's beach toys, lilo's, beach chairs and sun loungers etc. All beach equipment stored there, ready to go for next beach trip. Also a separate 'Den' or games/reading room with a full sized American pool table. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All linen/towels supplied + changed weekly, lots of separate beach towels. House thoroughly cleaned before your arrival. There is games-room with cards/ board games/ books/ reading couches/ chill-out space and also a full sized American pool Table. Other: Very private roof terrace with sun loungers - purpose built Bar-B-Q. Shower - clothes airing rack - wooden table and chairs - beautiful panoramic sea and mountain views. Sea view from master bedroom pillow. Beautifully maintained gardens and pool area.