Villa in Eggi, Nr. Spoleto, Umbria, Italy - Close to Spoleto in Peaceful Village Location
This outstanding villa is ideal for large families or special interest groups wishing to enjoy a high standard of accommodation in an authentic, fully restored, Umbrian villa. Situated 5km from the city of Spoleto, home to the International Festival de Due Monde and many annual festivals, there are extensive walking trails in the hills and valleys adjacent and easy access to Perugia, Assisi, Todi, Norcia etc. Local attractions include: fishing, golf and wine tasting and visits to olive mills, village cheese making and local chefs are easy to arrange.
About the Owner
We are a group of family and friends who fell in love with a ruin in 2003 and have worked together to restore it. Two of us, pictured here, live in Italy and have overseen the restoration and the refurbishment of the interior. We have been blessed with the help of two wonderful architects and a team of local artisans who have given far more than just their labour to complete our dream.
From the Owner
“On a family holiday in Umbria in 2003 we found the ruined villa which had been empty for over 10 years. Without the funds to restore it ourselves we collected a group together and 5 years later we finished the project. Most of the group live in UK but use the villa when they can. This part of Umbria is not well known but visitors are welcomed and warmly included in many of the local traditions and festivals. The regional food is delicious and there is far more to discover than a short holiday allows. Walking, cycling, fishing, golf, local markets, many local restaurants and numerous medieval hill towns are within easy reach if you want an active holiday. Alternatively it is possible to enjoy quiet reflection and drinks by the pool or in the piazzas of Spoleto where tourists are rare.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
This is an ideal location for special interest groups - artists, health and yoga groups, music and theatre performance groups, walking and historical interest groups, food and wine lovers interested in the regional fare of Umbria. We can provide assistance in the planning of all these since we live locally and have good local contacts with chefs, restaurants, walking groups, art historians, and music networks.
The property is 90 mins drive from the Adriatic coast.
Rome airports Ciampino and Fiumancino both provide regular flights from UK (Ryanair, Alitalia, Easyjet, BA) 1¾ hour’s. Ryanair flies several times a week from London Stansted to Perugia 30 mins. Ryanair also flies daily to Ancona 2 hours. Car hire is ideal although there are daily bus services from Eggi to Spoleto.
Spoleto 5km. Assisi 50km. Perugia 60km. Todi 60km. Norcia 35km. Bevagna 25km. Foligno 20km. Spello 25km. Trevi 12km.
There is a local shop in Eggi village which provides all the basic essentials. In Spoleto there are good supermarkets, banks and ATMs, and often there are concerts and performances. Locally there are excellent restaurants with many interesting regional menus.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 31 May 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
1 Jun 2017 - 30 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£628|
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. A deposit of one third of the cost of the booking should be made at the time of booking. The balance is due 8 weeks before arrival.
The preferred changeover day is Saturday. Arrival should not be before 3pm and departure should be by 10am.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in euros.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Villa Campo Verde is positioned on the edge of a village with a local shop and a bar. It is easy to access from Rome airports or Perugia (Ryanair) which is only 35 mins away. The Villa is furnished with authentic period furniture and has a large modern kitchen with room for many hands to help with food preparation. A chef is available for those who prefer and we are on hand to help with advice on all the local attractions and festivals.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 5 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 6 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 7 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 8 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 9 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bedrooms 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5. have en-suite bathrooms with showers. Bedrooms 6 and 7 share en-suite with bath bidet and wc. Bedrooms 8 and 9 share en-suite with shower and wc.
- 10 Bedrooms, Sleeps 25
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Bedroom 7
- Bedroom 8
- Bedroom 9
- Bedroom 10
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 25 (10 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedrooms 1, 3, 6, 8 have twin/double beds plus a single. Bedrooms 2 and 5 have double beds. Bedroom 4 has a double and single beds. Bedroom 7 has large sofa bed and 1 single. Bedroom 9 has 3 single beds. Bedroom 10 small single bed with en-suite.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: This is an extensive villa dating back to the 17th Century which has been restored with style and finesse by local architects. There is underfloor heating for winter rental. The house has thick old stone walls and is well insulated in both hot and cold weather. It is also ideal for family gatherings and celebrations. Outside: The villa is set amongst an acre of established evergreen and deciduous trees, an olive and fruit tree orchard, several private courtyards, an open grassed space, an enclosed courtyard to the east and and an open terrace to the west, with glorious sunset views. Also to the west is a 15m enclosed swimming pool (fully serviced). The house is flanked by several courtyards which provide both intimate areas and convivial spaces allowing midnight merriment or post prandial siestas. Ample parking for 6 to 8 cars is available within the walls. Utility Room: There are 2 washing machines in separate room. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The house will be cleaned prior to arrival with fresh linen provided. Extra linen, fresh towels and additional cleaning are available as required. These are charged separately. Swimming towels are not provided. Other: The interior dining room will seat up to 30. Separate courtyards provide breakfast dining to the east and a western terrace with sunset views for evening meals. A two level terrace on top of the tower provides panoramic views and private sunbathing.