Apartment in Roda Golf and Beach Resort, Los Alcazares, Spain - Stunning Views and Close to the Beach
Casa La Mata is a spacious, well decorated 2 bedroom penthouse apartment nicely situated on a stunning 5 star golf resort. Extremely well equipped and includes everything you need for a perfect self-catering holiday. The property is designed throughout with comfort in mind. It has a separate balcony as well as a large rooftop solarium with stunning views across the golf course, pools, mountains and Mar Menor. The magnificent 18 hole par 72 golf course is designed by professional Dave Thomas which under the management of the prestigious De Vere hotel group will delight lovers of the game. Golfers will find that the course with its own unique style and terrain offers a challenging and beautiful environment weaving past lakes, palm trees and borders of lush vegetation. Whether you are fine-tuning your technique, learning the rudiments of the game or simply wish to relax around beautiful surroundings, Roda Golf offers a truly diverse and unique holiday experience.
About the Owner
Stewart and I have been happily married for 35 years with 2 wonderful sons of whom we are very proud. We have recently become the proud grandparents to beautiful twin girls. We are both originally from Edinburgh but have lived in a small town called Thurso situated in the far north of Scotland for many years now.
We are a friendly couple who really enjoy our holidays especially when accompanied with family or friends. We really enjoy our regular trips over to Roda Golf where we can relax, unwind and look forward to our future retirement plans.
From the Owner
“Stewart and I purchased our beautiful apartment in Roda Golf because we fell in love with this wonderful area of Spain. We feel the area has so much to offer everyone as there is loads to see and do. There are many cities, towns, villages and excellent beaches to explore all within easy reach. The area is infamous for all its sporting connections with golf, football, diving, tennis, sailing, fishing and kite surfing to name but a few. We love the beautiful lagoon of the Mar Menor and La Manga with all the mud baths and water sports going on there. You can choose to either enjoy a very quiet peaceful holiday or if you prefer mingle with the local people and holidaymakers down in the town square. Whatever type of holiday you are looking for you are sure to find it here at Roda Golf.”
Activity and Interests
The resort is approximately 1.5km from the golden sandy beach of Los Alcazares. This blue flag beach has an attractive promenade close to the town centre with many top class restaurants along the way. There are many water sport facilities. The warm clear water of the Mar Menor (little sea) does not exceed 7m in depth and is separated from the Mediterranean Sea by a sand bar of 22km. This warm salt lagoon is one of the most popular places in Europe for practicing sports due to high flotation.
San Javier (Murcia) airport is a 10 minute drive. Alicante airport is a 50 minute drive. We recommend the use of a car but is not essential. The nearby town of Los Alcazares can be reached within walking distance and can provide hire of cars, motorbike or cycles. Roda has direct access to the N322 and the A-7 motorway. There are also local buses and trains linking to major Spanish cities and towns.
Nearby Los Alcazares is just a few minutes away by car. San Pedro, Lo Pagan, San Javier and of course La Manga are all very close. Cartagena is about 15 minutes away. If you wish to travel slightly further afield you can visit some very exciting places like Mazarron, Torrevieja, Orihuela, Benidorm, Villajoyosa, Elche and Calpe to name but a few. Murcia and Alicante is around 50 minutes drive. Travelling a couple of hours or so further you could reach Madrid, Valencia or Barcelona.
The town of Alcazares offers facilities such as banks, supermarkets, hairdressers and wonderful restaurants. Los Alcazares lies next to the Mar Menor, which is Europe's largest saltwater lagoon with more than 43 miles of coastline. The water is several degrees (8*) warmer than the nearby Mediterranean. The Mar Menor has a high salt content, which makes it easier to float in, and is rich in minerals, many of which are believed to be very therapeutic. A visit to the mud baths in Lo Pagan or the Thalasia massage centre are a must to enjoy some relaxation. Many water sports are practiced in this area. Centro Mediterraneo is a large shopping centre with many shops including the large do-it-yourself store Leroy Merlin which can be easily reached via the AP-7 exit jctn 191. Dos Mares is a slightly smaller shopping centre in Lo Pagan but well worth a visit. Both centres have large supermarkets. If you decide to travel into Murcia you can drive to the big shopping centre or Ikea which is a junction just off the AP-7 and take a taxi into the city. The Spanish have an excellent road network making it very simple to travel. You can take cheap internal flights to Barcelona, Madrid or Marbella. You could also choose to take the new high speed trains available or why not take a ferry across the waters of the Mar Menor to our Private Beach Club or the world famous La Manga. If you enjoy a good game of football then why not book tickets to see Murcia F.C. play against teams like Barcelona or Real Madrid. Fiestas are a very important part of Spain and the Spanish way of life. They are very colourful, vibrant, more often than not very noisy, often chaotic and always great fun, so why not try one out. Another thing the Spanish love is their markets where they can stock up on fresh produce, clothes, leather goods and shoes amongst many other things. No matter where you are, you can be sure there will be a local market going on somewhere nearby. Come and join in the fun!
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Sep 2016 - 31 Oct 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£100|
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK pounds. Our cost includes your cleaning & meet 'n' greet service. A £100 security deposit is required which is fully refundable subject to inspection. Optional 'Welcome Pack' is available at a small cost. Shared garden and pool area.
English speaking owners and key holder is on hand 24/7 for peace of mind. Discounts may be available for repeat bookings or referrals.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Stewart and I enjoy regular visits to our apartment in Roda Golf and love the fact it is our home from home. We have decorated 'Casa La Mata' to a very high standard taking pride in making sure we cater for all requirements. We also love to visit the local garden centres and enjoy taking care of the many plants we like to purchase and decorate our home with. We truly believe that we own one of the better located apartments with absolutely stunning views from our amazing rooftop. We are also very pleased knowing that we can enjoy sunbathing up on the rooftop with the peace of mind that our security gate provides. We love to take a leisurely stroll in the evenings to visit the 'clubhouse' which is only about 5 mins away. Come and enjoy the many benefits of our wonderful apartment.”
- children welcome
- limited accessibility
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- city centre
- near the sea
- autumn foliage
- recreation centre
- winery tours
- outlet shopping
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- freshwater fishing
- golf pass optional
- jet skiing
- pier fishing
- bay fishing
- surf fishing
- water skiing
- water tubing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite bathroom to master bedroom with bath, shower over and screen, built in handbasin with storage, mirror and wc. Marble floors and walls. Second bathroom with shower cubicle, handbasin with storage, mirror and wc. Marble floor and walls.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4/6 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed & marble floor, built in wardrobes, safe, views over beautifully landscaped gardens and shared pool. Electric external blinds. Bedroom 2 with single beds (zips into double), wardrobe. Golf course view.
- Notes on accommodation: 'Casa La Mata' is fully air-conditioned with central heating for those cooler months. The apartment is located close to the 'clubhouse' with shops, restaurants, bars, cycle trails, tennis courts all nearby. There is lift access from the secure u/ground car park. Apartment has a strict no smoking policy. The resort has 24 hour gated security and is suitable for children with play areas nearby. Bedrooms can be configured to either 2 doubles or 1 double and 2 singles. Please specify when booking. Management company will be near at hand if you require assistance in any way. Roda Golf Resort also boasts a separate Beach Club located on La Manga in the Mar Menor area. The beach club is a fabulous break from your game of golf where you can relax and enjoy swimming pools, water sports, solarium's, social areas and of course the beach and sea. We are only 5 minutes away from the many blue flag sandy beaches of the Mar Menor. We are within easy access to the motorway and the airport. Outside: The apartment is surrounded by beautiful landscaped gardens and one of the many large communal pools sits directly below. A large balcony is located from the living room decorated beautifully with potted plants with table and chairs for 4 people. The penthouse also has a huge roof top solarium with spectacular views across the golf course, mountains and over to La Manga in the Mar Menor. The rooftop comes complete with 4 luxury sun loungers and large glass table with 4 very comfortable chairs. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Property will be cleaned before and after rental which is included in price along with our 'meet and greet' service. One set of towels and linen provided. Beach towels not provided. Extra cleaning or laundry available on request. Other: Entrance hall with mirrors, pictures and marble flooring. Large 70m2 spectacular rooftop solarium with excellent views of the golf course, communal pools, mountains and Mar Menor. 4 luxury sun loungers and large dining table with 4 chairs.