Stunning farmhouse in Pietralunga, Umbria - A Perfect Getaway for Large Groups, Families, and Friends - with 20m Infinity Pool & Tennis Court
In 'the green heart of Italy’ the house is a perfect retreat in the hills with over 50 acres of land, with enough to do onsite with a 20 metre solar heated swimming pool, tennis court, and bocce court, and with plenty of day trips accessible - from the main cities of Perugia and Arezzo, to the basilicas of Assisi, and from the historic towns of Citta di Castello and Gubbio, to romantic hill-top villages such as Montone, as well as providing easy access to Tuscany and the beaches at Fano. The house has been beautifully restored with many original features such as exposed brickwork and beams throughout and original fireplaces combined with stainless steel state of the art kitchens, luxurious bathrooms, four poster beds, and other modern conveniences such as underfloor heating, satellite TV, and stunning outdoor lighting. The house can sleeps 12 comfortably (all bedrooms except one with en-suite) and is surrounded by a formal garden flowing seamlessly into mountainous Umbrian views.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
"Totally blown away by the beauty of what you have created, both inside and out."
"We all had a great time, you really have created a beautiful home and everyone looked after us very well. It is very hard to fault anything you have done, what is so nice it has a very personal feel you and Ailsa have a great eye for design and you haven't cut corners to save cost."
"Exceeding all expectations. Loving every detail."
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Microlighting can be arranged. This is a fantastic area for walking and truffle hunting (seasonal). Mountain biking can also be done from the house with miles and miles of "white tracks" nearby.
1 hour to the walled beach town of Fano.
Perugia (45 minutes)
Bologna Forli (1 hour 45 min)
Ancona (2 hours)
Rome (2 hour 45 min)
Pietralunga - 7 min. Citta di Castello - 20 min. Gubbio - 20 min. Montone - 20 min. Umbertide - 30 min. Perugia - 45 min. Arezzo - 1 hour. Ancona - 1 hour. Assisi - 1 hour. Cortona - 1 hour. Todi - 1 hour 15 mins. Fano (beaches) - 1 hour 30 min. Florence - 2 hours. Sienna - 2 hours. Rome - 3 hours.
- Booking Notes:
Booking to be done through website (see below).
Preferred changeover day is Saturday or Sunday.
- Available arrival
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- pets considered
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- Bed 1: shower/wc/sink (can share with Bed 2 if a family). Bed 3: shower/wc/sinks. Bed 4: double shower/wc/sinks. Bed 5: shower/wc/sink. Bed 6: shower/wc/sink. Bottega: bath/shower/wc/sink. C Privata: standalone bath/shower/wc/sinks.
- 8 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Bedroom 7
- Bedroom 8
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 12 comfortably Notes on bedrooms: Bed 1: Double 4 poster bed/standalone bath. Bed 2: Double bed. Bed 3: Double 4 poster bed/standalone bath. Bed 4: Twin beds plus 2 single pouf-beds. Bed 5: Double bed. Bed 6: Double bed. Bottega: Double bed. Casa Privata: Double Bed.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Please note the pool is not fenced and as such children need to be supervised. Mountain bikes / tennis raquets / pool table / bar billiards table / football table / table tennis are all included. We can arrange for our own local cook to treat you to a special dinner under the stars, or cook for you every night. Pizza or BBQ evenings can also be arranged. House managers live in the neighbourhood. Outside: 20 metre private infinity swimming pool with solar heating (this extends the pool season realistically from April through to the end of September). Numerous eating areas including an outdoor pizza oven with fire-pit, a portico, private terraces, picnic areas on the 50 acres of land. Utility Room: Washing machine / dryer. Daily maid service. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All towels and linen included, Daily maid service (3 hours per day, 7 days per week). Linen changed weekly unless requested. Other: Outside Pizza area, portico, tennis court, jeudeboules court, swimming pool, garage.