Villa in Beaucaire, Gard, Languedoc / Provence border - And now for something completely different and special
A stunning hilltop villa and Roman-style pool situated between Avignon, St Remy de Provence, Arles, Nimes, Uzes and the Pont du Gard. 6 double or twin bedrooms and 5 bath/shower/WC rooms Built around an old stone tower and renovated with immense style and an abundance of love and care to provide a very high standard of accommodation combining old style charm and original Provencal features, with modern day comforts. Surrounded by a high wall with access by imposing electronically-controlled entrance gates, you enjoy a private and secluded position, without being isolated. You do not overlook any other houses and no other houses overlook you !
Top Traveller Review
Exceeded our expectations.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the manager
Wonderful holiday Tony, thoroughly enjoyable and relaxing. Tim. 1st Sept 2010.
Dear Tony, many thanks for a lovely holiday. The villa was lovely and the pool a great hit - even my 2-year old made quite a lot of progress in water confidence , which was wonderful. Best wishes and thank again Kirstin and all the extended family.
Hi Tony, we made it here and are enjoying your lovely villa. Weather is wonderful and today we are planning our day trips. Thanks, Neville and Bonnie speaking for all 4 couples from Canada.
Hi Tony, thank you so much for the use of your wonderful villa and pool in Provence. It was a great location. Everyone had a great time. We will be recommending to friends and acquaintances. Richard and friends.
1 holidaymaker review
Exceeded our expectations.
We booked Villa Romantique for a get-together of far flung cousins. The listing is accurate as regards the facilities but the photos don't really convey how spacious the house and grounds are. There are several seating areas both inside and out, giving scope for being all together or in smaller groups . The house was very well presented and on arrival we were given a tour by the charming caretaker. There's good documentation of the appliances and plenty of suggestions of things to do and places to visit. The owner is English and lives in Greater London and so the booking process was easy for someone with limited French. The contract is straightforward and queries were dealt with promptly. Beaucaire itself is a very pleasant town with both local shops and hypermarkets. We made enjoyable excursions to Nimes, Avignon, Arles and Uzes but some days it was just fun to spend time in Villa Romantique and its grounds.
From the Owner
“Something very different. Private and secluded but not isolated. You do not overlook any other properties and you are not overlooked by any other properties”
Activity and Interests
Beautiful Provence and the Camargue
Just 1 mile from the historic twin towns of Beaucaire and Tarascon> You are very centrally located in the circle created by beautiful Avignon, St Remy de Provence, Arles, Nimes, Uzes and the Pont du Gard, and conveniently no more than 12 miles (20 kms) from each and yet only about 45 minutes drive to the Mediterranean.
Villa Romantique is just 1 mile (1.5 km) out of the historic medieval town of Beaucaire, with its imposing 12th century ruined castle perched high on a rock overlooking the majestic river Rhône. There is a delightful river marina crammed with colourful boats of all shapes and sizes which is bordered with restaurants and bars - full of character. Alongside the marina the square is shaded by the typical spreading plane trees (platanes) so loved in village and town squares throughout this region.
Just 1 mile from the historic twin towns of Beaucaire and Tarascon, you are very centrally located in the circle created by beautiful Avignon, St Remy de Provence, Arles, Nimes and the Pont du Gard, and conveniently no more than 12 miles (20 kms) from each and yet only about 45 minutes drive to the Mediterranean
Villa Romantique is ideally placed for visiting all of central and western (Roman) Provence, the Luberon, the Camargue, the Gard region of Languedoc-Rousillon and the uncrowded part of the Mediterranean.
While at our holiday villa in Provence, you should try to give yourselves enough time here to experience just a few of the wonderful sites in this fascinating part of the South of France.
Villa Romantique was built around an old circular stone tower with windows certainly dating from 1820.
Our villa in Provence has been completely renovated with immense style and an abundance of love and care to provide very appealing, elegant and welcoming accommodation. It combines great charm, many original Provençal features and pretty and decorative touches, with modern-day comforts. Important characteristics for holiday villas in Provence.
The approach to Villa Romantique is up a steep and winding private lane that leads to just a few other Provence villas set amongst pine and olive trees. You enter the grounds through big decorative wrought iron gates which are electronically controlled, thus ensuring privacy and a feeling of exclusivity. Our Provence villa is in a commanding hilltop position - private but not isolated - and very importantly, you are not overlooked nor are you overlooking any other homes. These are desirable and rare features for holiday villas in Provence.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
8 Oct 2016 - 28 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£1,000|
It is just as perfect for 2 as it is for 12. PLEASE NOTE that there are substantial discounts for lower occupancy so that to be fair, smaller groups pay less. There is a sliding scale of prices for the time you want to go and for the number in your party. NB. Deduct £100 for each person in your party FEWER than 12 people. For instance, 8 people ( i.e. 4 people fewer than 12) in Summer would pay £400 ( 4 x £100) per week less - i.e £3550 per week in total. 5 people in Summer ( i.e. 7 people fewer than 12) would pay £700 ( 7 x £100) per week less i.e. £3250 per week in total..
30% deposit upon booking. Balance due 2 months before commencement of holiday.
Saturday but other days by agreement.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Satellite / Cable
- Stereo ...
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool ...
- children welcome ...
- non smoking only ...
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- botanical garden
- live theatre
- winery tours
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- golf pass optional
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- 255 m²
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Toilet 2 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Can be en-suite to Bedroom 5 and has separate WC room.
- Shower room 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Showerroom 4 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, En-suite to bedroom 6
- 5 Bath/Shower rooms/WCs (all newly fitted) and 2 separate WC rooms.
- 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 2 - 12 (6 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1: with super-king-size bed which can be divided to make twin - 3 ft 3" wide beds (1 m) Bedroom 2: with four poster double bed. Bedrooms 3 & 4: with doubles which can be divided to make twins Bedrooms 5 & 6: 1 double and 1 double which can be divided into twins.
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Villa Romantique was built around an old circular stone tower with windows certainly dating from 1820. Our villa in Provence has been completely renovated with immense style and an abundance of love and care to provide very appealing, elegant and welcoming accommodation. It combines great charm, many original Provençal features and pretty and decorative touches, with modern-day comforts. Important characteristics for holiday villas in Provence. The approach to Villa Romantique is up a steep and winding private lane that leads to just a few other Provence villas set amongst pine and olive trees. You enter the grounds through big decorative wrought iron gates which are electronically controlled, thus ensuring privacy and a feeling of exclusivity. Our Provence villa is in a commanding hilltop position - private but not isolated - and very importantly, you are not overlooked nor are you overlooking any other homes. These are desirable and rare features for holiday villas in Provence. Outside: • Circular Roof Terrace (accessed by internal staircase up from 1st floor landing) with truly spectacular panoramic views. • Large raised ground-floor Terrace looking over the garden and the landscape, perfect for relaxing and dining, with seating for 12 or more, around an inviting old farmhouse table 11 ft 6" long (3.5 m) - an excellent setting for long lazy lunches and those dinners that go on late into the warm nights and filled with enjoyable conversation. • Beautiful circular Swimming Pool built in the style of a Roman colonnaded arena - and charmingly illuminated at night for that enchanting midnight dip. The pool is over 26 feet ( 8 metres ) in diameter giving a surface area of 550 sq. feet ( over 50 sq. metres ) with semi-circular steps down into the pool for easy entry and exit. • Poolside Sunbathing Terrace with sun loungers, drinks trolley etc. • Shaded Poolside Lounge - a perfect relaxing and reading area furnished with a big comfy sofa, matching arm chairs. Utility Room: Laundry room (washing machine, ironing board and iron). Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and Linen are provided. Other: Baronial-style Dining Room for 2 to 12 with white washed beams. 5 Toilets-Bath/Showers/washrooms (No.3 on the first floor has a sloping ceiling) Impressive flag-stone Entrance Hall/Sitting Room, 33 ft x 14 ft (10 m x 4.25 m)