House in Rock, Cornwall - Close to Shops, all Seaside Activities and Golf
Rock and the surrounding area, on the banks of the Camel Estuary, has proved to be a popular and exciting holiday destination for many years.
Located in the heart of Rock, this immaculate detached property sits surrounded by its own large private garden, within walking distance of local shops and amenities. Ideally situated for water-skiing and sailing on the Camel Estuary, golf at the world renowned St Enodoc Golf Club, surfing at Polzeath or simply enjoying the beautiful beaches at Daymer Bay, Rock and Porthilly. Ideal for a group, family sharing or a romantic seaside getaway, this property prioritises comfort and practicality.
Whilst the sea may be a little cold for some in the winter months, the local area provides ample activities all year round, or simply relax at home in front of the fire after walks along the miles of spectacular North Cornwall coastline. Many local pubs and restaurants are within walking distance, including Nathan Outlaw's Michelin starred restaurant at the nearby St Enodoc Hotel, or take a short ferry trip across the Camel Estuary to sample the Rick Stein experience in the beautiful fishing village of Padstow! Returning to the homely warmth of a cosy Aga at all times.
Offering Short Stay:
3 nights minimum = £600
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
About The Owner
Having been a homeowner in Rock for over 15 years and having holidayed in the area for many years before this, I am able to offer invaluable advice and local knowledge to all guests. Please feel free to ask any questions or seek suggestions for activities or destinations to visit during your stay.
(14 traveller reviews)
The house is a good size in a great location. The large garden was extensively used. We would most definitely return to Crossways next time. Thank you Sally-Anne!
A lovely house with great facilities decorated to a beautiful standard. Unfortunately linen was not included which I thought it could have been for the price, but having said that a great place to stay.
We had a fabulous stay in this very well appointed bungalow and would definitely recommend it. We felt we were able to completely relax and enjoy ourselves in gorgeous surroundings.The benefits, in no particular order, included:
- Everything we looked for in the kitchen we found - from a garlic press to a very large collection of crockery, cutlery, glasses, pans etc
- The bungalow was spotlessly clean on our arrival.
- Previous occupants had left many useful ingredients and purchases behind eg herbs, coffee and even napkins etc. We used some and added to the collection!
- Lovely, large garden which is not overlooked and has a fabulous array of garden furniture
- Proximity of every sort of shop we needed for food supplies - butcher, fishmonger, bakery, deli, Spar
- Large kitchen table where we could all (7 adults) sit comfortably
- Similarly, a lounge where we could all comfortably sit together and play games etc
- Great kitchen appliances including dishwasher, washer and dryer etc
- Lovely artwork and ornaments all over the bungalow making it feel homely
- Proximity to a number of beaches - both relaxing and surfing
- Two bathrooms
- Excellent communication with the owner
- Useful outside tap for washing sand off
One or two MINOR criticisms which would not stop us visiting again:
- We felt that the bunk beds in one of the bedrooms made it too cramped. The bungalow would sleep eight more comfortably without them
- Bedding not provided. We hired bedding (which was of a lovely quality) and the beds were made up for us for a small charge, however, I would have preferred to pay a little more in the first place and for that to be included
- The bathroom that doesn't have a shower cubicle would benefit from a curtain or screen on the bath to make the shower attachment more "usable". It takes a while to get seven people showered in the morning!!
This is a very lovely house
The house is lovely, close to the shops and about 20 minutes walk to the beaches. We got everything we needs, very comfortable stay.
It would be good to mention that the house is next to Texaco because we have a little trouble finding the house.
Sally Anne is very helpful in providing us the local information.
Cosy winter escape to Rock
Incredible few days staying at Crossways with 2 other couples. The house is perfectly located for everything you could ever want to do in Rock and the surrounding area. Beautifully cosy by the wood-burner and the Aga we had such an amazing stay. Stunning walks along the coast to nearby Polzeath, delicious food at Rick Stein's in Padstow and a blowy walk across St Enodoc Golf Course - that a perfect holiday. Thank you!
Perfect for our needs
The house worked perfectly for our week in Rock; well placed for access to everything in the surrounding area, plenty of parking and the house is lovely! It was just what we needed, thank you.
The owner was very helpful in all the communication during the booking process and the caretaker was very helpful and friendly. We would highly recommend staying here and hope we will be able to return.
Activity and Interests
Close to the water-skiing and sailing on the Camel Estuary. 10 minute walk to nearest beach. 5 minute drive from Polzeath surf beach.
Newquay Airport (25 minute drive - car hire available at airport).
Bodmin Parkway Station (30 minute drive).
Polzeath - 10 minute drive
(Surfing, Beach, Shopping, Eating & Drinking)
Daymer Bay - 5 minute drive, 25 minute walk
Padstow - Short ferry ride from waterfront at Rock
(Eating & Drinking, Shopping, Sightseeing)
Situated in the heart of Rock within walking distance of Butcher, Baker, Delicatessen and Spar.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
4 Jan 2017 - 12 Apr 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
22 Apr 2017 - 26 May 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
27 May 2017 - 3 Jun 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
8 Jul 2017 - 2 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
Notes on prices: Prices vary depending on season of stay
Short breaks: minimum stay 3 nights = £600
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- pets not allowed
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- near the sea
- winery tours
- bird watching
- horse riding
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- freshwater fishing
- bay fishing
- water skiing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1 - Shower, WC, Basin & Heated towel rails Bathroom 2 - Bath, WC, Basin & Heated towel rails
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 - with double bed or twin beds Bedroom 2 - with double bed or twin beds & basin. Bedroom 3 - with double bed. Bedroom 4 - with bunk bed and double/twin beds & basin.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Outside: Large garden surrounding house with 2 patios both with table and chairs. Large barbecue available. Utility Room: Washing machine, tumble dryer, 2nd fridge and freezer. All cleaning equipment. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Cleaning included in rental at end of stay. Linen and towels not included but available for hire if required.