Gite in Angouleme, Charente, Poitou-Charentes - Edge of Village Location near Historic Town
L'Agneau lies in the sunny Charente amongst idyllic countryside on the edge of the pretty hamlet of Vouzan. The secure grounds provide elevated views over picturesque surroundings. Our tastefully furnished gîte offers comfortable and well-equipped accommodation. In the out buildings there is table tennis, a spin bike and kettlebells. The property is spacious with a large sitting room equipped with TV/DVD, dining room with seating for up to 20 and good kitchen facilities. The five bedrooms include a master suite with ensuite and all the beds were specially selected for their quality, size and comfort. Outside, there is a south-facing terrace accessible from sitting room, hall and two of the bedrooms, including the master, providing an ideal setting to enjoy a barbecue, al fresco dining, sun-bathing or to sit and relax with a glass or two of local wine. We also supply bikes, swings, croquet and boules!
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
'Such a beautiful setting here. We would like to thank you so much for making our holiday in France very special' - RD
'We've had a fantastic holiday relaxing. The beautiful surroundings complementing this beautiful property and delightful hosts. Thank you' - JG
'This is our 6th year in France and our 4th year here. The sunset and stars always take my breath away. Another fantastic holiday - thanks Pat and Tony' - AL
Activity and Interests
There are various inland beaches and lakes offering safe swimming, water sports and boating etc. the nearest being at St. Estephe, Angouleme and St. Mathieu.
The nearest coastal resort is Royan, approximately one and a half hours drive time away, and features not only extensive sandy beaches but a very impressive Zoo, and a little further away is the resort of La Rochelle.
By Air: Limoges or Poitiers airports are within 90 mins drive.
By train: Angouleme TGV station is 15 mins drive.
By Road/Ferry: St.Malo ferry port is approx 4-5 hours drive from the property.
Via Channel Tunnel: L'Agneau is about 8 hours driving time from the Folkestone-Calais link.
L'Agneau is approximately 15 mins from Angouleme, the historic county town of the Charente. Less than 50km away to the west is Cognac, the home of brandy, and the 'theme park' Futuroscope is situated just north of Poitiers.
There are plenty of restaurants in Angouleme offering a variety of cuisines, and in the other local towns of Montbron and Villebois Lavallette a good selection of restaurants can be found.
Various supermarkets can be found in Angouleme, Villebois Lavallette and Montbron.
- Booking Notes:
We will require an initial 20% deposit payment to reserve your booking, and the balance holiday payment together with a security deposit (against breakages etc) will be payable two calendar months before the start of your holiday. We operate a Saturday-Saturday changeover day.
Changeover day for weeks between May and September will be Saturday; outside of peak periods we can be more flexible.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK pounds.
PLEASE NOTE THAT A 15% EARLY BOOKING DISCOUNT IS CURRENTLY BEING OFFERED .
- Available arrival
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- autumn foliage
- water parks
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- En-suite bathroom to bedroom 1. Second bathroom with WC. Separate WC. Bathroom with WC in Swimming Pool house
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 11/12 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with king size bed, en-suite and terrace access. Bedroom 2 with king size bed and terrace access. Bedroom 3 has three single beds. Bedroom 4 has king size bed plus a single bed. Bedroom 5 has either one or two single beds.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Please note that in the unlikely event(!) central heating is required there would be a separate, additional charge made. Outside: The grounds and gardens of L'Agneau extend to around 8 acres. *New for 2014 will be a 10x5 outdoor, heated swimming pool!* The Indoor Complex houses a 6x5m heated swimming pool, safe and secure for children, ideal for all weathers and night-time use! It also has quality table-tennis and snooker tables. Terrace furniture is provided for relaxation and 'al fresco' dining and a large electric sunblind over the lounge windows provides additional shade both to the terrace and to the lounge. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All bed linen and towels are provided and included in the rental price. Guests are asked to provide their own swimming towels.